CA-SLD Economic Conciliation Talks (IMPORTANT!) - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
I think the spirit of Manuel lurks somewhere close.

:p

Of course, we want a government to be formed out of this parliament. A government true to the good people of PoFo…

Oh, that's interesting. I thought that "true to the ... people of PoFo" meant respecting their wishes as to who they voted for. I believe that the centrists were voted in with 52% of the vote as you say, so it seems to me that we are as true to the people of PoFo as you are.

We believe such a government cannot be formed while sheltering fascist elements within. And, it is our right to phrase this concern.

Yeah, but you should do it in your own thread, because this kind of thing just makes you guys seem like asses.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
Does Donald really identify as both gay and fascist?
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Does Donald really identify as both gay and fascist?

He is gay, but I believe he's an ex-fascist.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
But he was still fascist for a while after coming out?
By Vanasalus
I believe that the centrists were voted in with 52% of the vote as you say, so it seems to me that we are as true to the people of PoFo as you are.

Portraying totality of those 4 parties, currently negotiating a coalition, as "centrist" or "mainstream", must be the charade of the week.

By the way, who is distributing/confirming such adjectives so easily around?
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Portraying totality of those 4 parties, currently negotiating a coalition, as "centrist" or "mainstream", must be the charade of the week.

How so? The people that voted for those parties knew they were voting for predominantly centrist parties. The people that didn't like the direction those parties were going left. In fact, that's how your party came to be. If anything I'd say the democratic process has worked perfectly.

By the way, who is distributing/confirming such adjectives so easily around?

Yeah like I'm going to take my cues about being a centrist from a member of a party negotiating with the SN/RF, a far left coalition. Do you believe you are the true centrist party?
By Karl_Bonner_1982
Cheesecake_Marmalade wrote:Portraying totality of those 4 parties, currently negotiating a coalition, as "centrist" or "mainstream", must be the charade of the week.

Ummm...well we're not exactly all centrists. Dan believes in a small government and Gnote in a behemoth one. But compared to LC on the uber-right and RN/SL on the left, we're about as centrist as you can get while holding a majority together. At least now that the #%*!& THP is sitting on the sidelines...

By Vanasalus
Yeah like I'm going to take my cues about being a centrist from a member of a party negotiating with the SN/RF, a far left coalition. Do you believe you are the true centrist party?

We are the party of free people honoring freewill in every aspect.

To the possible SN-RF negotiations: I am just a member of my party and I can speak only for myself:

In order to block browns from getting into government, I am ready to sleep with reds.

Ummm...well we're not exactly all centrists.

Go and educate Chesecake about it. ;)
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
We are the party of free people honoring freewill in every aspect.

So you're the party of meaningless feel good phrases? Gotchya.

In order to block browns from getting into government, I am ready to sleep with reds.

Ok good so we've established that you're a far left party and thus have no reason to be interfering with centrist coalition negotiations.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
I think my little diagram above is education enough.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
Vanasalus wrote:In order to block browns from getting into government, I am ready to sleep with reds.

I am trying to block browns AND reds AND Ayn Rand fanatics.
By Vanasalus
Ok good so we've established that you're a far left party and thus have no reason to be interfering with centrist coalition negotiations.

Fighting against fascism is the common denominator for everyone who claims to be a human being.

The rest is political blabbering of Cheesecake to divert attention toward something irrelevant.

I think my little diagram above is education enough.

For those, who can see and understand.
By Donna
I believe he's an ex-fascist.

To be honest, I'm not really anything anymore. Politics is bullshit, and politicians occupy a chasm in hell right next to child molesters. I realized that on an acid trip.

That's off the record, btw.
By Dan
I hope the PNL is prepared to attack Dan with the fervor it attacked me for my so-called 'unreasonable' demands. Dan has a party of 7, and is basically trying to set the coalition platform himself.

I haven't been unreasonable; I haven't even made a demand yet. I have simply said a few things the CA is not willing to support, and even there I've been willing to negotiate.

You, on the other hand, made a list of crazed, extreme demands right off the hop, that were more extreme then your parties original platform, when you're not even your party leader.

But anyway, this discussion is kinda pointless until the other leaders show up in the leader's thread.
By Dr House
Gnote wrote:I hope the PNL is prepared to attack Dan with the fervor it attacked me for my so-called 'unreasonable' demands. Dan has a party of 7, and is basically trying to set the coalition platform himself.

A) He made no demands yet. He only set a limit on some proposals. I will make it clear however, that while we're willing to meet him halfway he is the leader of the junior coalition partner, so since he stands at the right end he's gonna have to give more ground. Same goes to you.

B) your proposal wasn't so-called unreasonable. It was unreasonable. The government could not possibly afford your initial GMI demand unless the private sector was abolished. And that of course is assuming that the government can handle a centrally planned economy well enough to maintain a national income above $25k per capita, which the Soviet example shows is not likely. :lol:
By Falx
I believe that the centrists were voted in with 52% of the vote as you say

Yes the CA and the PNL are centrist :lol:
Really that makes about as much sense as where Donald voted.

Also are you still proud of your great leader seeing as he's been spamming the forum with actual spam?
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=104401
By Dan
Yes the CA and the PNL are centrist :lol:

The CA is centre-right, so, although it is not fully accurate, centrist would not be inaccurate.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
By the standards of the median voter, our 4-party coalition is actually slightly to the right of centre after excluding THP and POP from the ideological spectrum. However that is only because the number of radical leftists far exceeds the number of libertarians. With a more ideologically realistic distribution we would probably have only about 10 percent left radicals and far more centre-rightists, with the median lying somewhere in the PUC or the PNL rather than the moderate SLDs.

I'm not referring to the U of A specifically. […]

I fear your analytical abilities are terrible. An[…]

bad news for Moscow impelrism , Welcome home […]

I think that the wariness of many scientists to p[…]