Politics Forum Member of the Year 2012 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Events on the Politics Forum and political commentary.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Far-Right Sage wrote:My dear Donald, I personally believe looking through the list of the original twelve selected contenders, at least eight or nine of those handles chosen deserve some form of recognition for exemplary contributions. In a sense, we all received that.

This should be a joyous occasion, as I'm more than happy to make room for the "spring chickens", so to speak. Remember, Donald, Rei is also an exquisite standard bearer for your orientation! It is perhaps her exploration of that sensitive issue among other things that has intrigued me most of all throughout time.

You're right.

Congrats, Rei. You're a good kid.
That's not to say I don't as always love your enthusiasm, Donald.

Or your Stalin-esque ability to expunge untidy history. ;)
Plaro wrote:Now let us all dance to J-pop and paaaaarty!

I got the beer, Plaro's got the music, Donald's got the drugs, now all we need for the party to get started is for the woman of honor to show up.
I'm in Sheremetevo airport waiting to fly to New York, and I would like to congratulate Rei. I love both Rei and FRS even though they would both probably put me against the wall if they had the opportunity.

I toast you both (and the rest of our beautiful nominees) with my illegally opened .5L bottle of Jameson that I'm drinking on the sly in the airport bathroom.
It seems you're not capturing the true essence of der Frauhrer (as she shall be known henceforth). It is both a pity and a shame you have failed her, Plaro.

[youtube]uFQ5MHX0Bvw[/youtube]

All this video needs now is asian "cutsy" persona and an anime panda.
Wow, winning by such a narrow margin, I could not have expected it.

First, I'd like to thank all those who voted for me, you have made this possible, you believed in me, and it has been a great 2012 on PoFo, the only true politics forum in existence. There is no other.

Secondly, I'd like to thank Siberian Fox for making this vote possible, it was a fantastic idea.

Thirdly, I'd like to pay respect to FRS, who ran a very close race with me. When I saw that he and I were leading early on, it was surprising to me, since I never anticipated that I would end up competing with one of the most respected elders here, a man that I certainly look up to and see as a strong person. To be honest, I almost felt like it was in conflict with some unwritten protocol about not challenging those who are above you, you know, so I was very conflicted inside as well.

In the end, it has turned out the way that it has, and so I happily accept the title of 'Member of the Year 2012'. I'll try to keep my posting at the same standard of goodness it has been at in 2013 as well. Beyond that, we have all participated to make it possible. Like in alchemy, it takes pressure and challenges to make the shining gold be revealed, and so it is here, because without such a high standard among all the forum members, an environment for good posting would not even exist.

So in a way, we are all winners today, and you are all darlings. It's been a fantastic year, really. There are only a few more days left in the year now, but don't let the standard falter for a moment, PoFo: fight-oh!

村雨れい

Rei Murasame
Plaro wrote:Every party needs a party pooper, and you are invited TCR. :p

He can come if he brings his psychedelic party pants. :p

Congratulations Rei. You really are a top notch poster, even if I don't agree with everything you say politically. You deserved this for perhaps teaching me more (in the several dissertations you have disseminated) than probably any other poster here. Good job.

And by the way, it wasn't Siberian Fox's idea, it was "Big Brother" ;)

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

it reminds me of a woman who was a Greek immigr[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]