Vote for the PM (SLD/PNL/PUC/CA) only. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Dave
Oxy and C_M, you are not being particularly diplomatic and are antagonizing the situation.
By Ombrageux
This 'conflict' is rather ridiculous. This thread is about the Prime Minister, not at this point an issue, this is discord for discord's sake!
By Infidelis
Dave wrote:Oxy and C_M, you are not being particularly diplomatic and are antagonizing the situation.

No doubt...

Ox, I want to work with you and PNL, but I gotta say, every time I see "SLD" in your post, there's a negative context to it. That makes me want to work with you.

As I posted in the SLD thread, we need to get the big picture, agree on that and from there, argue our points when proposals are put forth. We're separate parties. We're supposed to have separate policies, but we have a similar view of how the Democratic United Republic of Poforealia (DURP? ...just trying it out.) will look like.
By Oxymoron
I am sorry if I was a bit antagonzing, but the negotiations have been going rather badly and it upset me I didnt kill for this nation only to see it dragged into civil strife and possible war.
This should not be a contest at this stage, rather a discussion in good faight about coming together on what we have in common. So lets start with a fair way to create a coalition with out such strong preconditions as was put forward prior.
By Donna
This thread is a bit premature. I was under the impression that coalition leaders would discuss the creation of a cabinet when a government has been agreed upon.

I do however echo Oxy's concerns about the polarity of this election. Parties are being too strict in their demands and appear to be completely ignoring the necessity to form a government soon. There seems to be this mentality that any kind of government is possible when really, there are only a few possible coalition outcomes. The only party that has shown willingness to make major concessions for the greater good of the country has been the fascists. I think they'll come out stronger next election just for rejecting this partisan drama.
By Dave
The PNL has been very flexible and pragmatic, despite the injudicious statements of some of our members. It is largely the SLD, or rather a minority faction of the SLD, which has been too strict. We stand ready to immediately negotiate the cabinet and a general agenda for the coalition government. However, the leaders of the other parties in the coalition are not available at this time.
By Gnote
What is too strict about the last GMI proposal I put forth?
By Dave
I make no particular criticism of your last GMI proposal, Gnote, which was reasonable and well thought out. I commend you on your good work on that front. However, I feel that at times, in your zeal for building a just society (or fictional society ;)), you have been too hasty to dismiss some of the concerns of your potential coalition partners. While this is understandable and even noble, it does tend to complicate negotiations, especially since some persons in the other parties too share a strong desire to build a just society, but may foresee different paths to that end. When these visions clash, a necessary moderation is the temperance of social vision in pursuit of the ultimate goal.
Last edited by Dave on 16 Apr 2009 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
By Donna
The PNL has been very flexible and pragmatic, despite the injudicious statements of some of our members. It is largely the SLD, or rather a minority faction of the SLD, which has been too strict. We stand ready to immediately negotiate the cabinet and a general agenda for the coalition government. However, the leaders of the other parties in the coalition are not available at this time.

The SLD appears to have little discipline at all. Paradigm needs to step up, declare the party what it is and make decisions in the interests of the party with the assumption that the rest of SLD will trust his decisions. If people defect, that's the natural maturation the party will need to grow.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
As much as I admire Paradigm, the chair of our party, I'm beginning to wonder whether a blue-green-yellow-orange coalition (green = PNL, yellow = PUC, with the rainbow spectrum corresponding to the left-right economic spectrum) wouldn't be better served if the PM came from one of the two middle parties, which would mean either Nets or Dave. I think there might be too much resentment and divisiveness if the PM came from one of the sides of the coalition's ideological range. Though I guess Angela Merkel was pretty solidly to the right of the German centre and her grand coalition turned out reasonably well.

Since the PUC is my nearest neighbor I'd be tempted to vote for Nets if I decided on this strategy. But I do think Paradigm would also be a great PM - if only the SLD were in the middle of the coalition instead of the edge! Heck, if Dr. House were a candidate I'd consider voting for him since his approach to policy making is really smart. The Karl Bonner of 9 months ago would be shocked if he saw me praising House for his common-sense economic ideas. I remember the good old days far too well.. 8)

The bills at hand are actually two different bills[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

People who are mad at Nuland will have various ag[…]

BRICS will fail

Rupees or dollars or euros. BRICS is kind of a jo[…]

No one wins.