censure MP Vladimir - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
User avatar
By Thunderhawk
#13067396
Vladimir wrote:Children are property of the nation


viewtopic.php?p=13067343#p13067343

Post captured.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/ ... perty2.jpg

bmp capture also available.


I move that MP Vladimir be censured by parliament for this comment.
I request his party also censure him.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that a man holding such a view should NOT be allowed to run any ministry, especially not one as powerfull and influential as the Internal affairds. He should therefore be removed from the IA minstry position.

Signed:
Thunderhawk, MP, THP.






Furthermore, I request a bill be created and put to vote recognizing all humans as i) people and that ii) humans fundamentally can never be owned.

Signed:
Thunderhawk, MP, THP
Last edited by Thunderhawk on 18 Jun 2009 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Zagadka
#13067403
Poorly worded, but I think the sentiment was that the nation has responsibility to create free and equal circumstances/opportunities for children, not that the parents don't have control.

I would strongly disapprove with a "state ownership" stance, but in most nations, the state does have the powers to enforce education and other standards.
User avatar
By Doomhammer
#13067410
The GM should be reformed into a Constitutional Court and should deal with this sort of thing.



Furthermore, I request a bill be created and put to vote recognizing all humans as i) people and that ii) humans fundamentally can never be owned.


Signed:
Thunderhawk, MP, THP
Doomhammer, MP, THP
Last edited by Doomhammer on 18 Jun 2009 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Dr House
#13067453
Zagadka wrote:Poorly worded, but I think the sentiment was that the nation has responsibility to create free and equal circumstances/opportunities for children, not that the parents don't have control.

Really? How do you draw that conclusion from the very concise statement "children are the property of the state"?
By Zyx
#13067474
Censuring the majority party, let alone a minister of said party, is unfounded.

Perhaps with ten signatures, one would consider such a motion.

I'll try to review Vladimir's words.

I read House wanted to kill teachers and gave up on the thread.

However, it's strange that killing teachers is better received than owning children. :hmm:

What a world we live in.
User avatar
By Zagadka
#13067478
Really? How do you draw that conclusion from the very concise statement "children are the property of the state"?

I draw it from context. If my perspective is wrong, then yes, I disagree with the statement.
User avatar
By Dr House
#13067479
Zyx wrote:I read House wanted to kill teachers and gave up on the thread.

However, it's strange that killing teachers is better received than owning children. :hmm:

I wasn't serious. Vlad was. ;)
User avatar
By Vladimir
#13067484
Thunderhawk You clearly did not understand what was meant by "nation" and “property” (although I admit I used ambiguous wording). How about rephrasing: “the education of the nation’s children is business of the nation”.
Now withdraw this ridiculous censure or we will have to censure you instead.
User avatar
By MistyTiger
#13067561
Vlad didn't mean that the children are slaves of the nation. He did retract his statement in the thread, I believe.
User avatar
By Thunderhawk
#13067649
full quote

Vladimir wrote:Children are property of the nation, not a few individuals, and are to be educated in accordance to what the nations needs them to become. Allowing the tyranny of a few individuals over a child is not democratic.


Sounds like
1) he doesnt believe parents have a right to home school their children - fine.
because
2) children are not the property of the parents - children are no one's property.
3) but are actually the property of the nation - unacceptable.
User avatar
By Vladimir
#13067669
The education of the each of the nation’s/society’s children is business/"property" of the nation/society to be carried out socially and not to be usurped by a few individuals. Better? Do you enjoy semantics?
Also, I find your pre-emptive severe reflex against me without even a PM to clarify things ridiculous and offensive, and I demand a public apology
User avatar
By Holt
#13067739
Dr House wrote:How do you draw that conclusion from the very concise statement "children are the property of the state"?

Nation =/= state. Not that I necessarily agree with the statement, personally.
User avatar
By Dr House
#13067744
Holt wrote:Nation =/= state.

Correct.

My bad. :O
User avatar
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
#13067823
Oh come off it, I think we all know what he means. He didn't word it right but it's obvious from the context he was just saying that parents don't have a right to home school children because it's very anti-social, and that education is compulsory but it's impossible to tell if education is being done right when home schooled.
User avatar
By Andres
#13067967
Signed:
Thunderhawk, MP, THP.
I support both measures and my signature to them.
User avatar
By Thunderhawk
#13067976
@ Vladimir

I was not playing semantics.


Dispite you and others saying it was a poor choice of words I am yet to see you actually clarify your statement, and/or deny that children are property or can become property.


If such "typos" occur in a bill they will be highlighted and pointed out, again, to make sure no one is trying to implement some kind of backdoor slavery ;)
User avatar
By Vladimir
#13068598
Thunderhawk I clarified it two times, do you want a third one ? Here:

The education of the nation’s children is business of the nation, and is not to be usurped by individuals.
User avatar
By Thunderhawk
#13069711
The education of the nation’s children is business of the nation, and is not to be usurped by individuals.


That wording is acceptable to me.

I hearby suspend my Petition for your censure. The rest stands.
Holes in my Consciousness

If a seahorse is a horse that lives in the sea, th[…]

The thing about "herd immunity" is that[…]

Riots do not have to be violent in the sense of f[…]

Election 2020

“Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our[…]