Free Kurdistan - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Aekos
This is a very pressing issue. The largest area of Kurdistan is under Turkish control, and slowly but surely Kurdish culture is being destroyed and replaced by Turkic culture. This alarming trend is exacerbated by the fact that there is little cooperation between the different regions of Kurdistan. Iraqi Kurdistan must move toward independence as soon as possible to trigger a Kurdish revolution in Turkey.
By babilonian
Aekos:

Could you please point out to me few things that Kurdish culture is different from Turkish. And what are those cultural things that are being changed to Turkish ones?
By Doomhammer
Could you please point out to me few things that Kurdish culture is different from Turkish.

I'll help him.

Language. And uh... well, that's pretty much it. Since Kurdish can be spoken and now that there are elective courses in Kurdish in universities, I suppose that's off table. The thing is, most rural Kurds don't really speak any Turkish so I don't know where all this "they're assimilating us" rhetoric comes from. I can only guess that it comes from talking to bleeding heart Western liberals who keep giving them strange ideas.

I suppose we can also say some Kurds are different from Turks in that they live in tribes and murder each other. lol

Aekos, seriously, let it go.
By Aekos
Could you please point out to me few things that Kurdish culture is different from Turkish.

Just because Turkic domination over centuries has watered down Kurdish culture doesn't mean that it can't rebuild.

Aekos, seriously, let it go.

Let what go?
By Doomhammer
Just because Turkic domination over centuries has watered down Kurdish culture doesn't mean that it can't rebuild.

In theory, yes. You didn't answer my question though. Enlighten me on Kurdish culture; whatever it is or whatever you think it is and how it is different from its Turkish counterpart.

Let what go?

You're trolling on issues related to Turkey.
By Aekos
In theory, yes. You didn't answer my question though. Enlighten me on Kurdish culture; whatever it is or whatever you think it is and how it is different from its Turkish counterpart.

The old Indo-European traditions passed down from generation to generation.

You're trolling on issues related to Turkey.

Maybe I'm just momentarily interested in the region? :p
By Sephardi
Free Kurdistan. Destroy turkgay. We need an Alevite Christian Kurdistan state helped and partially funded by Israelis. The Communist anti-Semitic Islamist revolutionary party of Kurdistan needs to be abolished.
By Doomhammer
The old Indo-European traditions passed down from generation to generation.

Such as?

Maybe I'm just momentarily interested in the region?

I wasn't born yesterday.

Free Kurdistan. Destroy turkgay. We need an Alevite Christian Kurdistan state helped and partially funded by Israelis. The Communist anti-Semitic Islamist revolutionary party of Kurdistan needs to be abolished.

I will not deign to respond to that with words. Enjoy this pic:
By Shah
Sephardi that post was retarded. You have some weird pipe dreams.

I guess I support the idea of an independent Kurdistan. I also support returning Samarqand and Bukhara (once the two cultural centers of the Persian Empire, now part of Uzbekistan thanks to that asshole Stalin) to Tajikistan.

I might have just turned this into the official irredentism thread. :D
By Sephardi
Kiss my ass dude. My parents were born in Tashkent and I don't want other fellow Bukharian cities to go to Tajikstan. Uzbekistan is Uzbekistan, Tajikstan is Tajikstan, that's how it is.

And turkgay is part of the Ummah. It needs to be destroyed and given to our Greek friends as a gift for our alliance with them ("our" meaning a new Israeli Republic).
By Nets
Sephardi, what alternate reality have you stepped into in this thread?
By Doomhammer
An Anti-Turkish Jew is an anomoly, which is why Sephardi continues to fascinate me - not necessarily in a good way. Sephardi, I think you forget that Turkey was among the first countries to recognize Israel and they have a well developed strategic partnership (like Israel sells hi-tech toys and Turkey trains Israeli pilots on its territory etc.). Oh and Turkey kinda shielded a lot of Jews during the Holocaust. The point is, Turkey and Israel are on excellent terms and I don't know how you can justify anything you've thus far said.

Sephardi, what alternate reality have you stepped into in this thread?

He's disturbing the space-time continuum.
By Sephardi

What do you guys mean? I don't care for Turgay and I won't care if it gets destroyed and goes into the hands of its rightful owners (Greeks). Obviously Turgay doesn't give a shit about Israel since the leader said that Israel commits genocide on the Palestinians and that Gaza is a concentration camp. Turkey was great under its first president yet 98 - 99% of the country is Muslim now. They are part of the Ummah and they are invaders of historically greek territory. The Ottoman Empire was ruled by assholes as is Turkey now. An Anti-Turkish Jew is any normal Jew. The Alevite Kurds should rule a Kurdistan (all of Kurdistan) and the rest of Iraq can go to Saudi Arabia (Sunni majority areas) and Persia (Shia majority areas). The rest of Iran becomes Persia along with those parts of Iraq. The rest of Turkey goes to Greece. Lebanon, the rest of Syria, Jordan, Sinai, all go to Israel. Serbia gets Croatia, Montenegro, decides Macedonia with Greece, Kosovo, and all of what is now Serbia.

wut? Yea I just think of shit and type it. I don't think I'm weird for redrawing maps. :eek:

:eh:

:p
By QatzelOk
Doomy wrote:Turkey was among the first countries to recognize Israel and they have a well developed strategic partnership

If this isn't a perfect case of a bullying partnership, I'll give up my bike and learn to drive an SUV.

Though I have to admit, I do like the idea of Turkey being re-Grecified. It's rare that I agree with Sephardi, but I am starting to appreciate his lack of any kind of ideological base (Other than Israel, fuck yeah!).
By Aekos
Though I have to admit, I do like the idea of Turkey being re-Grecified.

:up:

Calls for Turkey to be "destroyed" are ridiculous. A Hellenized Turkey would be a proper European country, and it's an admirable goal.
By Doomhammer
goes into the hands of its rightful owners (Greeks).

You mean Anatolia? Oh, right. Keep on wishing.

Obviously Turgay doesn't give a shit about Israel since the leader said that Israel commits genocide on the Palestinians and that Gaza is a concentration camp.

He has a strange fetish for the Palestinians and we all know what happened at Davos but, as stupid as he is, I don't recall the Prime Minister ever saying something like that about Israel. That said, Israel is Turkey's ally, and vice versa, but no country is going to support Israel should they perceive Israel as commiting acts of aggression.

yet 98 - 99% of the country is Muslim now.

Now? It kinda always was. Anyway, it's called laicism (laicite). Have you heard of it?

They are part of the Ummah and they are invaders of historically greek territory.

All modern states are invaders of others' territory. Not all of us are priveledged enough to have our own "promised lands" but at least Turkey, and most other countries, have clearly deliniated and internationally recognized borders.

The Ottoman Empire was ruled by assholes as is Turkey now.

Well... I kinda agree. Ottoman rulers in the 17-18th and 20th centuries usually sucked. Ataturk and, to an extent, Ozal were the only awesome presidents (the former, more so).

An Anti-Turkish Jew is any normal Jew

No. It's very irregular. I suppose there must be more like you though. I say this because I assume you had to "learn" (I use the term "learn very loosely) about world politics from someone.
The Alevite Kurds should rule a Kurdistan (all of Kurdistan) and the rest of Iraq can go to Saudi Arabia (Sunni majority areas) and Persia (Shia majority areas). The rest of Iran becomes Persia along with those parts of Iraq. The rest of Turkey goes to Greece. Lebanon, the rest of Syria, Jordan, Sinai, all go to Israel. Serbia gets Croatia, Montenegro, decides Macedonia with Greece, Kosovo, and all of what is now Serbia.

No comment.

wut? Yea I just think of shit and type it.

Good for you. You are confident about freely expressing yourself and it must be very empowering [/ I-have-no-idea-what-I said-psychobabble]
I don't think I'm weird for redrawing maps.

Neither do I. I merely think your suggestions about how the Middle East ought to be are rubbish.

If this isn't a perfect case of a bullying partnership, I'll give up my bike and learn to drive an SUV.

What do you mean by "bullying partnership"?

Calls for Turkey to be "destroyed" are ridiculous.

Ah. Thank you. I'm glad you confirmed that.

A Hellenized Turkey would be a proper European country, and it's an admirable goal.

Yes. Let's all stop speaking Turkish, learn a new alphabet and language, and convert to the most useless, and barbaric, version of Christianity. It sounds like a plan.
By eloweeth
And turkgay is part of the Ummah

No gays are allowed in ummah :D
It needs to be destroyed and given to our Greek friends as a gift for our alliance with them ("our" meaning a new Israeli Republic

Greece is one of the only Christian country in the world that rejected the foundation of Israel in United Nations,something that was sweet of them ;)
a new Israeli Republic

you mean one more :?:
A Hellenized Turkey would be a proper European country, and it's an admirable goal

one more
Though I have to admit, I do like the idea of Turkey being re-Grecified.

Among 70 million I haven't heard of any who wants that.So why you are that much interested in it?
By Aekos
Yes. Let's all stop speaking Turkish, learn a new alphabet and language, and convert to the most useless, and barbaric, version of Christianity. It sounds like a plan.

Why do you say that? Orthodoxy is the only Christian branch that hundreds of wars weren't fought over. When Crusaders came in and their true goals became clear, Orthodox Christians teamed up with Muslims to repel the Westerners. Millions of American Indians didn't die because of Orthodox invasion, and Hundred Year Wars weren't fought over the religion. It's, if anything, the most peaceful and coolest (love the pagan traditions :p) versions of Christianity.

Also, you don't have to convert or any of that. By a "Hellenized Turkey" I mean a Turkey where Greek traditions replace religious fervor and people become proud of their Anatolian Greek ancestors. Optional Greek classes at school wouldn't be bad, but they're probably better off with English now anyway.
By Vanasalus
Also, you don't have to convert or any of that. By a "Hellenized Turkey" I mean a Turkey where Greek traditions replace religious fervor and people become proud of their Anatolian Greek ancestors. Optional Greek classes at school wouldn't be bad, but they're probably better off with English now anyway.

I recently read an article on TDL's study on Turkish words borrowed by other languages. They ranked those languages in terms of the number of words they borrowed from Turkish. The top 5 languages and the number of borrowed words appear to be as follows:

1- Serbian: 8965 :x
2- Armenian: 4260
3- Bulgarian: 3490
4- Greek: 2983
5- Persian: 2969

Thus, my dear “Turkified Serbian” friend... Stop scraping the bottom of the barrel with illusions. Start doing something meaningful with what you actually are. ;)

Hayde bre! :lol:

Lol this is just very stupid. If this were true, […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]