Late stage capitalism is a Myth.
Its a myth perpetuated by socialists, communists, and marxists - in the hopes that repeating such a notion will bring it into being. Its a near universally known economic principle that faith in the economy is key to driving strong economic growth - and a lack of faith can kill the markets.
People pulling money out of the stock market and withdrawing all they have from the bank, then leads to an economic depression, which allows for authoritarian figures to capitalize on fear and uncertainty. Much like FDR did during the Great Depression, there are plenty who understand the one simple fact of life: the easiest people to manipulate, are fearful and anxious.
And so, the notion of "Late Stage Capitalism" continues to be repeated by left wing psychopaths all over the web, who operate on one of two assumptions. Firstly, its a great fantasy that can be used to make lots of money. Just like doomsday preppers, predicting the downfall of society is a great way to gain attention and sell books. Secondly, some people actually believe it.
They're foolish enough to believe utopia will come when the US economy collapses, and have their fingers crossed waiting for that day. Its sad really, how dreadfully uninformed they are.
Everyone needs something to believe in, even if its a cult of naysayers and disbelievers, everyone needs something to believe in.
Its likely that I'll be receiving hateful comments from people who believe in this communist myth with all their heart, and that's okay. The truth hurts. I don't blame them for their zealous disbelief. I only hope they'll wake up to their folly. Rather than obsess about your pet doomsday scenario, you ought to focus on making the present day a better place. You hear me you crazed socialists?! Altruism! Try it some time!
Your video actually implied (!!!) that the Great Depression was caused by a run on banks by the public!
Neither you nor your video presented any analysis of the potential of capitalism for future growth and success. All that has been said has consisted of nonsensical and childish taunts and whining against "communism", yet the use and application of the word "communism" in the video makes it very clear to anyone with any genuine understanding of Marxian analysis that the author of the video has no vague clue as to what communism is or how it would come about. Also included are the standard false spins on things like Social Security. So the OP and its video is merely a pathetic waste of time.
Ok, now with that out of the way I'll address the issue of "late stage capitalism". Is it real? Is it true? Are we in the USA in late stage capitalism?
Early-stage capitalism was much more primitively organized. Industry was in its infancy. Assembly lines were non-existent. Division of labor was undeveloped. Banking support was undeveloped. That is a thumbnail snapshot of early-stage capitalism.
Today capitalism, particularly in the USA, is highly developed. Manufacturing has become so advanced and streamlined and automated that capacity utilization is about 78%, leaving 22% of productive capacity unused because the capitalist cannot sell all he could produce, at the price he needs to maintain his 3% compounded annual growth. And so as this productive capacity advanced, the economy changed to a service economy in the 1980s. And now the service economy is "maxing-out" and so top capitalists are boosting their bottom line with completely non-productive activities like stock buy-backs and speculative investment in things like real estate and precious metals. A number of the top 0.05% are buying large parcels of land in New Zealand and are building fortified compounds there to which they can retreat when the bottom falls out.
Capitalists are now moving toward extreme automation, which will create the unemployment that will spell their doom.
So, are we in early-stage capitalism, middle-stage capitalism, or late-stage capitalism? Obviously this is late-stage capitalism. Does that mean capitalism is about to collapse or implode? I don't think so. It has a few more years in it. But the USA is clearly transitioning to a fascist-type totalitarianism. The RNC and their lock-step members have taken up the tactic of doing and saying anything they need to say to get elected along with all the gerrymandering and voter purges and voting machines lacking an audit trail and numerous other tricks to essentially steal elections. This expresses their intention to achieve one-party rule and one-party dictatorship. They have abandoned all pretense of serving the American people at all. They are, through their organizations including A.L.E.C., forming a tight alliance with top corporations. "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".
Yup, capitalism is struggling more and more. This is definitely late-stage capitalism.
Government is properly for people, and money is not a form of speech.