Quarantine working just fine in Australia - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
Seems Hopkins its being deported for not taking the Australians seriously...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57883692

I would rather her stay there but some viruses you can't get rid of. Anyway this post was for you @colliric and all the Aussies who like their lockdowns strong and robust. No nonsense response for someone breaking the rules. Just like you want it.
B0ycey wrote:Seems Hopkins its being deported for not taking the Australians seriously...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57883692

I would rather her stay there but some viruses you can't get rid of. Anyway this post was for you @colliric and all the Aussies who like their lockdowns strong and robust. No nonsense response for someone breaking the rules. Just like you want it.

Looks like Katie Hopkins is running out of countries which will tolerate her 'sense of humour'.... :)
colliric wrote:Yep. In fact if I had my way, no one would be allowed to come to Australia right now without an Australian Citizenship.

Fuck exemptions.

But... but... she's a celeb, @colliric. A celeb! And that makes her a special case, obviously. :)
Problem with the quarantine is that it damages the economy and the most vulnerables economic well being. It is also not a long term solution. The only choice is to get sick and live through it or vaccinate to a certain number.

Cases are rising everywhere but there are relatively few deaths because majority of US and Europe are 50%+ vaccinated. And by vaccinated, i mean really vaccinated and not like Russia vaccinated with fake numbers or China with 1 billion doses given in half a month.

Israel follows the same pattern. Vaccination works and is the only humane solution right now. Alternative is getting sick and living through it which is also acceptable if it is somebodies personal choice.
It is said that even Aussies are stranded in foreign countries because of strict quarantine rules which prevent them from returning home because there are not enough hotels available to quarantine them. The number of Australians who can enter the country each week is limited to just over 6,000. Australia needs offshore processing facilities for new arrivals and returning Aussies. Travellers from China were initially quarantined on Christmas Island in the early phase of the pandemic. If they are allowed to stay in hotels in Melbourne or Sydney, quarantine rules will be broken and Covid-19 will spread to local communities from these new arrivals, while they are travelling to or sneaking out of these hotels. It is a total nightmare at the Olympic Village, where around 10 new cases are reported everyday as quarantine rules are not strictly observed. Most of them contracted the coronavirus from other passengers on their flights to Japan and their Covid-19 symptoms appeared within a week.
colliric wrote:"new arrivals" should not be allowed to come to Australia at this stage. There should be no exceptions. Only Australian citizens should be allowed to return.

And of course any celebrities who want to come in. Never forget the celebs, @colliric. They're always a special case. :)
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]