Inflation - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late

"The near-collapse and rapid bounceback of several coronavirus-affected sectors, such as travel, led to what economists call a “base effect”: when the year-over-year price increases are sharp, but only because they’re coming back up from a low point caused by an economic shock.

It may surprise many Americans that even during times of strong growth and very low inflation (like the late 1990s) or weak growth and low inflation (like the years following the Great Recession), more than half of all goods and services are usually experiencing price increases. In part, this is because it is awfully hard for employers to cut nominal wages, even in a recession. And economists see some mild, steady economywide inflation as a sign of a healthy economy. The Fed, for instance, actively targets an average overall inflation level of 2 percent per year.

For now, inflation is well contained and the Fed should monitor it closely, but not act rashly. Cheaper furniture, fast food, used cars and airfares would be nice, but they aren’t worth cutting the economic recovery short."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/08/18/opinion/inflation-economy-transitory.html
By Steve_American
I gave you a like, even though you provided a graph that has no title, no left side or bottom labels of what they are, and no numbers at all.

So, you agree with me that inflation is not a problem and yet you give me no or few likes.
By Rancid
Do the inflation numbers include cost of housing? That is experiencing a lot of inflation across the US.
By Unthinking Majority
Lots of things are more expensive now. I don't think it's some runaway emergency like the oil crises of the 70's. It just means certain things are more expensive. Supply problems, high demand, lots of cash on hand etc. Its not an emergency, but its also not good when the buying power of a nation of people is reduced. and their dollar doesn't go quite as far. It sucks if ie: a 50k salary now spends like 45k. I'm sure things will settle down when the pandemic does.

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O