Djokovic exposes ethnic divisions in Australian society - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
AFAIK wrote:A senior politician once threatened to euthanise a Hollywood celebrity's dogs for skipping quarantine but go ahead and tell me how racist Australia is in all its actions and motivations.

That threat of animal violence was also uncalled for. But in the end we found out it was all Amber Heard's fault anyway. The situation was sorted out and Depp could finish making the movie with no problems.

That is an entirely different situation, but it also shows you how little care the same backwater Aussies have for the well-being of Dogs.

Still that was entirely Heard's fault. She's a narcissist and couldn't do without her pets to abuse when Johnny wasn't there to be the victim.
When I lived there, I was in the Midland-Swanview area. Dont get me wrong, I liked it there, but the racism is far more open and in your face than in Victoria.

As I said, McGowan was raised in a more racist version of Australian society, so he genuinely thought this was a good idea and totally not "comes off looking like a white saviour" stuff.

I had never been to Perth suburbs as I always stayed at one of the residence halls of UWA. Swan View had a population of 8,027 people in 2011. About 15% of the population are of Southern or Eastern European origins. It is a small rural community taken over by new migrants, where anti-immigration sentiment could be heightened. I saw some cranky women spewing racist stuff in public but I don't blame an entire community for perpetuating racism. Educated Aussies are just as decent and gentlemanly as the British. McGowan led Western Australia's response to the COVID-19 pandemic and he reached a record-breaking approval rating of 88%. Djokovic is subjected to harsh treatment to deny him white privilege. If he is allowed in, it sets a bad precedent for boat people from Indonesia who have been treated so harshly by the Australian government. Djokovic is expected to be deported once all legal challenges have been exhausted.

In a statement, Serbian embassy first secretary Ivana Isidorovic told Daily Mail Australia: 'Novak Djoković, since he is a citizen of Serbia, has the right to consular protection like any of our citizens – at the same time, Djokovic, as our most recognizable representative in the world, is the holder of a diplomatic passport, which should, in diplomatic theory and consular practice, guarantee him adequate treatment when crossing borders.

'Although the fact is that he is the best tennis player in the world, Serbia doesn’t expect any preferential treatment of Novak Djoković, but an adequate, professional approach of foreign authorities, which we are obliged to provide to every holder of our travel document.

'On the other hand, we do not expect that, because of his status as the best, he will be subjected to a particularly harsh treatment in order to serve as an example to others, just because of his popularity.'
ThirdTerm wrote: Djokovic is subjected to harsh treatment to deny him white privilege. If he is allowed in, it sets a bad precedent for boat people from Indonesia who have been treated so harshly by the Australian government. Djokovic is expected to be deported once all legal challenges have been exhausted.

Actually it's because of racism he's being railroaded. Most Australians are pretty stupid and blatantly racist when it comes to Russians and ethnicities from eastern Europe. Same as some "Rachel Maddow" Americans are.

And it also gives the Indonesian boat people hope, because the immigration hotel and it's cockroach infested conditions are now in the public eye. So hopefully that will result in improvements in the accommodation set aside for them. Djokovic has helped raised awareness of how shitty the hotel and temporary accommodation actually are.
colliric wrote:https://twitter.com/Ro_Smith/status/1482251692028862469?t=PkyX6yVilaWXxk88ywxGow&s=19

Looks like he's going to win again I suspect. Federal Minister should not have the singular power to arbitrary overturn court decisions like that.

I wasn't even aware that stupid relic of the War On Terror era was still in effect.

On What basis?

It says at the discretion of the minister. If This case is over turned many hundreds of others will be suspect. It's overturning the law not just the decision.

It;s bad law. I agree. But it's big step with conequences. The only difference between this and other cases is this person had money,
I like Djokovic because he does not care what others think. But I think he is being stupid about so adamantly refusing the vaccine and stirring up all this drama. It is ok to say NO but he is just being too vocal. He is one of the least favored tennis players and he knows it. He is not helping his image any, he might be making his image worse actually. I hope someday he realizes his stupidity and refrains from being so open with his opinions and statements. Sometimes, a public figure just needs to be silent and focus on his/her career. Any industry has its politics and often we have to keep our mouths shut and try to do our job to survive.
He's got fuck you money and fuck you tennis skills (best player on earth no contest) he can be as loud and obnoxious as he likes.

I like a celebrity athlete with some gumption and independence. I'm so tired of them towing the normie/corporate line.

Russianbear wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCpp715d280

Are you Aussie Cossack?
Sometimes I wonder if the whole point of this shit is the SJW bullshit totally planned in advance victory for Ash Barry and they're trying to rig it so he doesn't take the first in history double digit Aussie Open victories and overshadow her.

Wow, Feminism rules!

I mean if he loses thus appeal he's out for three years and locked at 9. What a fucking racist joke.

Yes Australians are that fucking racist. Trust me, I've lived here for 37 years as a half asian.

'How dare a Serbian be the first winner of 10! Lock him out of the contest for three years! Yay, Barty won, seee how good Aussies are! Let's publicize it as the Great Australian Female Victory". What a goddamn joke.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]