Admin Disclaimer and Posting Guidelines-Read Before Playing! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Prologue:

The PoFo Parlimentary Simulation has arisen more out of a sense of fun and spotanaity than anything else. Arbiter Azariah should receive credit for the initial idea, but all users who have been participating have made it what it has become. If you are a newbie or just someone who likes the idea of getting a small taste of actual political jostling or behind-the-scenes wheel-dealing, you may find some amusement in your own participation.

I think in the spirit of the thread, should you wish to participate, that it would be courtesous to request/claim a spot in one of the existing parties or list the positions you feel best represent a party of your own making.

*Be aware, this is ALL unoffical!. Should one party or the other win an election, the prize is simply an "attaboy/girl". The elections have nothing whatsoever to do with PoFo administrator or modship positions and should never be considered to lead to anything more than perhaps a little extra popularity among the userbase. I want to be clear that any "Laws" that are passed, should the similation reach a point where there is a ruling coalition, have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the administration of the forum, nor any of it's rules or governing principles!

For instance: The PUC wins an election and passes a law (for whatever reason) that repeals forum rule #2. This would mean absolutely nothing. It would not be binding on Siberian Fox, nor any other admin or moderator, and would probably try their patience more than anything.

The simulation should all be taken with a grain of salt, it's likely that it will die as sudden a death as it's birth, once the novelty wears off.

As always, obey ALL forum rules, most importantly BE COURTEOUS to all other users while enjoying (or reading) the posts.

Note- if you don't wish to participate, and simply continue to post off-topic spam in this temporary subforum, you run the risk of your posts being deleted without notice. While this is still an off-topic forum, in order to maximize enjoyment of the simulation by all participants and by-standers, a slightly higher standard than normal Gorkiy-level nonsense will be observed. It won't be heavy handed, but it will be more strict than usual. Again, DO NOT go to the basement or bother the admin with ANY concern regarding the simulation. This is a spontaneous simulation that the userbase themselves are undertaking. If there is some aspect of it you don't care for, please feel free to ignore the whole thing and not particpate.

Of further note- I can't stress enough that the admin have this entire sim on a short leash. Take note of the points below and consider them gosphel no matter how athiest you are.

-At no time should the events in the sim, the relationships, or the outcomes bleed over into other parts of the forum
    -New users should not be recruited simply to play the sim, nor should the sim be exported outside the forum
    -You play the sim "at your own risk". If an event occurs or you have a dispute with another user, you can pm me but I'm going to tell you to work it out yourselves or alternatively I will delete it all. If you go to the basement with ANY complaints the admin are as likely to delete the entire sim as they are to put up with much nonsense.
    -Other points will be added shortly.

In case anyone is doubting how Siberian Fox feels about this sim, I will quote some of his response to me in a question I had for him:

Siberian Fox wrote: I have got serious reservations about the whole thing... you guys really have to keep the forum under control. Buy which I mean, it must be kept strictly confined within that forum, no 'spin-off' websites leeching off the board. I don't wish to see a situation whereby whenever a new member joins PoFo the first thing that happens to them is that they are bombarded with requests to join other websites for an RPG, that not what PoFo is for. It will damage the credibility of the site and stop people joining this board.

This is his prediction for how this will end up:

Siberian Fox wrote:Eventually a group will get so wound up in the whole thing, so unable to take things as a bit of fun, that they will 'break away' in their disillusionment and set up their own website for their own 'country' where they can do their own thing. At that point the line of not getting PoFo involved with other websites will be crossed, as they try to get users to go to 'their country' and I'll probably have to pull the plug on the whole thing. [/crystal ball]

I probably shouldn't have let it get this far. Rather silly of me really, to think that people will be sensible.

DO NOT let this happen.
So help me help us to keep this going by simply having fun and showing Fox that we are all responsible enough to handle this simulation in a way that will enchance the board as opposed to wrecking it. All user cooperation in all moderating matters is much appreciated by all!
By Demosthenes
Guidelines For Posting in This Sub-Forum:

In order to make the sim have a little more integrity, it is possible to lay some modding rules down for me (and any other OT mods that happen along if they want to mess with it) to follow in order to smooth the sim a little.

When you post a new topic, if you'd like to limit who can reply to it place a label along with it in parenthesis like this:

SN-RF-CA Conciliation Talks (PLO)
This will indicate to me that the above parties are in talks with one another, and the tag will let me know to delete any replies by anyone other than party leaders. (PLO) Party Leaders Only.

Some parties may begin to designate specific party members to negotiate certain deals. For whatever reason they may wish for these discussions to be closed to other users. (Certainly many deals may occur in backrooms anyway, but some may be public).
For these I propose a tag that might look like this: (SN-CA)[DN] This tag would mean that the SN and CA have Designated Negotiators in the thread and only those users should post in it.

Other combinations include:

(VT) = Voting thread. (Only voting posts, all others deleted)
(Fill in party name) = Only that party may post. All others deleted.
(MD) = Meta Discussion (A thread for discussion of "outside the game" rules and whatnot) This just indicates that the discussion is about "outside the game parameters" and all other posts should be deleted.
(ND) = No Discussion (Newspaper threads, Biographies, etc...)

New codes that users submit can be posted here. or you can pm me, and I will add them to this first post. Essentially anything is acceptable as long as I know what the code stands for.

Note- Not all threads should have this label so don't abuse it, please. Some threads that are party matters aren't hurt by outside discussion, please keep that in mind. Again...AFAIK, I'm the only mod we have for this, so don't overwork me, I wanna fight with you too!

There is no evidence whatsoever that the IDF and I[…]

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]

The US government does not care about the ongoing […]

I would also say that the extreme Left can be j[…]