10 Years of The Politics Forum - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Events on the Politics Forum and political commentary.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

So...

[youtube]3MyZTPPgsZA[/youtube]

I've not had a YouTube account until now, so I've no idea how this works. Are members/subscribers able to post videos to the channel?

Decky wrote:I can't subscribe, I did have a youtube account but google stole it somehow a few years back.

I was annoyed that Google forced me to create a Google+ account and a Gmail account while creating a Youtube account. I don't plan on using either.
I've not had a YouTube account until now, so I've no idea how this works. Are members/subscribers able to post videos to the channel?

No, but they can become your channel partners. Or they can just send you vids that you then upload to your channel.
That just sounds like too much work. Why not just create a sub forum specially for video responses uploaded by user on their own account and the selected few videos/video discussions can be added in playlist/favorites by the PoFo channel on youtube.
fuser wrote:That just sounds like too much work. Why not just create a sub forum specially for video responses uploaded by user on their own account and the selected few videos/video discussions can be added in playlist/favorites by the PoFo channel on youtube.

Because then Fox cannot monetize the vids.
Given my experience with a certain ad network I assumed that the payouts would be so low that it would not be worth trying to monetise them. However, as far as I can tell I won't be able to brand them that way either, which means that operating the channel would be less useful as a means of getting new members - which is supposed to be one of the main reasons for any website to get involved with social media.
The greatest accomplishment of POFO is not being around for a decade but being so active for a decade.

I have seen forums last 7, 8 and 9 years but become largely dormant for the last half of their cycle.

Take care everyone.
R_G wrote:The greatest accomplishment of POFO is not being around for a decade but being so active for a decade.

I have seen forums last 7, 8 and 9 years but become largely dormant for the last half of their cycle.

Take care everyone.

What are you talking about, there are no other forums on the internet
Congratulations on reaching this milestone, I have a lot of catching up to do !!

I am impressed by the noise to signal ratio as well as the diversity and quality of discourse that I have witnessed on this site and hope that I can contribute meaningfully as I explore politics and myself here.

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this community. Especially those handling all the difficult, time consuming and tedious behind the scenes operations.

**Off Topic**
PoFo wrote:Thirdly there was a massive amount of interest in international affairs during our first year, when in March the USA and UK invaded Iraq.

With AUSTRALIA (amongst others). Australia has collaborated/ supported every US led war since it switched its allegiance from the previous global hegemonic power Great Britain. This is due to its dependence on international trade, which requires access to sea lanes. Mutual dependency/ cooperation is preferable to "pure" dependency (terminology?).

Sorry for wandering off topic but this negligence/ ignorance vexes me.

Edit- I think user-name PoFo is a pseudonym.

Political cogitations: 2
Lobby Fodder (say hi & be nice to me!)

I'm a little confused.

Edit 2-
Just for fun, I thought I'd finish with a little political career comparison. So far, the Politics Forum community has seen out:

I wonder if Hun Sen will be able to welcome you to the 10,000 club?

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/archive/ ... f-hun-sen/
Glad to see we're still here. Haven't lost most radicals, just main streamers disheartening quickly after joining. Lol!
Thirteen years in the air is indeed an impressive achievement. Usually the founders of politics forums have unrealistic expectations. In general they collapse within a few years. Personally I have spent many happy moments on the discussion forum of Attac (Association pour la Taxation des Transactions financière et l'Aide aux Citoyens) in Germany. They had four moderators who volunteered but nevertheless had professional backgrounds in politics and economics. Unfortunately after a few years they were all gone, and so is the forum.

My experience with fora suggest that they are not viable by themselves. They are only durable as long as the success is organized. The forum must be the life's purpose of the main moderator.

Apparently at Politics Forum there are some attempts to make it commercially profitable or cover its expenses. In view of the above this seems a hopeless undertaking. A registration fee would discourage students and the many intellectuals with a marginal existence. Also, it is not quite fair, since the text contributions may have value by themselves.
There has never been nor will there ever be a registration fee to join politicsforum.org, but there used to be an optional subscription fee(€40 per year) for those who do not wish to see advertisements plus a couple more perks(like using the advanced search function to browse through the history of the forum, a hidden subscriber forum, custom username titles and a bolded coloured username, like for example mine) and at the same time help cover the costs of the server. This subscription offer was disabled at some point but it will return.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Canada is a criminal country (a fake country buil[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]

That is interesting why do you think that is? It[…]