Biden's Dementia on full display.... (Aus-US-UK Submarine deal) - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
AFAIK wrote:Imagine watching your country taking a step towards armed confrontation and thinking the take away is the gaffe another world leader made.

Midwits tower above you.

It is the biggest problem. We're being led by demented morons.

Cancelling the order from the French was an idiotic decision.
colliric wrote:https://twitter.com/addicted2newz/status/1438257466513428486?s=19

Old cunt can't even remember our PM's name even though he was just told it! Reads it from the fucking teleprompter later.

We tore up the good deal with, ALSO AN IMPORTANT ALLY, France for this crazy demented fool and his Cornpop crap?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... arine-deal

Fuck. The frogs have every right to be pissed. They won't deal with us for a good while.

Trump was somehow more embarrassing than this turd??? You Democrats really believe that fantasy do you?

Bidens face when he will humiliate Trump and his supporters during the next election even harder.

"I am gonna give you 10 to fuck off"

All of these people who want to confront the Chinese need to ask themselves whether they would be prepared to pick up a rifle and go to war for such a cause.

Are all these Americans, British and Aussies who support this deal going to be willing to defend Taiwan independence with their lives?

If not then they're hypocrites. I suspect when push comes to shove a lot of them wouldn't be willing to risk their lives for this. And they would not be wrong to be hesitant because asking someone to lay down their life for a cause is a big ask (that's putting it mildly).

Obviously we will have our differences with China but another war in East Asia should be avoided at all costs. Instead of firing up the tension we should be working for a calmer and harmonious Asia-Pacific region. Such a point of view isn't appeasement or capitulation it's just common sense. I don't like the PRC Beijing government or their genocide against the Uyghurs but this drive to war is not going to help anyone.

If war did emerge between America and China what is going to happen? There could be no winner. It would end in nuclear exhange which would wipe out humanity. People are so stupid!
Political Interest wrote:All of these people who want to confront the Chinese need to ask themselves whether they would be prepared to pick up a rifle and go to war for such a cause.

In many ways it is worse than that. A war in Taiwan is a war in Chinese territory. I doubt anyone would even set foot on Taiwan given a ground offensive would be drowned in sea. So the options are nuclear or nothing. And even the dump shits in government can't escape that fate. But what I found rather amusing was that Chinas reaction was to hand an application to join CPTTP yesterday. You have to admire that. Whilst the US seem to be engaged in aggression with their two puppets, China seem to be engaging in the only way to sustain a hegemony, build strong foundations.

Perhaps the sensible thing would have not been to mention this pact had anything to do with Indo-Pacific security and instead been about sharing technology. :hmm:
Nuclear submarines are for Australia's own national security, making sure that Chinese nuclear submarines are not lurking in Australian waters. Communist China is attempting to make the world safe for the CCP and Australia is one of its primary targets. Australia looks to protect its northern waters from any naval threats and project its naval power into the South China Sea, where it can blunt Chinese influence and protect freedom of navigation with the United States. Taiwan is a different matter, which would be protected jointly by the United States and Japan that still maintains close ties with its former colony.
B0ycey wrote:In many ways it is worse than that. A war in Taiwan is a war in Chinese territory. I doubt anyone would even set foot on Taiwan given a ground offensive would be drowned in sea. So the options are nuclear or nothing. And even the dump shits in government can't escape that fate. But what I found rather amusing was that Chinas reaction was to hand an application to join CPTTP yesterday. You have to admire that. Whilst the US seem to be engaged in aggression with their two puppets, China seem to be engaging in the only way to sustain a hegemony, build strong foundations.

Perhaps the sensible thing would have not been to mention this pact had anything to do with Indo-Pacific security and instead been about sharing technology. :hmm:

On the other side of it you've got Xi Jinping declining the opportunity for a summit with Biden. Even during the height of the Cold War we had Western leaders meeting with Soviet leaders on a not so infrequent basis. We're in an abysmal global situation. We don't even talk to each other anymore.

Xi Jinping was one upon a time a state guest in London as recently as 2015. How times change.

Unless someone is particularly stupid they would like to avoid WW3. But I think a lot of people are particlarly stupid. Just look at video sharing websites whenever there is some flashpoint between the big powers, you always get the legions of jingoists from the belligerant countries grand standing and smack talking each other. The masses get brainwashed into fighting each other over utter nonsense.
Political Interest wrote:On the other side of it you've got Xi Jinping declining the opportunity for a summit with Biden. Even during the height of the Cold War we had Western leaders meeting with Soviet leaders on a not so infrequent basis. We're in an abysmal global situation. We don't even talk to each other anymore.

They did talk though. Over the phone last month. The problem is the rhetoric. China aren't interested in anyone criticising their internal affairs and most definitely have no interest in anyone against their nation building. So they aren't interest in dialogue with the US if they have anything to say on those two things. And I don't see China as a threat either. Or not whilst we have two hegemony powers. Clearly they want to get on par with America but they are doing it diplomatically and building trade relationships.

Unless someone is particularly stupid they would like to avoid WW3. But I think a lot of people are particlarly stupid. Just look at video sharing websites whenever there is some flashpoint between the big powers, you always get the legions of jingoists from the belligerant countries grand standing and smack talking each other. The masses get brainwashed into fighting each other over utter nonsense.

Well I think it would take something stupid to start WW3. One sides pushing the boundaries, the other reacting to it which in turn starts a chain reaction. Which is why this pact should be something of concern actually. What are the obligations? I don't have an issue with Submarines or technology sharing given that is to do with Australian security and only that. I would have an issue if AUKUS start doing provocative missions in the Indo-Pacific region.
B0ycey wrote:
In many ways it is worse than that. A war in Taiwan is a war in Chinese territory.

I doubt anyone would even set foot on Taiwan given a ground offensive would be drowned in sea. So the options are nuclear or nothing.

But what I found rather amusing was that Chinas reaction was to hand an application to join CPTTP yesterday. You have to admire that. Whilst the US seem to be engaged in aggression with their two puppets, China seem to be engaging in the only way to sustain a hegemony, build strong foundations.

Perhaps the sensible thing would have not been to mention this pact had anything to do with Indo-Pacific security and instead been about sharing technology.

The ocean is not territory, and Taiwan is not part of China.

Hardly. You do know you're not exactly the first person to consider this??? All China has to do is blockade. Unless we do an emergency airlift operation, like we did for Germany during the Cold War, they would have to give up or starve.

You really need to learn. That was idiotic. China does all sorts of things against Taiwan, to rattle their cage, and they've been doing it all the time you've been alive. That 'polite' offer was a threat.

Yes, because nuclear subs can deliver soap, or baked goods?
late wrote:The ocean is not territory, and Taiwan is not part of China.

I said you wouldn't get to Chinese territory. You would be drowned at sea. Not that the Ocean is China ffs. Although I hate to inform you that Taiwan is offically China. At first it was about who to recognise as the official government and today it is about delayed reunification. As long as nobody recognises Taiwan sovereignty, there shouldn't be any problem.

Hardly. You do know you're not exactly the first person to consider this??? All China has to do is blockade. Unless we do an emergency airlift operation, like we did for Germany during the Cold War, they would have to give up or starve.

I suspect China aren't interested in that given they want Taiwan to reunite naturally. China has always been patient. The genuinely believe that Taiwan will naturally unite back over time. Besides, they don't break agreements. They haven't invaded Taiwan yet and I know they like to push their boundaries with the occasional flyover but I don't see a blockade happening and they have had plenty of opportunity to do so prior so why do you think they will start now?

You really need to learn. That was idiotic. China does all sorts of things against Taiwan, to rattle their cage, and they've been doing it all the time you've been alive. That 'polite' offer was a threat.

And yet Taiwan still exists and they aren't asking anyone to fight on their behalf. What does that say? Perhaps that China haven't overstepped the mark and merely kept to their side of the agreement. It would be wrong to say they haven't pushed things, although it should be said that technically they are entering their own airspace and really it would be wise to the US to react to a Chinese action rather than be the provocateur. And that is why America always seem to have the criticism against them all the time. They do act to a threat that doesn't exist.

Yes, because nuclear subs can deliver soap, or baked goods?

The subs can be used for self defence. Every nation spends on defence and Australia is no different. The problem was these subs were part of a pact that was specifically for Indo-Pacific security. And only an idiot can't see that is laymen to counter China.
B0ycey wrote:Perhaps the sensible thing would have not been to mention this pact had anything to do with Indo-Pacific security and instead been about sharing technology.

Biden specifically mentioned France's presence in the region. Likely an attempt at appeasement after trampling over their diesel sub contracts.

late wrote:All China has to do is blockade [Taiwan].

It's the other way round. The fear is the US could blockade China due to the ring of military bases surrounding China's coast.
B0ycey wrote:They did talk though. Over the phone last month. The problem is the rhetoric. China aren't interested in anyone criticising their internal affairs and most definitely have no interest in anyone against their nation building. So they aren't interest in dialogue with the US if they have anything to say on those two things. And I don't see China as a threat either. Or not whilst we have two hegemony powers. Clearly they want to get on par with America but they are doing it diplomatically and building trade relationships.

https://www.ft.com/content/81376b8c-6d97-4d19-b124-6656f27ce976

There used to be more of these meetings during the Cold War, especially during detente. Or perhaps I'm thinking there were more than there actually were, but it seems leaders these days rarely meet in person or in each others countries. If they do meet it's always if they're in a third country and seems to happen mostly as a matter of diplomatic procedure.

It's true, the Chinese will never listen to anyone criticise their domestic policies, and they have no interest in being lectured about human rights. They're not very happy about the American presence in Asia. There are many areas in which the Chinese and Americans will not find common ground and neither side will compromise.

It's interesting to see what America will do if the Chinese invade Taiwan. They no longer have a treaty obligation to offer a full military commitment. I think they will do, however.

B0ycey wrote:Well I think it would take something stupid to start WW3. One sides pushing the boundaries, the other reacting to it which in turn starts a chain reaction. Which is why this pact should be something of concern actually. What are the obligations? I don't have an issue with Submarines or technology sharing given that is to do with Australian security and only that. I would have an issue if AUKUS start doing provocative missions in the Indo-Pacific region.

This concerns me as well. Especially considering you have Global Britain trying to take iteslf back to the 1920s and head off for adventures in the Far East.
Patrickov wrote:I just heard this news on my way home.

France seems keen to accuse Biden "being Trump".

American politics is just a total shitshow.

If there is an argument for Trump being better than Biden, it is only because Trump was so incompetent.

But, I am not sure Biden is very competent, either.

The amount of damage Trump was able to do might have been tempered by his incompetence, though.

I was always conditioned to hate Republicans more than I hate Democrats, and that still sorta holds true, but they are sorta peas in a pod.

American politics are absolutely horrible.
Patrickov wrote:I just heard this news on my way home.

France seems keen to accuse Biden "being Trump".

Well what do you expect. They have just lost a multi billion dollar contract. That isn't small change. But they have summoned both the US and Australian ambassadors (not UK) which can only mean one thing. They want to part of the submarine contract and NOT part of AUKUS.

I think they might get it btw. Throwing your toys out can get you prizes. :lol:
AFAIK wrote:

It's the other way round. The fear is the US could blockade China due to the ring of military bases surrounding China's coast.

We depend too much on stuff made in China. The goal is to guide China, through our actions, into being a stable part of the world order. I honestly don't see that happening, but it's not like there is an alternative.

China thinks long term, and once they become a naval power, they can get Taiwan without firing a shot.
late wrote:China ... can get Taiwan without firing a shot.

Do you think the Taiwanese will go down without a fight after what's happened in Hong Kong?

If anything, what they have done in Hong Kong definitely shows how short-sighted they are.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there are tunnels near Nuseirat, then this is a[…]

https://media.gq.com/photos/65d4b3d8[…]

So we agree that it is not simply carte blanche an[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]