Morrison secret sworn in as a number of Minitseries in addition to Prime Minister - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
Revelations have come out that the Former PM Scott Morrison was secretly sworn in as minister, to health, fiance treasury and industry portfolios.

On the Face of it an outrageous action clearly breaking the west minister system how can a secret minister be responsible to parliament? How can two ministers simultaneous wield ministerial discretion?

Allegedly a covid back up measure, powers were use in the industry portfolio to cancel projects to appeal to voters during the election/

The Governor-General signed off on all this. Morrison was finished in politics anyway I expect him resign soon.
But it could also claim the Governor General who should have at the very least published the appointments.

If this was legitimate covid measure why was it not done publicly? The overruling of development projects certainly had nothing to do with Covid.
pugsville wrote:Today he says he may been sworn in with other powers under various acts but he does not recall....

Well not publications of appointments , no paper trail, just what sort of hick dictatorship was Morrison running?

So the ruling elite of a nation founded as a penal colony are behaving like habitual criminals…? *gasp!* :eek:
ness31 wrote:Meh, Emergency Powers. Of all the stuff we’ve witnessed, the PM taking on additional duties is where we draw the line? Beat up if I ever saw one.

It is the secrecy. How can a secret minister be held accountable to parliament?

Who is actually making the decisions the public minister or someone secretly sworn in?

Fundamentally compromises the west minister system.
Maybe he did it just for observational purposes? Instead of looking at it as secretive, maybe view it as being discrete? I don’t know. I don’t really care. I care more about the fact that we’re all still in a State of Emergency :|
ness31 wrote:Maybe he did it just for observational purposes? Instead of looking at it as secretive, maybe view it as being discrete? I don’t know. I don’t really care. I care more about the fact that we’re all still in a State of Emergency :|

You do not need ministerial powers to observe. This were his party colleagues, people he appointed, working in government. It was his government.

Appointments of Ministers is public action. Secretary appointing minster fundamentally undermines the whole system.

You want to talk about something else start another thread.
You do not need ministerial powers to observe. This were his party colleagues, people he appointed, working in government. It was his government.

Well, it was an extraordinary time apparently, much of which we still don’t understand. The fact that Morrison vetoed a gas permit sounds almost heroic :)

https://i.imgur.com/s5FB2UU.png

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]