Election Watch - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By HoniSoit
I think it's better if we could post our comments about the election is a single thread rather than having them litter the subforum.

As of now, the PNL, SN-RF and THP are all going very strong. ;)
By Dr House
Zyx wrote:What's GMT-5?

You seriously don't know?
By Zyx
I meant like current time.

What's the current GMT, time.

Darn, I have to explain everything?

I'm slightly certain that it's my time, but just want to make sure without right clicking my timer in the corner.
By ingliz
7:00 CET
6:00 BST
5:00 GMT
Last edited by ingliz on 08 May 2009 07:06, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr House
Kumatto:

GMT -5 = Eastern Standard Time, or Central Daylight Time.
By ingliz
I think? But isn't 12 pm, Friday midnight and 12:01 am, Friday morning. I edited my last post to 07:00 CET but to be picky, he must have meant noon, it should be 19:00 CET.
Last edited by ingliz on 08 May 2009 12:56, edited 2 times in total.
By Zyx
Oh crud, now I am confused.

12:00pm is midnight or noon? Oh, it's midnight. Nvm.
By ingliz
Strictly 07:00 CET tomorrow, Saturday, but if he meant noon, 12:00 am, its 19:00 CET today, and if he meant 12:00 pm Thursday or 00:00 CET today that would be 07:00 CET or 7:00 am today.

Just in case I don't catch up to Dan before tomorrow at noon CDT (GMT-5).
Last edited by ingliz on 08 May 2009 09:47, edited 2 times in total.
By ingliz
United Popular Front (SN/RF)
By Falx
Could you guy's figure out what name you want to use? What you have now is very confusing.
By HoniSoit
I wonder what if former PUC members show up and find their party no longer exists. :eek:

I say it's a bad idea to dissolve PUC.
By Falx
Meh, some of them might care enough to re-start it. Seems like nets doesn't care enough to even register it as a running party though.
By HoniSoit
PUC started the game really well with people like Nets, Clausewitz and AA etc. they looked really strong as a party.

It all went down hill after the election. I had lots of sympathy for Donald who tried to single-handedly revitalise the PUC.

Another thing worth paying attention to is the clash of personality in the SLD. It got a few really talented and ambitious people but there is only one leader and that's the problem.
By dilpill
12:00pm is midnight or noon? Oh, it's midnight. Nvm.

No... It's noon. So, the official starting time for me is 1:00 PM EST-D. For UTC, it would be 5:00 PM.
By Falx
Another thing worth paying attention to is the clash of personality in the SLD. It got a few really talented and ambitious people but there is only one leader and that's the problem.

From the people who have voted so far for them I can't see much difference in the way of ideas and that they are a lot more to the left than they used to be. Also the SN-RF behemoth will probably force a few of the right wing parties to join up as well, probably the PNL and POP. Right now that single party has more votes than all the right combined.
By ingliz
No... It's noon. So, the official starting time for me is 1:00 PM EST-D. For UTC, it would be 5:00 PM.

It seems it can be either and depends on usage.
By HoniSoit
From the people who have voted so far for them I can't see much difference in the way of ideas and that they are a lot more to the left than they used to be.

Well, we need to wait for more SLD voters to see which direction they are likely to go.

It's a common problem in the centrist parties like SLD (despite it officially being centre-left, it has been pushed to the right more than the liking of some of its own members) and PUC that they tend to be internally divided between members who learn to the left and those to the right. The more leftist and rightist parties are much more stable internally because of this - you see very little conflict within PoP, PNL, CA and SN-RF.

Also the SN-RF behemoth will probably force a few of the right wing parties to join up as well, probably the PNL and POP. Right now that single party has more votes than all the right combined.

That's a possibility. Though it's a lot harder than people imagine for a couple of parties to work together harmoniously. It's evident in all of the previous alliance discussions.

Trespass laws exist everywhere in Canada. If you[…]

World War II Day by Day

Legally dubious, but politically necessary. Not […]

Moldova has signed a security and defense pact wi[…]

Waiting for Starmer

All Tories are fuck-ups, whether they’re Blue or […]