Parliamentary Lobby (MPs Only) - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By ingliz
The vote on the Weights and Measures Bill opens in 20 minutes

Weights and Measures Bill
By ingliz
The voting thread for the arbitration bill is now open.

Thankyou
By ingliz
The vote on the Stabilisation Fund Bill opens shortly.

Thankyou
By ingliz
The vote on the Defence Procurement Bill opens shortly

Thankyou
By ingliz
The voting thread for the Internal Affairs Bill is now open.

Please Vote

Thankyou
By Andres
Why has the Prime Minister not shown his face more often around parliament. Maybe a Question Time should be instituted and force the PM to face this noble precinct.
By MB.
I agree. The silence of the PM is indicative of the weakness of the communist regime's legitimacy.
By ingliz
I am the Prime Minister, and I believe I have shown my face more than enough, but if you want to ask foolish questions that is up to you. Honi stepped down weeks ago.
By Andres
Honi stepped down weeks ago.
What? Where was this officially announced and why didn't this lead to the dissolution of parliament then?
By ingliz
It was officially announced here on June 2nd at 2:19 pm CET.

I am acting Prime Minister until Honi can take a more active role in the "game", some people have real lives to take care of, don't you know?

The internal affairs of the SN/RF are of no concern to anyone but the SN/RF but, as you are curious, it was agreed when our two parties fused that a former RF member would take on the duties of PM. I am joint deputy leader of the UPF, I was the joint deputy leader of the SN/RF parliamentary coalition representing the now defunct RF, so the burden naturally falls to me.

Technically Honi is still PM but why would a change in party leadership lead to the dissolution of Parliament? We still have the confidence of the House.

Votes cast - 111 For the Government: 23 votes Against

ps. The SN/RF is 'officially' the UPF but the old label sticks.
Last edited by ingliz on 20 Jun 2009 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
By MB.
All we have to do is defeat one of your motions to force the calling of an election.
By ingliz
No, you are wrong there , Sorry. Clause 1(d) of the interim document offers a sitting "minority" government certain protections. If you read the document you will see stability was a concern to the founders of our state. Not surprising, really, given its turbulent beginnings.
Last edited by ingliz on 20 Jun 2009 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
By Andres
ingliz wrote:The internal affairs of the SN/RF are of no concern to anyone but the SN/RF
Of course who the head of government is is of concern to people outside of the SN/RF. As it is now, the game almost boils down to you playing by yourself.
By ingliz
I am the Minister for Labour and Industrial Affairs, one of my many 'hats', and we are a Labour Party, of course, a substantial amount of the legislation we introduce will deal with Labour matters.

There are only two people, constitutionally, who can introduce it, the PM and the Labour Affairs Minister, I happen to be both.

You were complaining the PM was doing too little, now too much, which is it?
By Andres
You were complaining the PM was doing too little, now too much, which is it?
Don't play obtuse. The complaint was not that you were doing too little, but that you were doing too much. Basically it has become you playing with yourself with only special appearances by others. Just think about it, you are now the prime minister, the clerk of the house, and the labour minister.
By ingliz
you are now the prime minister, the clerk of the house, and the labour minister

And Deputy Speaker now Demo is tied up.

Are you complaining that I do not carry out my duties as an Officer of the House impartially?

Have my rulings as Deputy Speaker been perverse?

My counting of votes corrupt?

Can the PM not have responsibility for a ministerial portfolio?
Last edited by ingliz on 20 Jun 2009 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
By ingliz
How I ended up as Clerk of the House:

The constitution lays down that the Speaker, Deputy Speaker, and Clerk of the House are designated by the governing party. I was appointed Clerk of the House and Demo was the obvious choice for Speaker as besides being a party member he is also GM and has moderating powers. The post of Deputy Speaker was left vacant.

How I ended up as Deputy Speaker:

At the moment Demo is taken up with work in real life and cannot devote as much time as is needed to fulfil his duties as Speaker.

The main job of the Speaker, not counting keeping order, is to cast the deciding vote in the case of a tie. There is no discretion in this if a vote is tied the Speaker votes with the government. As I already counted the votes, and the Speaker's vote is a formality, it seemed silly to give the job to someone else.

I have only ever made one "ruling" as Deputy Speaker, MB decided to speak on the floor of the House when he was not an MP, Demo agreed that ruling was correct.

The Speaker only makes rulings on the floor of the House, the floor of the House is a pretty civilised place, the GM keeps order elsewhere.

How I ended up as Prime Minister:

As to the acting PM's job. The internal rules of the UPF decided that.

How I ended up as Labour Minister:

You know all parties lack active membership, even the UPF, so as one of the more active members a portfolio was a given.

Basically it has become you playing with yourself with only special appearances by others.

Is it my fault the game is dead? Five bills have been proposed in committee with not one reply, they went straight to a vote (The Government has only introduced twelve). :lol:

@Rugoz Why does wanting America taken down a p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

litwin doesn't know this. What litwin knows is: […]

I am not lying, you are part of the group providin[…]

I know what it means, some of us play in the real[…]