General Election! (Voting Only) - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By ingliz
If you stop squabbling about the election I can get round to tabulating the results and then the SN-RF have 48 hrs to name their MP's.
By MB.
Can't wait, babe.
By Doomhammer
Read the electoral law and point out which clause has been violated.

1. It would be nice if there was a link to the Constitution and other such documents because I simply can't find them (though it is moot, at this point, as the Constitution will be changed).

2. If you like to interpret the law in a narrow fashion, than that's your problem (although there are no provisions about having to register a party to vote... and if there is, then there must be a contradiction in your "infallible" laws). However, in your zeal, you ignore that your draconian rules have led to an undemocratic result. Banning the Marijuana Party from the elections on account of a petty detail (late to register, apparently) can't be justified under democratic norms. But you are a dirty communist, what would you know of Democracy? Nothing.
By ingliz
Doomhammer, Confidence Voting thread wrote:Why do you even bother?

"The first bill introduced by a new government is always a vote of confidence."
(Article 4(b), The Interim Document)
By Doomhammer
"The first bill introduced by a new government is always a vote of confidence."
(Article 4(b), The Interim Document)

9 Communists will vote whether or not to transfor RoP into a faggy Communist dictatorship. Sounds redundant to me.
By ingliz
I could have made it much more difficult to register:

"A political party that wishes to participate in a general election may apply to register with the Chief Electoral Officer. The application for registration must be signed by the party leader and must include:

the full name of the political party

either the party's short-form name or the abbreviation of the party's name, if any, which will appear on election documents such as the ballot

the party's logo, if any

the name and address of the party's leader, and a copy of the party's resolution to appoint its leader that is certified by the leader and another officer of the party

the address of the party's office where records are kept and to which communications may be addressed

the names and addresses of the party's officers and their signed consent to act (minimum of three officers)

the name and address of the party's auditor and the auditor's signed consent to act as auditor

the name and address of the party's chief agent and his or her signed consent to act as chief agent

the names, addresses and signatures of (pick a number) electors and their declarations in the prescribed form that they are members of the party and support the party's application for registration

the leader's declaration in the prescribed form that having considered all the factors relevant to determining the party's purposes, one of the party's fundamental purposes is to participate in public affairs by endorsing one or more of its members as candidates and supporting their election
The entire application, including the names of the members, is a public document. To confirm the accuracy of the leader's declaration about the party's fundamental purposes, the Chief Electoral Officer may ask the leader to provide further relevant information."

An abstract of a "real" electoral registration law.

My legislation was simple but your adopted party's leader chose to ignore it
By Zyx
'Tis truth.

MB. even had a chance to replace THP but refused under silliness.

It was not undemocratic to ban a party as there were many parties running.

What was foolish was how everyone joined an 'illegal' party.

For that, I thank MB. His foresight is ridiculously myopic.

Another resource of degenerates who want to watch […]

There are many ways to approach a construction si[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I disagree with this, but I also don't think &quo[…]

The actual argument (that the definition is being[…]