Djokovic exposes ethnic divisions in Australian society - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
Rugoz wrote::lol:

Country with reputation for being racist as hell, proves it on a global scale by banning the GOAT for three years for simply being "antivax hero"(literally their argument), it literally had nothing to do with his valid visa application at all.

Oh and the Barty segway is already well and truly underway in the msm here. (Not saying shouldn't win, but they're going to try to deflect to get some "local positive news").

Of course Pugsville will probably support this, but he's the only Aussie based user here that's presumably a fully white Australian. So his experience is different than mine. I'm only half asian, and I know how racist this country is and always will be.

He's literally been replaced with Ash Barty In the digital advertising already. Aussie-washed.
colliric wrote:Country with reputation for being racist as hell, proves it on a global scale by banning the GOAT for three years for simply being "antivax hero"(literally their argument), it literally had nothing to do with his valid visa application at all.

Oh and the Barty segway is already well and truly underway in the msm here. (Not saying shouldn't win, but they're going to try to deflect to get some "local positive news").

Of course Pugsville will probably support this, but he's the only Aussie based user here that's presumably a fully white Australian. So his experience is different than mine. I'm only half asian, and I know how racist this country is and always will be.

He's literally been replaced with Ash Barty In the digital advertising already. Aussie-washed.

I'm more a pox on all their houses. I donlt think anyone acted decently in teh whole thing. Tennis Australia, Vic Government, Fed Government or Djokovic.

I'm pretty well aware how racist this country is.
This topic shows that our local Trumpeters who are also anti-vaxxers usually don't stand for equality Infront of the law and don't particularly care about the rich and powerful being able to cheat the rules. So that is mostly a lie on their part when they say they do.

Good on Australia for making sure laws apply to all.
JohnRawls wrote:Good on Australia for making sure laws apply to all.

His visa was cancelled because as the government themselves argued "he could become a hero for the anti-vaccine movement" and had next to nothing to do with the legality of his actual visa application.

So no, they were playing politics. It had nothing to do with the law. He has also been arbitrarily barred from returning to the country for 3 years.
Last edited by colliric on 16 Jan 2022 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Igor Antunov wrote:

Are you Aussie Cossack?

He's said he's Chinese, you can connect the dots on why he calls himself RussianBear. He'd rather Russians get the rap for his posting behaviour than the Chinese.

John Rawls wrote:Good on Australia for making sure laws apply to all.

This is utterly ridiculous.

Australia has ridiculed itself once again, several times the past couple of years.

When people say that "liberal hypocrisy beggars belief", they are quoting you John.
noemon wrote:He's said he's Chinese, you can connect the dots on why he calls himself RussianBear. He'd rather Russians get the rap for his posting behaviour than the Chinese.

This is utterly ridiculous.

Australia has ridiculed itself once again, several times the past couple of years.

When people say that "liberal hypocrisy beggars belief", they are quoting you John.

Yeah, lets enter a country while being Covid positive and not following isolation rules while lying on your PCR test. While I wasn't closely following the news on this and might be misunderstanding what happened, this was the case right? So what do you expect to happen in this case to his Visa?
No that is not the case dude.

You should perhaps educate yourself on the case before you make such ridiculous statements.

Djokovic was exempt from being vaccinated because he had recently gone through Covid as per Australian law, his test were negative and his visa approved.

It was cancelled by dictat just because.
noemon wrote:No that is not the case dude.

You should perhaps educate yourself on the case before you make such ridiculous statements.

Djokovic was exempt from being vaccinated because he had recently gone through Covid as per Australian law, his test were negative and his visa approved.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... d-positive

https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pacifi ... his-mother

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/ten ... 91322.html

The situation is pretty weird. But since he admitted to lying in the visa papers then this falls under "Play stupid games, win stupid prises" category. One way or the other, he is responsible. By the looks of it he either didn't fucking care about the rules or just outright tried to falsify information to subvert the rules.
Not weird at all.

Australia grants Djokovic a visa, then he gets arrested at the airport and thrown in prison despite his visa being in order. An Australian Judge deems his visa valid and he gets released from prison and then the Australian government cancel it again, by alleging that he did not tick a box right.

Good thing we all now know never to visit Australia and to never take our Australian visa for granted.
noemon wrote:Not weird at all.

Australia grants Djokovic a visa, then he gets arrested at the airport and thrown in prison despite his visa being in order. An Australian Judge deems his visa valid and he gets released from prison and then the Australian government cancel it again, by alleging that he did not tick a box right.

Good thing we all now know never to visit Australia and to never take our Australian visa for granted.

Your idea is that Djokovic did nothing wrong, well I think that he did. Difference in opinion I guess.
Djokovic was granted a visa and then arrested and imprisoned despite having a valid visa, a judge deemed his visa valid for a second time and the Australian government cancelled it a second time deeming Djokovic's presence in the country as "a threat to the public interest".

:knife: :lol:

Instead of hating on Djokovic for disliking his character, your focus should be on the utterly disgusting behavior of the Australian government.
I know people who have been denied entry at Heathrow despite having a valid visa and when applying for a UK visa you get told that the UK reserves the right to deny you entry even after granting you a visa. I'm not aware of anyone being detained and treated like a criminal for arriving with a valid visa in their passport. If the Ozzy gov't didn't want Djokovic in the country they could have sent him away and put him on the next flight home. They detained him because they are dickheads.
noemon wrote:Djokovic was granted a visa and then arrested and imprisoned despite having a valid visa, a judge deemed his visa valid for a second time and the Australian government cancelled it a second time deeming Djokovic's presence in the country as "a threat to the public interest".

:knife: :lol:

Instead of hating on Djokovic for disliking his character, your focus should be on the utterly disgusting behavior of the Australian government.

He lied on his immigration forms. You can't just commit immigration fraud without punishment especially when you haven't been vaxxed and recently had the disease and may have still had it. The guy is a bitch. Bye bitch. Everyone who lies to customs/immigration should get a 1-way ticket back home and their file flagged. His celebrity didn't save him this time, boo hoo to the guy.
AFAIK wrote:I know people who have been denied entry at Heathrow despite having a valid visa and when applying for a UK visa you get told that the UK reserves the right to deny you entry even after granting you a visa. I'm not aware of anyone being detained and treated like a criminal for arriving with a valid visa in their passport. If the Ozzy gov't didn't want Djokovic in the country they could have sent him away and put him on the next flight home. They detained him because they are dickheads.

Maybe they gave him a choice between detention and deportation? Not sure.
noemon wrote:Not weird at all.

I like the Aussies, they don't mess around. If he didn't lie he would have been fine, and would all of us. He has no right to a visa, he has no right to enter the country. He knew what he was doing and he got caught.
noemon wrote:No that is not the case dude.

Not "just because". He committed immigration fraud. He lied so it would be easier to get into the country and didn't have to answer other questions by customs. He got caught. There's a pandemic disease spreading like wildfire, there's no room for this nonsense. Being a tennis star doesn't make him special. They probably deny people who do this all the time. If he wanted to play tennis he should have filled out the forms honestly. What other motivations could the Aussie gov have?
Rugoz wrote:You can only enter with visa AND being fully vaccinated. Otherwise you need a 'medical exemption', which Djokovic didn't have.

I think it's silly but that's how it is for everybody.

Yes he did. On the basis of having had covid recently he was essentially vaccinated via natural immunity. That both EU and US policy - formerly covid positive unvaccinated are not encouraged to get vaccinated because the adverse reactions are higher and natural immunity confers much greater immune protection.

His visa was found to be in order, it was reinstated. Then politics kicked in.

In fact a couple of other players and many tennis staff had the exact same thing- unvaccinated exceptions due to natural immunity. They were let in without issue. They deported him for his personal views, that's it.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]