Economists who are honest will quote inflation num. between now & 2 years ago. Others're gaslighting - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I keep posting this to every site I can.

People, economists, and the media who quote the year on year inflation rate are trying to gaslight you.
Last year, prices fell in many areas. So, if they retrun to where they were, is that really inflation? I think not.

After the crisis of last year, it makes more sense to compare this month's prices to the same month 2 years ago, and make a point to note that this is for 2 years, not one.

My evidence for this is that over time, the curve of prices is what matters and not the change from 1 year to the next. The data point of the year on year price increase is a good indicator in almost all cases, just not in this case.

It seems to me therefore, that all who quote year on year inflation numbers are trying to gaslight the public, or in some cases just following their leader who is trying to gaslighting you.

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]