Parliamentary Lobby (MPs Only) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Zyx
Code: Select allMeet and greet, MPs.

Sit around in the chair and get updates and links from Parliamentary happenings.

All In Character.

*looks to the left of the Parliament, looks for his name and plops heavily into the chair.*

Comfy.

*gets up to see what discussions are being had in the Parliament.*
By Dr House
Nice seeing you here this afternoon Kumatto.

*takes his seat, puts feet up, waits for everyone else to arrive*
Last edited by Dr House on 28 May 2009 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
By Figlio di Moros
Good to see you, Dr. House. *takes seat w/ a glass of mead and a marijuana cigarette*

So, no trannies planned for this afternoon, Kumatto?
By Zyx
*coughs*

Guys, I'm undercover.

*points to "Zyx" nameplate.*

How's Frodo doing, Dr House?

Figlio, have you stopped beating your wife?

By the way, anyone interested in a subway proposal? Know of costs for eco-trains or whatever?
By Figlio di Moros
Zyx wrote:Figlio, have you stopped beating your wife?

:?: I've never married, nor intend to; you probably misheard when I was discussing the smut I gave the sticky pirate to. Don't worry, there's plenty of sluts and plenty of sick pranks to pull on them. Would you like some mead or some purp, "Zyx"?

Kumatto wrote:By the way, anyone interested in a subway proposal? Know of costs for eco-trains or whatever?

Very much so; I'm not sure of the cost of trains, but an efficient, cost-effective mass transit system would certainly benefit our economy, as well.
By Zyx
Figlio de gli moros, that question I asked, is famous.

I don't drink.

Also, it turns out that I miscalculated the costs of this project by a factor of 100. Before I propose it by Parliament, I'll run the numbers by the secretary of the Treasury.

Until a response, check out this map:

http://www.zagadka.net/pofo/republicpofo2-rail.png
By Figlio di Moros
Two problems-

1) I thought we were discussing city-wide subway systems.

2) Most of those lines go to the middle of nowhere... how are we gonna continually provide for an underserviced system?
By Thunderhawk
*walks in, looks around*

*notices that the Pagan celebratory material is not here*
*walks out*
By Dan
*Walks in, pours rye and coke, starts drinking*

So, things get pretty lonely in the CA caucus room, thought I'd hang around here.
By Voltaire
OK, so I am new to the whole Parliamentary PoFo thing, perhaps this is the wrong thread to make my first post. Anybody care to inform me how this all works? Besides directing me to the Guidline
By MistyTiger
*Enters the room and looks for a seat and then sits*

So what are we discussing?

Zyx, what kind of fuel will power the eco-trains?
By HoniSoit
*walks in*

Has a chat with MistyTiger about the cross-strait relations between Taiwan and the Mainland.

*walks out*
By Figlio di Moros
MistyTiger wrote:*Enters the room and looks for a seat and then sits*

So what are we discussing?

Zyx, what kind of fuel will power the eco-trains?

Electricity from a green plant, I imagine.
By Doomhammer
*Walks in and pours a glass of Scotch*

Evening all. Anything interesting going on?
By Vladimir
Evening all. Anything interesting going on?

No
By Demosthenes
*Walks in sinckers at all the drunks, nods around to friends*

*sits quietly in observance of the true method of power politics*
By Zyx
Figlio de gli moros wrote:Electricity from a green plant, I imagine.

Most probably.

A science paper I've read revealed that electric cars were as pollutant as fossil fuel cars, possibly more. Bewildered and unnerved for the punch, a knock out was delivered right to my chin: the electricity comes from coal power plants.

I don't think we have any green power plants. I would not mind constructing a Solar Wind Tower or two. Then again, that's probably out of our budget (though they are cheap.)

I'm talking to the Minister of the Treasury about how much finances I have for these rails and subways.

They're most likely electric.
By ingliz
The Promotion of Employment and Labour Institutions Act is up for debate in a "consultation" thread. If there is no response by Saturday it goes to the vote along with a Revenue Act which is not up for debate.
Last edited by ingliz on 28 May 2009 22:19, edited 2 times in total.
By Dave
What the hell are "eco-trains"?

At any rate we supposedly have extensive geothermal resources and thorium reserves, so generating electricity should be no problem. I would like to see a national magnetic levitation rail system.
By Zyx
I do declare MP ingliz, you should make a separate thread for the debating of Acts. That particular thread is very haphazardly organizes and discussions range considerably!

Dave, eco-train simply means eco-friendly. If magnetic levitation is affordable and eco-friendly, then it can be considered. Zagadka is the person to reach on this matter. Also, our budget needs to be considered. Don't want to end up in debt. :p

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]