One percent produce 20 times more Greenhouse gasses than 50% of population - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BlutoSays wrote:
I watched the DW video and I'm proud to say I knew it all already.

It's a scam by environmentalists to make money for themselves. The hilarious part is at the end when the guy comes up with the best way to stop this is have another corrupt bureaucracy of paper pushers "monitoring". More administrative "fixes". It's just as hilarious as the "in-crowd" jetting off to Davos, Switzerland, every year in their private jets to discuss how to take the proles for more and more.

How did I know all of this already? Because Shyster Vice President Al Gore was at it 25 years ago doing the same exact thing!

It's all about forming guilt in your head and then taking advantage of it to line their pockets. Companies and politicians do it so well. Learn from history.

I'll agree *empirically* that statist types tend to want to *monetize* / commodify whatever latest thing has the most eyeballs -- but I don't think it's a 'political' thing anymore at that point. It's *business*, the business of selling-out the planet, which is something possible only at the scale of *corporations*.
ckaihatsu wrote:I'll agree *empirically* that statist types tend to want to *monetize* / commodify whatever latest thing has the most eyeballs -- but I don't think it's a 'political' thing anymore at that point. It's *business*, the business of selling-out the planet, which is something possible only at the scale of *corporations*.

Not at all, dude. Very disappointed. The politicians and their staffers are as bad as the corporations. Heart warming agendas get them coin and power. And all those professors at universities live off grants, so they tow the company line for research $$$. And all the numb-skulls who think that only non-profits are unbiased, I assure you government bureaucrats, contractors and staffers are just as bad. They all know where the money comes from. Government bureaucracies form whole divisions, departments, branches and offices to employ the otherwise unemployable, and make them administrators and paper pushers.

Companies and contractors love it because it's another "problem", which is another line item in the budget to be monetized for more CLINs and contracts, and especially on agendas where there is no demand. The government makes the demand by mandate, fiat and arbitrary policy, because it's for the good of the "children"... or "the planet"...or "humanity" or whatever BS story they and the media can peddle.

The tax payer and the treasury are the ones with endless pockets for the feel good.
BlutoSays wrote:
Not at all, dude. Very disappointed. The politicians and their staffers are as bad as the corporations. Heart warming agendas get them coin and power. And all those professors at universities live off grants, so they tow the company line for research $$$. And all the numb-skulls who think that only non-profits are unbiased, I assure you government bureaucrats, contractors and staffers are just as bad. They all know where the money comes from. Government bureaucracies form whole divisions, departments, branches and offices to employ the otherwise unemployable, and make them administrators and paper pushers.

Companies and contractors love it because it's another "problem", which is another line item in the budget to be monetized for more CLINs and contracts, and especially on agendas where there is no demand. The government makes the demand by mandate, fiat and arbitrary policy, because it's for the good of the "children"... or "the planet"...or "humanity" or whatever BS story they and the media can peddle.

The tax payer and the treasury are the ones with endless pockets for the feel good.

I'd argue -- brah (grin) -- that what you're describing is *statism*. It's what happens when the private-sector / bourgeoisie loses-out to the *bureaucratic* / state / academic sector of the ruling class.

For example, China never experienced the rise and triumph of its own bourgeoisie -- the bureaucratic / state element has always prevailed and clamped-down on the merchant class.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]