Australia's University sector has been obliterated, 40000 jobs gone! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/educati ... ties-jobs/

Should I be happy or upset about this? I hope the SJW courses were the first to go. Mixed feelings.

Obviously we need University, but at the same time with how woke campuses were becoming I'm kinda happy they got wacked and finally have to consider their financial health.

Government will bail them out most likely, as usual.
colliric wrote:https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/education/2021/09/13/covid-universities-jobs/

Should I be happy or upset about this? I hope the SJW courses were the first to go. Mixed feelings.

Obviously we need University, but at the same time with how woke campuses were becoming I'm kinda happy they got wacked and finally have to consider their financial health.

Universities work like a business rather than an education institution actually. This article doesn't talk about lost courses but jobs anyway. I guess that what happens when you move everything online and your enrollment drops. Having said that, I want to point out that courses will be lost if enrollment and interest in them drop. If "wokey" courses are popular, they won't go anywhere.
Rugoz wrote:What courses? Have you ever been to a university? You're talking out of your ass.

Mod note : Rule 2 removed 5-6 years over two "attempts" at Monash and the CTC.. hated every single second of Monash in hindsight. Wasted my fucking time, and ran up a big debt too. People have been trying to convince me to "go back and finish" for 15-16 years now. No fucking way, it was enough.

Should have gone straight to work after Year 12, or just gone to Tafe(more directly useful higher education).

Makes you realise how useless University is when you realise how I've currently got a 4-day part-time Job, and a shitload of people with completely useless degrees are currently out of work and/or lockdown at home.

University students are the worst most snobbish idiotic Midwits in the world. Marie Antoinettes "let them not use plastic straws", rampant Antisemitism and useless fucken woke degrees everywhere. Modern University campuses really are highly Antisemitic, despite so many Jews in attendance(students and faculty), an Anti-zionist anti-Israel anti-netanyahu Marxist protest every few weeks, even before BDS existed.
colliric wrote:Yes dickhead. 5-6 years over two "attempts" at Monash and the CTC.. hated every single second of Monash in hindsight. Wasted my fucking time, and ran up a big debt too. People have been trying to convince me to "go back and finish" for 15-16 years now. No fucking way, it was enough.

So what, you hated it because the courses were woke?
colliric wrote:
Yes dickhead. 5-6 years over two "attempts" at Monash and the CTC.. hated every single second of Monash in hindsight. Wasted my fucking time, and ran up a big debt too. People have been trying to convince me to "go back and finish" for 15-16 years now. No fucking way, it was enough.

Should have gone straight to work after Year 12, or just gone to Tafe(more directly useful higher education).

Makes you realise how useless University is when you realise how I've currently got a 4-day part-time Job, and a shitload of people with completely useless degrees are currently out of work and/or lockdown at home.

University students are the worst most snobbish idiotic Midwits in the world. Marie Antoinettes "let them not use plastic straws", rampant Antisemitism and useless fucken woke degrees everywhere. Modern University campuses really are highly Antisemitic, despite so many Jews in attendance(students and faculty), an Anti-zionist anti-Israel anti-netanyahu Marxist protest every few weeks, even before BDS existed.

And the grapes were sour anyway..
colliric wrote:https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/education/2021/09/13/covid-universities-jobs/

What is SJW classes? Any kind of social studies?
colliric wrote:Mod note : Rule 2 removed 5-6 years over two "attempts" at Monash and the CTC.. hated every single second of Monash in hindsight. Wasted my fucking time, and ran up a big debt too. People have been trying to convince me to "go back and finish" for 15-16 years now. No fucking way, it was enough.

"If you do not worship Allah, you are an infidel.
If you do not worship money, you are an anti-Semite".
The British colony of Australia was never fertile ground for the creation of intellectuals.
All those who appeared were soon encouraged to go into exile for the rest of their lives.
Here are just a few of them:

Robert Hughes
One of the greatest world intellectual wrote:

"Australia is spatially huge, culturally tiny and politically irrelevant"(quote)

Julian Assange wrote:

"I love my birth country, Australia, but as a state it doesn’t exist. Here is why: it had its prime minister denounce me, moved to cancel my passport, secretly passed data on me to US intelligence and has never made representations on my behalf. It is owned by US+UK corporations. Before WWII, Australia was dominated by the UK – of which it was a colony. After the war, it subordinated itself to US hegemony. A brief attempt at an independent Australian foreign policy in 1975 resulted in a US+UK-backed constitutional coup".(quote)

John Pilger:

But the Morrison government has made the arts courses more financially rewarding to the Universities to offer by raising the fees, these cheaper courses to teach bring in more money for the universities. It's science that will get most of the cuts. It's more expensive t o teach for a variety of reasons.

I'm back studying after a fair break. And Universities are not getting more woke. I'm doing arts on one of the most woke campuses in Australia. It's really not very woke at all, the overwhelming majoirty students and staff do not really qualify as woke in any real regarded,

It;s mostly a fictional propaganda figure created by the alt ring wing media, right wingers just believe any tripe they are dished up.

Yeah there been a"woke" "SJW" presence on campus for a long time and some courses have that sort of content. But's really massively over stated,
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That or some of the Republicans are crazy or stup[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]