Federal Government will build a new gas power plant - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.

The Energy Minister will confirm this morning that the Federal Government will build a new gas power plant in the Hunter Valley.

The Government set the industry a 1000 MW target last September, following the scheduled closure of the Liddell power station in 2023.

Angus Taylor says the Government had given the private sector every opportunity and is fulfilling its promise to deliver cheap and reliable power.

“Cheap power is crucial to ensuring families, businesses and job-creating industries in NSW can thrive, which is why we are committed to replacing the energy generate by Liddell to keep prices down,” he said.

Meanwhile, Shadow Treasurer Jim Chalmers will address the National Press Club today describing last week’s budget as a $100 billion missed opportunity.

“A Budget that borrows big and spends big - but thinks small,” he’ll say.

Hardly a traditional conservative move, but since I am not a typical conservative, I think it is a great move. I might even consider voting again, next election.

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]