Well, Ingliz is finished. Better hold new elections - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Zyx
MistyTiger, know your place, your allegiance.

Besides from that, hours after an election a re-election is absurd. There is no reason to believe that the results would be different.
By MistyTiger
Zyx, I have no place and no allegiance to SN-RF now. I stepped down from my post and I left the party. I had been thinking about leaving for awhile now, but finally I made up my mind. So I am not changing my mind and rejoining.

I do not think it is absurd. Several members voted the MP, it was a close race. If a few people hadn't voted CA and the other party, and voted MP...MP would've come even closer to winning.

My next step is to decide whether I want to join another party or if I want to stop playing the game. I have not decided yet.
By Zyx
Well, do not bother to clamor for a re-election. The MP is just a front against SN-RF. This hardly qualifies it as an element of itself, rather it's just the wasted musings of a failed politician.
By MistyTiger
I would not underestimate the indignation of the democratic-loving people here, Zyx. The way I see it, Communists are actually a minority. Suppose the Liberals and Conservatives banded together to try to topple the new government, assuming it is a legitimate one. I have my doubts.
By Dr House
MistyTiger wrote:I do not think it is absurd. Several members voted the MP, it was a close race. If a few people hadn't voted CA and the other party, and voted MP...MP would've come even closer to winning.

MP actually received two votes more than SN-RF.
By MistyTiger
You just counted it yourself?

Edit: I counted 23...24 if you count grassroots. SN-RF had 25.
By Zyx
Dr House's vote doesn't count, as I killed him a few threads ago. ;)
By MistyTiger
Do you really think that'll shut me up? Has it ever occurred to you that I just might be of an inquisitive nature, so I tend to ask a lot of questions? Are you tired of my questions yet, Zyx? :p
By Dr House
Misty, he'll kill you. He did it to me.

I still have three bullets on my chest.
By Brio
Exactly. Now that we are a one party state the gloves are coming off. Best watch your step Misty, or you might have an "unfortunate accident" like the good Doctor did. ;)
By ingliz
MP actually received two votes more than SN-RF.

MistyTiger wrote:Edit: I counted 23...24 if you count grassroots. SN-RF had 25.

How are you working that out?

Ter wrote:I cast an invalid ballot.

Ter

Ter's vote

Ter spoilt his ballot, he did not vote for the MP or anyone else.

JohnRawls
4% Corrupt

JohnRawls' Profile

JohnRawls was not eligible to vote.

grassroots1 was counted in the "disallowed".

The MP received 20 votes.

House says they received 27, Misty 23/24, so where are these votes for the MP coming from?

Please, House name your 7 extra votes, and Misty your 4, and if you think I have miscounted go to the "Naming" thread to make a formal objection.

A vote for the CA, SLD, or PNL is not a vote for the Marijuana Party, it is a vote for the CA, SLD, or PNL.

Votes by party as a % of the total vote:

•SN-RF (51.0%)

•MP* (40.8%)

•CA (4.1%)

•PNL (2.0%)

•SLD (2.0%)

•PoP (0%)

*Unregistered/Ineligible to run for office

Name these missing votes!
Last edited by ingliz on 17 Jul 2009 22:00, edited 2 times in total.
By Doomhammer
Ter spoilt his ballot, he did not vote for the MP or anyone else.

Spoilt like all votes for MP? It's called sarcasm.
By ingliz
Sarcasm is not a vote for the MP

All this quibbling over spoilt ballots? A spoilt ballot is a spoilt ballot, it is not a valid vote.

Election thread wrote:Parties on the ballot;

United Popular Front [SN-RF]

Social Liberal Democrats [SLD]

Pan-Nationalist League [PNL]

People of PoFo [PoP]

The Conservative Alliance [CA]

NB. Only a vote cast for one of the Parties listed above will be counted as valid.
Last edited by ingliz on 17 Jul 2009 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
By Arbiter Azariah
Perhaps the issue is that whilst you are supposedly a government of the people, you don't have a legitimate mandate. You've declared yourselves runaway winners when almost half of the population don't want a thing to do with you. Instead you've refused to hear their voices, and continue to plug your ears as you march onward to silence all dissent.
In no sane country would an election with almost half of the votes being declared invalid would an election be considered legitimate. You want a mandate for your revolution? Have another election. You want to be the voice of the people? Then let those voices be heard.
By Potemkin
Perhaps the issue is that whilst you are supposedly a government of the people, you don't have a legitimate mandate. You've declared yourselves runaway winners when almost half of the population don't want a thing to do with you.

Thatcher repeatedly declared herself a runaway winner in the 1980s, despite the fact that two thirds of the population didn't want a thing to do with her. And when the Founding Fathers made their Declaration of Independence, more than a third of the population were still loyal to the British Crown and didn't want a thing to do with it. Most of those loyalists had to flee to Canada after the Revolution. Who remembers them now? :roll:
By Rojik of the Arctic
Who remembers them now?

Apparently you.
By MistyTiger
How are you working that out?

Figlio edited his vote to MP. I counted that, so I got 23. I didn't include grassroots, I wasn't sure about it.
By ingliz
Figlio is included in the '"disallowed" votes

Disallowed:

MB.; Andres; Vanasalus; Thunderhawk; Dr House; dilpill; Okonkwo; Pikachu; grassroots1; Sephardi; Oxymoron; QatzelOK; Fasces; Rojik of the Arctic; Cuban Pride; Thompson_NCL; Kilgore; Figlio de gli moros; MistyTiger; Arbiter Azariah
[20]

Ter; JohnRawls
[2]

Count them. :)

I don't understand why you should think the 'number' of spoilt votes so important? They are important in the ballot reconciliation procedure, of course, but other than that they are just so much waste paper.

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]