The Perennial Society - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
By Donna
slybaldguy wrote:A religious cult led by a repressed homosexual. What could possibly go wrong?

Paradigm is the leader of the Perennial Society. I am simply the facilitator. Please see the OP for more details on this PoFo club.
By fuser
As a matter of historical record, you are incorrect, fuser. The concept of 'leftism' was invented during the French Revolution (the 'leftists' were those members of the National Constituent Assembly who sat on the left; the 'rightists' were the conservatives and moderates who sat on the right of the Assembly. Those leftists - the original 'leftists' - were Deists almost to a man. Robespierre, for example, tried to impose the Cult of the Supreme Being as the official state religion of the French Republic, and even dressed up in robes and everything.

This is just semantics and I am pretty sure everyone understood what I was referring to with the term, "far left". What next, I am not leftist because I am sitting on right and original leftists used to sit on left.

One-sided atheism, taken to extremes, can become a disguised form of fundamentalism. As I told Drlee, at the heart of unbelief there is faith and at the heart of faith there is unbelief.

Of course and I agree but this isn't related to my point (i.e. My point was not that atheist can't be fundamentalist of course they can be) which was that you simply can't label anyone fundamentalist just because his/her opinion differs from you regardless of person being religious or atheist. As I said it has become a new fad just like how (in leftist circles) if you don't agree with me you are a dirty fascist.
I was calling you a fundamentalist because you were asserting that our mere entertaining of religious ideas makes us incapable of being consistent Marxists or leftists. Instead of showing where our usage of Marxist/leftist analysis was incorrect due to our religious beliefs.
By Donna
Well said. In fact, it was fuser's trolling that inspired the idea of the club. He's still trying to undermine it. Though he denies it, the existence of this club deeply bothers him. I am not sure why, though it could be the result of a traumatic experience with the Hindu priestcraft.
That is equally unfair though Donald. India seems more like Russia in 1917 in regards to religion than like the west with full commercialized religion dominating the stage. This had an effect on the most clever communists in history.
By Donna
Dagoth Ur wrote:That is equally unfair though Donald. India seems more like Russia in 1917 in regards to religion than like the west with full commercialized religion dominating the stage. This had an effect on the most clever communists in history.

Those are a lot of sweeping statements.
By Eauz
Where is the Kool-Aid?
By fuser
Dagoth wrote:I was calling you a fundamentalist because you were asserting that our mere entertaining of religious ideas makes us incapable of being consistent Marxists or leftists. Instead of showing where our usage of Marxist/leftist analysis was incorrect due to our religious beliefs.

I was doing no such thing and even If I had, it wouldn't had made me fundamentalist, its ridiculous to call someone fundamentalist just because of difference in opinion. Btw I am still saying that if a person is religious he can't be a consistent leftist all the time. One has to go to great lengths to justify his/her religious (metaphysical) beliefs with materialism associated with leftism (Before Potemkin comes in, yes I realize that there can be no such thing as pure materialism but here I am talking about a specific brand of materialism). I am not saying that a religious comrade is counter revolutionary or anything or should be purged (other than jokingly).

Donald wrote:Well said. In fact, it was fuser's trolling that inspired the idea of the club. He's still trying to undermine it. Though he denies it, the existence of this club deeply bothers him. I am not sure why, though it could be the result of a traumatic experience with the Hindu priestcraft.

No. I started trolling (joking) after you floated the idea, it was just a joke as I explained in PM after I thought that you are taking it (my posts) too seriously.

Also, really how am I undermining it or how can I even undermine it? Seriously there is no such intentions, you are getting upset too easily recently.
By Potemkin
Where is the Kool-Aid?

We're saving it for when the flying saucers arrive to transport us to Rigel IV. Be patient, Eauz.
By Donna
Fuser has been conspiring against this club from outside of the forum itself, through other mediums of communication. Almost everything he says is trickery.
By jimjam
Dagoth Ur wrote:We all are in our own ways.

Right on D.U. I see your post received no responses

also

I love the insult "Troll" when what is it we all are doing but trolling our way through life?
By fuser
I am a minion of great satan who joined PoFo for the sole purpose of destroying the holy Perennial society.
ComradeTim wrote:Jesus. H. Does nothing ever get done on this site?

There aren't going to be any new groups created for the foreseeable future.

@FiveofSwords Also, don't get too hung up on g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]