Politics Forum Member of the Year 2012 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Events on the Politics Forum and political commentary.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Siberian Fox.

The final two candidates were Far-Right Sage and Rei Murasame.

It was a very close run thing. In the final run-off secret ballot, one polled 51.8% of the vote, and the other polled 48.2%, with just three votes in it. It would have only taken two members to vote the other way to change the outcome.

The winner of the Politics Forum member of the year 2012 is Rei Murasame!

Congratulations to Rei Murasame, who has won the respect of a great many forum members over the year for consistently maintaining a high quality of posting. The community's resident Japanophile and a feminist, Rei Murasame is particularly notable for enriching posts with relevant media or hyper-links, and cross referencing relevant material posted elsewhere on the forum. Rei Murasame is also known for a dislike of the liberal financial system, a peculiar tendency to grey out text in brackets to indicate to the reader what can be skipped if they are short on time and a love of J-pop 'music'.

Congratulations also to our runner-up Far-Right Sage, who has has almost certainly received much kudos from many members this year for being consistent and among the first to call the nature of the Syrian conflict back when it began. As events have unfolded throughout the year it is apparent that many members have shifted attitude to be more cool towards the rebellion as a result of revelations about the composition of the forces, methods used and the people arming them become clear. Far-Right Sage is also known for his fondness for good food and fine wine, and for being able to maintain a gentlemanly manner towards all other members of the forum even while laying out uncompromising and controversial political opinions.

Both the finalists are pretty far out to the right of the community politically, which is a testament to the degree to which many members have embraced the values of our Mission Statement to respect other members of the community as people even if they don't agree with them politically.

A deserved mention goes out to the other ten members shortlisted for member of the year that equally reflect the high quality of many of our esteemed co-posters:
Cartertonian
Eran
Mikema63
Nets
Ombrageux
Potemkin
Red Barn
Smertios
SpecialOlympian
The Immortal Goon

In total 43 members were nominated. The full list will not be published so that you can all wonder if you were on it or not.

The most nominated member was also Rei Murasame.

Thank you to everyone for making 2012 a great year on the Politics Forum. You are what makes this place special.
Let me be the third (as of this second) to congratulate a fantastic writer, commentator, and young woman I very much consider a comrade and who, through her words and spirit, has inspired me to further look and invest energy into the multitude of complex and fascinating issues which have been discussed throughout the past couple of years, which is no small feat.

Admittedly this forum is really the first and only time I have invested any significant time into an internet pursuit, but it's safe to say that Rei is one of the most intriguing and thought-provoking ladies I have ever come across on the internet.

Scouring the depths and recesses of the place, I can be certain that there is no one else I would rather hand the sceptre to than the fiery junior matron of our community, and indeed someone who often leaves me thinking and wondering "Rei gets it! When will the rest of her generation catch up?!"

There's a great deal more I can say, but I'm sure if there's anyone who understand my sentiments well enough, it's Rei, as she has a shocking ability to best articulate what I'm thinking in most things.

In short, Glückwünsche and always forward, Rei!
Last edited by Far-Right Sage on 18 Dec 2012 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
I have extended my congratulations and believe it should be an interesting period of reflection on Rei's time and participation here - a most fantastic addition to our humble community.

It seems these days that the community is more diverse than ever and Rei has greatly contributed by bringing many thought-provoking ideas to the forefront. You know it's a frosty day in Hades when I'm celebrating diversity!
My dear Donald, I personally believe looking through the list of the original twelve selected contenders, at least eight or nine of those handles chosen deserve some form of recognition for exemplary contributions. In a sense, we all received that.

This should be a joyous occasion, as I'm more than happy to make room for the "spring chickens", so to speak. Remember, Donald, Rei is also an exquisite standard bearer for your orientation! It is perhaps her exploration of that sensitive issue among other things that has intrigued me most of all throughout time.

A haplotype is just determined by specific dna on[…]

Experience carefree connections with the top-rated[…]

...All of our geopolitical enemies are portrayed […]

So if you were to ask Israel for evidence, they w[…]