Offical PoP Party Thread (Members Only) - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Figlio di Moros
Rojik of the Arctic wrote:I understand this is breaking the members only rule and will be deleted but I can't find the rules. However, I wish to join this enlightened and intelligent party. I'm not sure what I can offer apart from blind loyalty and unthinking devotion but I hope you will consider me. Please PM me to advise if I am / aren't out of line for asking this.

You may join us... *extends hand and waits for you to kiss the ring*

:lol: We're not a party of blind loyalty or unthinking devotion; while you're more than welcome to join us, we do ask for involvement. If you'd be inclined to state your opinion on any matter we've mentioned, we'd welcome it.
By Rojik of the Arctic
^ My blind loyalty doesn't extend to ring kissing. :eek: But I am happy to join and am very happy with the platform.

All power to the PoP.
By Figlio di Moros
Welcome back, Fasces. I'm sure you're aware the Marxists have gained power?
By Fasces
Indeed. It was to be expected. We can only hope to gain from the elections as time goes on. One of us should contact Nikkolas and ask him to join.
By Figlio di Moros
Fasces wrote:Indeed. It was to be expected. We can only hope to gain from the elections as time goes on. One of us should contact Nikkolas and ask him to join.

He has only six posts; I'll be more than glad to contact him after he posts more and can actually join the game.

On to more policy based issues, we've not been very active in the parlimentary system; we need to gain more recognition and respect among our peers. The marxists are suggesting buying ships from the Russians to re-fit a smaller Navy; I'd suggest discuss increasing national wealth through military spending. With shipbuilding being one of our main agencies, creating a larger, more applicable Navy could stimulate that industry. Furthermore, the cost of rebuilding our infrastructure would be much cheaper if we utilized CB's instead of paying civilian construction workers. Do you think we ought to start drafting such a bill, or should we support a smaller, leaner and more elite military now and work towards more seats next election, where we can expand our military further?
By Fasces
It depends on the priority of the navy. A defensive fleet would best revolve around the extensive use of submarines, and easily deployable sea mines. An offensive navy is impractical, and not worth the time, money, or effort to build and maintain.

Especially aircraft carriers.

Bah, I am tired. This post probably makes no sense. The gist is we should support a small elite professional military, built for defensive purposes, with support for nation-wide people's militias, that can be activated in times of emergency.
By Rojik of the Arctic
I agree that wherever possible we should build our own naval units rather than rely on purchasing them from foreign countries. This will help employment, raise the nations skills base and possibly lead to an export market. A defensive fleet would be the best IMO for the reasons listed in the above post.
By Fasces
All PoP members are instructed to vote for the 'Marijuana Party' in protest of this charade.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]