Scott Morrison tells Christian conference he is doing ‘God’s work’ in his role as Prime Minister - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced to Australians that he had been chosen to do God’s work in the interest of Australian people.

For some, such an explanation by Morrison of his crude Pentecostal religious beliefs in Australian secular society has been disturbing lately.
Even more disturbing, however, is Morrison’s recent detailed espousal of his crude Pentecostal religious beliefs.
At an address to the Australian Christian Conference, Morrison revealed he practiced “the laying on of hands.” He said he believed that God personally sent him “signs,” was responsible for his election victory in 2019 and that he was “called to do God’s work” as Australia’s leader.
Considering his recent actions, many are wondering whether such powers come from God or from someone else.

Australia’s crisis-ridden relationship with China continues to spiral out of control as Prime Minister Morrison appears to believe that by provoking Beijing he can divert attention away from domestic political debacles such as the latest sex scandals in parliament, war crimes committed by Australian troops in Afghanistan or the worsen economic situation in the country.

In an article published in The Guardian, former Prime Minister Rudd was more critical of Morrison, describing his views as “disturbing for our secular democracy” and “undermining the role of reason….. in faith.” Rudd, understandably, found it “worrying if the Prime Minister believes God somehow speaks to him directly.”

It is to be hoped that Morrison does not really believe that, if war with China does break out, God will suddenly appear on the frontlines, eager to lead the Australian troops into battle.

https://7news.com.au/politics/scott-mor ... -c-2691961
Listen, if true... and he was chosen by god... I would keep it very quiet. Take a quick look about some of the people chosen by god shall we?
Adam and Eve, these MOFOs fucked the entire human race because they couldn't resist eating an apple?
Moses... murderous
Abraham, Ok killing his own son... on what could have been a mushroom hallucination for all we know.
Abraham's cousin's Lot, who offers his own daughters to be raped by the village people...
Noah, who is facing a literal apocalypse, and rather than warn the world he just saves his own ass.
Jephthah, god throws him a bone allowing him to battles in exchange for him sacrificing his daughter to god
And many many more. If I thought that I was selected by god for anything... I'll keep it really really quiet, one thing is for sure, that god character has a very poor judgement of character.
XogGyux wrote:Listen, if true... and he was chosen by god... I would keep it very quiet. Take a quick look about some of the people chosen by god shall we?
Adam and Eve, these MOFOs fucked the entire human race because they couldn't resist eating an apple?
Moses... murderous
Abraham, Ok killing his own son... on what could have been a mushroom hallucination for all we know.
Abraham's cousin's Lot, who offers his own daughters to be raped by the village people...
Noah, who is facing a literal apocalypse, and rather than warn the world he just saves his own ass.
Jephthah, god throws him a bone allowing him to battles in exchange for him sacrificing his daughter to god
And many many more. If I thought that I was selected by god for anything... I'll keep it really really quiet, one thing is for sure, that god character has a very poor judgement of character.

I don't think Lap Dogs can be chosen by God to lead people.
:)
XogGyux wrote:Listen, if true... and he was chosen by god... I would keep it very quiet. Take a quick look about some of the people chosen by god shall we?

Chinese troll accuses Australian PM for using Christian lingo to speak to Christian audience.

:coffee:

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I 've been genuinely wondering John, are you okay[…]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]

@Godstud I suggest you fact-check that. :lo[…]