Ilan Pappé in conversation with Yanis Varoufakis about why economics gets every prediction wrong. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Ilan Pappé in conversation with Yanis Varoufakis | DiEM25
20,169 views, May 20, 2021

DiEM25
86.8K subscribers
Yanis Varoufakis, DiEM25 co-founder and MeRA25 leader, and Ilan Pappé discuss
my claim that accedemic economics ignores reality. And this is why it is useless for guiding political/economic policies.
So, you don't need to take my word for it. You can see that others agree with me.

If you don't want to be bombarded with their views on the current Palestinian crisis,
skip the the 16 min. mark.

Steve_American wrote:
If you don't want to be bombarded with their views on the current Palestinian crisis,

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy motor torpedo boats, on 8 June 1967, during the Six-Day War.[2] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two marines, and one civilian NSA employee), wounded 171 crew members, and severely damaged the ship.[3] At the time, the ship was in international waters north of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city of Arish.[1][4]

Israel apologized for the attack, saying that the USS Liberty had been attacked in error after being mistaken for an Egyptian ship.[5] Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion about the ship's identity.[6] Others, including survivors of the attack, have rejected these conclusions and maintain that the attack was deliberate.[7][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

It has already been explained that this type of c[…]

For me Republicanism is masculine and monarchism i[…]

Please provide it again. You have no problem aski[…]

Sure, keep thinking that. Election year is caus[…]