"Discrimination" presupposes there are not enough good jobs for everyone - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Unthinking Majority wrote:To the OP: having more people in a city means more jobs created. Immigrants need to eat, need a place to live, need cars to drive, and need to buy everything you and I do.

More people with less money. What type of jobs do you think those are going to create?

You do realize that in Third World countries, there are plenty of jobs but all those jobs barely pay enough to get by?
That is what things would turn into.
Puffer Fish wrote:Are you claiming employers have the upper hand here?

Because if so, that is not a very good argument for arguing in favor of lots more immigration.

I see how you repeatedly IGNORE the issue in the opening post, trying to deflect or side step around it.

No, I'm saying employers are the ones who demand work and workers are those who supply it.

I'm criticizing the logic behind your claim that discrimination assumes there aren't enough "good" jobs for everyone. In reality, there can be discrimination even if the overall demand for work is unfulfilled because the job market isn't completely flexible even in the best of circumstances, and I would also add that there are different job markets coexisting within any economy and they are fairly clearly segmented.
Puffer Fish wrote:More people with less money. What type of jobs do you think those are going to create?

You do realize that in Third World countries, there are plenty of jobs but all those jobs barely pay enough to get by?
That is what things would turn into.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... -visa.html

As you can see, some countries will allow immigrants to come and live there who can show that they have sound and lucrative business plans that can create jobs.

Also, please look up “brain drain”.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]