A Strategy to Promote Sound Money: Decentralize the State - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BlutoSays wrote:Funding political campaigns doesn't get money out of politics.

That's like saying if we clamp down, there will never be a black market. :eh:

Remember, gun free zones are free of guns, right? :eh:

I assume you are talking about bribery.

Bribery is illegal, so now using money to influence politicians will be illegal.

I thought about adding some more about bribery. So, we will tighten anti-bribery laws.

Maybe let anyone in the district sue both the giver and the taker for $10K, with no limit on the number who can win the $10K. This drops the level of proof needed to a preponderance of the evidence and ends double jeopardy protections.
Steve_American wrote:I assume you are talking about bribery.

Bribery is illegal, so now using money to influence politicians will be illegal.

I thought about adding some more about bribery. So, we will tighten anti-bribery laws.

Maybe let anyone in the district sue both the giver and the taker for $10K, with no limit on the number who can win the $10K. This drops the level of proof needed to a preponderance of the evidence and ends double jeopardy protections.

Dude, we don't need anymore laws. More laws doesn't fix things. Tightening laws doesn't fix things. The laws on the books are not enforced as is.

Today, we have repeat offenders, rapists, killers and violent criminals being let out of jail in 48 hours because DA's and woke prosecutors don't want to deal with it. Am I talking to a two year old? I'm getting annoyed at the idiocy.
BlutoSays wrote:Funding political campaigns doesn't get money out of politics.

That's like saying if we clamp down, there will never be a black market. :eh:

Remember, gun free zones are free of guns, right? :eh:

Nonsense argument. Just give up on the concept of law and order and the rule of law.

Some crime exists therefore ANY attempt to minimize won't work, therefore everything should be allowed.

Without the rule of law money cannot exist. It's back to clubs.
BlutoSays wrote:Dude, we don't need anymore laws. More laws doesn't fix things. Tightening laws doesn't fix things. The laws on the books are not enforced as is.

Today, we have repeat offenders, rapists, killers and violent criminals being let out of jail in 48 hours because DA's and woke prosecutors don't want to deal with it. Am I talking to a two year old? I'm getting annoyed at the idiocy.

I'm getting annoyed at the idiocy of MAGA people. So, we are both getting annoyed. IMO, others here are also getting annoyed with people like you.

Dude, the USSC gutted the campaign finance laws with Citizens United in 2010. How can you not know this?

There are now functionally no laws to restrict campaign contributions and independent ads. Dark money floods campaigns. Because corps can make contributions foreigners can use corps to influence US campaigns. The USSC has gone bonkers with this. The Founders are spinning in their graves over this. Original intent, my ass.!!
Steve_American wrote:I'm getting annoyed at the idiocy of MAGA people. So, we are both getting annoyed. IMO, others here are also getting annoyed with people like you.

Dude, the USSC gutted the campaign finance laws with Citizens United in 2010. How can you not know this?

There are now functionally no laws to restrict campaign contributions and independent ads. Dark money floods campaigns. Because corps can make contributions foreigners can use corps to influence US campaigns. The USSC has gone bonkers with this. The Founders are spinning in their graves over this. Original intent, my ass.!!

Corporations can make contributions? BFD!

What about labor unions CONFISCATING dues from their worker's pay and sending them to candidates or political parties based on whatever the union leadership decides, regardless of what the individual worker thinks?

Worker's pay is private property, correct? THEY earn it. Not the union. You know damn well the democrat party (the DNC) has pushed and defended this support and position for the better part of 75 years.

And democrats pushing card-check to make sure workers are intimidated to vote the way the union (democrat party) wants them to vote by de-anonymizing their vote?

Don't lecture anyone on Citizens United.
pugsville wrote:
Nonsense argument. Just give up on the concept of law and order and the rule of law.

Some crime exists therefore ANY attempt to minimize won't work, therefore everything should be allowed.

He has no idea as to what you are banging on about.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. But you need a level of education and independence of thought he clearly lacks.
pugsville wrote:Nonsense argument. Just give up on the concept of law and order and the rule of law.

Rule of law? You liberals have a very convenient definition of it. Declare everything a human right if democrats want it. If democrats don't want it, then declare it racist or attempt to ban it.

Removals Fell More than 70 Percent under Biden in FY 2021
Shockingly bad, and we don’t really know the worst of it

https://cis.org/Arthur/Removals-Fell-Mo ... en-FY-2021

When ‘Prosecutorial Discretion’ Becomes Suspension of the Law
Can the Biden administration get away with not enforcing the Immigration and Nationality Act?

https://cis.org/Arthur/When-Prosecutori ... ension-Law
BlutoSays wrote:Rule of law? You liberals have a very convenient definition of it. Declare everything a human right if democrats want it. If democrats don't want it, then declare it racist or attempt to ban it.

Removals Fell More than 70 Percent under Biden in FY 2021
Shockingly bad, and we don’t really know the worst of it

https://cis.org/Arthur/Removals-Fell-Mo ... en-FY-2021

When ‘Prosecutorial Discretion’ Becomes Suspension of the Law
Can the Biden administration get away with not enforcing the Immigration and Nationality Act?

https://cis.org/Arthur/When-Prosecutori ... ension-Law

'

You were just arguing that laws are unenforceable so we should just give up enfocingthem, and now you complaining that they are not enforced,.

Pick a position.
pugsville wrote:'

You were just arguing that laws are unenforceable so we should just give up enfocingthem, and now you complaining that they are not enforced,.

Pick a position.

I've picked a position. Enforce the laws. Don't make more of them and spout off that we need more laws while you aren't attempting to enforce the ones one the books now. I know democrats are dense, but wake up.
BlutoSays wrote:
I've picked a position. Enforce the laws. Don't make more of them and spout off that we need more laws while you aren't attempting to enforce the ones one the books now. I know democrats are dense, but wake up.

pugsville wrote:
Direct contradiction of what you posted earlier.

You;ll say something else tomorrow,

(It's ultimately *opportunistic* -- BS is mixing-together both 'process' ('democracy'), *and* discrete political issues / matters, themselves. So if you go along with the *process*, 'democracy' -- and of course you do -- then his disgusting reactionary shit slips in as the door is closing.)

@Pants-of-dog No one has ever said anything abou[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Honestly I think you should give up on hoping to […]

I don't think a multiracial society can function[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Then why do Mexicans keep going to USA? IIRC, […]