Very strong evidence by ECB that the current inflationary period is not at all like the early 70s. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Just yesterday, 8/3/22, the ECB (European Central Bank) put out a report that has strong evidence that the current inflationary period is not at all like the early 70s.

Click on the link and scroll down a little to see the 8 graphs that compare now to the 70s in Europe and then in the US.

You will clearly see 2 things.
1] The bars on the 70s graphs are much taller.
2] The real wage growths are totally different.

Therefore, wage growth has little to do with the current inflation. Instead it is being caused by corporate greed.

Also, I assert that in the US the stimulus money just replaced the lost wages when unemployment hit 2!% (IIRC a report I saw). So, it didn't drive inflation either. The inflation was caused by a drop in supply of things due to factory shutdowns and international supply chain problems, etc. Now the inflation is being caused by monopolies making huge profit by using the cover of recent inflation from supply problems to raise prices, not because of cost increases, but to make insane profits.

The link =>
https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/economic- ... 29.en.html

BlutoSays wrote:Or maybe inflation is being caused by DNC greed and fear.... handout more free shit to the free shit army because you're about to lose an election?

Lurkers, Bluto is blaming current inflation on all the additional free money give to the free shit army by the DNC since the last $1400 in March 2021, 17 months ago.

The only problem with that assertion is that there has been zero new money given to the free shit army since March 2021. He is living in his fantasy world.

Steve_American wrote:Lurkers, Bluto is blaming current inflation on all the additional free money give to the free shit army by the DNC since the last $1400 in March 2021, 17 months ago.

The only problem with that assertion is that there has been zero new money given to the free shit army since March 2021. He is living in his fantasy world.

Steve, that's not true. A lot of this money keeps rolling out.
It can also take a little bit of time for everyone to have some sense of how much money is out there.

Inflation's effects are not felt in a week, nor even a single month.
Puffer Fish wrote:Steve, that's not true. A lot of this money keeps rolling out.
It can also take a little bit of time for everyone to have some sense of how much money is out there.

Inflation's effects are not felt in a week, nor even a single month.

Please give me some examples. The 'plus up' to unemployment has been gone for over a year, the child tax credit gone for 8 months, and the last $1400 check was over a year ago.

So, what money are you talking about.

Lol this is just very stupid. If this were true, […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]