Australia hosting 2026 Commonwealth Games and 2032 Olympic Games. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
Yeah, we're fucked.....

We'll be in debt for decades.

At least we'll have 4 weeks of overpriced sporting events.

Melbourne is the only official bidder left for the Commonwealth Games so we definitely got it. And you all know about Brisbane already.

I'm sure it'll be fun, but the hosting bills are getting too much for these two events.
I thought this was what you wanted. Weren't you just complaining about how Canada could ruin your chances to get the Olympic Games? :lol:

Congrats on getting the Commonwealth Games. I saw them in my home town of Edmonton in 1978. We got some really great sports facilities from them. The Commonwealth Pool was brilliant!
Godstud wrote:I thought this was what you wanted. Weren't you just whinging about how Canada could ruin your chances to get the Olympic Games? :lol:

We don't want the damn massive bill. The last Aussie Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast 2018 wasn't as successful as the 2006 Melbourne effort. And these games have only half the preparation time than normal due to such a delayed decision.

But as I said before, we're the only country that's got most of the sporting infrastructure already required to host them at such short notice. So I guess it's give it to Australia or we have to cancel the event.
So then they have the Olympics in another country. No big deal, if it's only gonna hurt your economy.

As I already have said a great many times: All the countries should donate to permanent Olympic sites in Greece. It'd be more historic and they wouldn't have to bankrupt so many places.
Godstud wrote:So then they have the Olympics in another country. No big deal, if it's only gonna hurt your economy.

As I already have said a great many times: All the countries should donate to permanent Olympic sites in Greece. It'd be more historic and they wouldn't have to bankrupt so many places.

It should be restricted to amateurs, no torch relay, no medals, just use existing infrastructure, it should all be telecast free. Nothing related to teh olypics should be sold for money.

Take the money out of it.
I agree, but then that's almost impossible, given the competitive nature of all our stupid nations.

Instead of celebrating human excellence(sans PEDs), it's simply a way to wave the flag of <insert country here>. :hmm:
I think it's a bit absurd to host Winter Olympics in Beijing. Not exactly a cold city.

From what I've heard this Winter Olympics used the most man-made snow in the history of the Winter Olympics.

How about just hold it in COLDER CLIMATES and have the SUMMER OLYMPICS in hotter climates.
colliric wrote:I think it's a bit absurd to host Winter Olympics in Beijing. Not exactly a cold city.

The fuck are you on about?

They even had postponed events because it was too cold. :eh:

The average temperature for February in Beijing is -1.1 Celsius.

Other Winter Olympic sites?

2026 - Milan - +4.7 Celsius.
2018 - Pyongyang - -4.6 Celsius
2014 - Salzburg - +5.4 Celsius
2010 - Vancouver - +4.8 Celsius
2006 - Turin - +4.6 Celsisus
2002 - Salt Lake City - +1.2 Celsius

So really, it's the second coldest site in 25 years.

The sheer confidence with which you say such BS is just amazing - if it only were limited to the unimportant like the mean temperature of a Chinese city it'd be one thing, but its really a habit for you.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The Pentagon is notoriously famous for not findin[…]

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]