Who are your ideological heroes? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Nets
Sephardi, I find it hilarious that you deride reform Jews in favor of strict Orthodoxy, and yet I myself identify as a Reform/Conservative Jew and am more observant and more religiously educated than yourself. :roll:
By War Angel
This is why I am an antisemite.

This is a list made by Le Rouge, and the fact they're mostly arses (or not, didn't bother to check) has more to do with it being his list, and less with them being Jews.

Orthodox Jews are a small minority of the global Jewish population, particularly outside of Israel.

They're an absolute majority among religious Jews in Israel.

this doesn't change the fact that Reform Judaism is dominant and that Reform Jews are overwhelmingly liberal.

They're Reform because they're liberal, and not liberal because they're Reform. Basically and generally-speaking, Reform Judaism is just a way for American Jews with little to no connection to Judasim and\or the Jewish nation, to feel more 'Jewish'. If they had only realised they don't need to go through all that effort and create a new current in Judaism. They're almost non-existant in Israel - we've got orthodox Jews and secular Jews, and a lot of the secular ones alternate (i.e, when they want some religion, they go to the source, not some feminist new-age crap, and when they don't, they're secular).

Sephardi, I find it hilarious that you deride reform Jews in favor of strict Orthodoxy, and yet I myself identify as a Reform/Conservative Jew and am more observant and more religiously educated than yourself.

Nets, I do respect change, and realise even religion has to change (I'd probably be Conservative Jew, the most awful misnomer a religious group could ever have), but I've seen some of the shit Reform Jews pull, and speaking as a total secular Jew, it offends me. Some of their points are fair, but most of their movement is based on ridiculous, politically-correct idiocy.
By Sephardi
but I've seen some of the shit Reform Jews pull, and speaking as a total secular kike, it offends me. Some of their points are fair, but most of their movement is based on ridiculous, politically-correct idiocy.

They're Reform because they're liberal, and not liberal because they're Reform. Basically and generally-speaking, Reform Judaism is just a way for American Jews with little to no connection to Judasim and\or the Jewish nation, to feel more 'Jewish'. If they had only realised they don't need to go through all that effort and create a new current in Judaism.

These.

Sephardi, I find it hilarious that you deride reform Jews in favor of strict Orthodoxy, and yet I myself identify as a Reform/Conservative Jew and am more observant and more religiously educated than yourself.

You're not. Get off your high horse. Deform Jews believe that their form of Judaism is just as good and holy as Orthodox Judaism which is bullshit because Orthodox Judaism is true Judaism. You've got to be an idiot to believe that Deformist Jews are just as observant as Orthodox Jew. Deform Jews can't even call their temple a "shul" according to the Torah.
By War Angel
Deform Jews believe that their form of Judaism is just as good and holy as Orthodox Judaism which is bullshit because Orthodox Judaism is true Judaism.

There is no 'true' Judaism, at least not one practiced by most Jews. The Karaites (Kara'im) are probably the sole remainder of the non-rabbinical form of Judaism. Orthodox Judaism is far from uniform (just as an example - Dati Leu'mi and Haredi are both orthodox), and has also been subject to change.

It's just not as trendy as Reform Judaism, which is the result of mid-to-late 20th century fads, like feminism, consumerism and political-correctness. These are also largely American values, and not Jewish ones.

Deform Jews can't even call their temple a "shul" according to the Torah

'Shul' is a Yiddish word, (derived from the German 'schule', meaning school), and is therefore not even mentioned in the Torah\Tankah, which are almost all in Hebrew.
By Sephardi
'Shul' is a Yiddish word, (derived from the German 'schule', meaning school), and is therefore not even mentioned in the Torah\Tankah, which are almost all in Hebrew.

They are not a Jewish shul though. They can't call their teachers Rabbis or anything because they don't abide by true Judaism which is Orthodox Judaism. People who follow the whole Tanakh follow Judaism. People who believe that the Torah is the way of life and that it is the word of God follow Judaism. Not some people who can't even be arsed to wake up in the morning and put on Tefillin so they believe that it is "just a ritual" and not true Judaism. You can't "reform" a religion. Deformist Jews should just accept the true fact which is that they can't be bothered to perform all these rituals just like I can't and that's why they became Deformists.
Last edited by Sephardi on 02 Nov 2009 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
By War Angel
They can't call their teachers Rabbis or anything because they don't abide by true Judaism which is Orthodox Judaism.

They can, and do. They even call some women 'rabbis', and those women put on kippas\yarmulkes, men's clothes and grow a beard. :lol:

People who follow the whole Tanakh follow Judaism.

There is a lot more to Judaism than just the Tanakh. There are literally thousands of books after it.

People who believe that the Torah is the way of life and that it is the word of God follow Judaism.

Sounds to me like you're confusing Judaism with Christianity, and perhaps Islam. The Torah\Tankah are not the 'word of God', but the telling of our people's history, trials and laws. Only the Ten Commandments, the very basic laws of humanity, are believed to have been delivered from God.

Not some people who can't even be arsed to wake up in the morning and put on Tefillin so they believe that it is "just a ritual" and not true Judaism.

Adhering to rituals involving objects is a sign of paganism, and is strictly non-Jewish.

You can't "reform" a religion.

You can, just like you can everything else. Today's Orthodox Judaism is also different from Orthodox Judaism of 500 years ago, and rightly so.

Deformist Jews should just accept the true fact which is that they can't be bothered to perform all these rituals like me and that's why they became Deformists.

I'm quite certain you don't follow all Mitzvahs. You've broken a few with this post alone. ;)

Your over-emphasis of rituals and their importance is worrying, and very much like the sick, twisted face of Judaism that is the Haredi way.
By Sephardi
I'm quite certain you don't follow all Mitzvahs. You've broken a few with this post alone.

I just told you that I don't follow the rituals. I don't follow the Mitzvah but I still fast and keep holiday's out of respect for my tradition.
By War Angel
I just told you that I don't follow the rituals. I don't follow the Mitzvah but I still fast and keep holiday's out of respect for my tradition.

Oh, right, sorry. Misread that part. :)
By Rancid
Hitler
By Jackal
Benito Mussolini
Friedrich Nietzsche
Giovanni Gentile
Julius Evola
Galeazzo Ciano
Francisco Franco
Antonio de Oliveira Salazar
Getulio Vargas
Alberto Fujimori
Rafael Trujillo
Oswald Spengler
Charles de Gaulle
Plato
Louis Gabriel Ambroise de Bonald
Ferdinand II of Aragon
By Sgt Pepper
John Lennon: The man of great music and peace. (He had some cool glasses as well)
Otto von Bismarck: This guy knew how to keep a peace when he wanted to. He was a politically strong person and he was a great nationalist. "Whoever speaks of Europe is wrong: it is a geographical expression."
Adolf Hitler: I don't admire his nazism, but his economic and animal protection and rights policy.
Adolf Ehrnrooth: Great Finnish soldier, commander and patriot. "Finland is a good country. It is the best for us Finns. It is worth of defending and it's only defenders are the people of Finland'
By a777pilot
Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller Quotes
"Paper-work will ruin any military force"
- Lieutenant-General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
- Lieutenant-General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

When an Army captain asked him for the direction of the line of retreat,
Col Puller called his Tank Commander, gave them the Army position, and ordered:
"If they start to pull back from that line, even one foot, I want you to open fire on them."
Turning to the captain, he replied "Does that answer your question?
We're here to fight." At Koto-ri in Korea
- Chesty Puller at Koto-ri in Korea
(From "Marine: The Life of Chesty Puller" by Burke Davis)

"The mail service has been excellent out here, and in my opinion this is all that the
Air Force has accomplished during the war."
- Chesty Puller in a letter to his wife while in Korea

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!"
- Chesty Puller motivating his men at Chosin Reservoir

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "real Marines". "
Major General Chesty Puller, USMC - while on a Battalion inspection.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
- Attributed to Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
(I have found three versions of this one)
The quotes may not be Chesty Pullers,
but may instead have been said by General O.P.Smith

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of
us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

"They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an
enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!"
When the Marines were cut off behind enemy lines and the Army had written
the 1st Marine Division off as being lost because they were surrounded by 22
enemy divisions. The Marines made it out inflicting the highest casualty
ratio on an enemy in history and destroying 7 entire enemy divisions in the
process. An enemy division is 16500+ men while a Marine division is 12500 men.

"They are a damn site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they
will be there in the morning."
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

"there are not enough chinamen in the world to stop a fully armed Marine regiment
from going where ever they wont to go"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
By Potemkin
I'm beginning to like this Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller guy.... :D
By Groih
This ones tough for me, I'd go with

Clement Atleee, Tommy Douglas, Tony Benn, Dennis Kucinich and if I feel particularly left, Marx, Trotsky and Lenin.
By Kman
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of
us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Haha brilliant :D .
By Northern-Anarchist-X
Mark Steyn's columns make me want to lock myself in a room and never speak to another human being again. For fear they might agree with him.

Political Correctness sucks but it's effectively the only views he espouses in his columns, other than the Judeo-Christian-Western fad.
By Darth Corleone
General George Washington
General Winfield Scott
General John J. Pershing
General George S. Patton
Admiral Chester Nimitz
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
General David Petraeus

(just to name a few)

... Heroes for making my "ideology" possible for over 200 years

By Jackal
Darth Corleone,

Are you a current/former member of the military? If so, can you expand?

It's not just Mapuche, there are other indigenous[…]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]

What confuses me much more is the question what t[…]

I said most. A psych prof once said that a colleg[…]