End of Phosphorus Rersources will lead to Moon Colonialisation - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
It was said that Washington's turds were strong enough to cut glass.

The same reason China's rise (and others) coincides with a decline in the West. There is just so much wealth to go around. All you do is redistribute it. The earth also does not have the resources for more than a billion people to live at Western Standards for long.
The same reason China's rise (and others) coincides with a decline in the West. There is just so much wealth to go around. All you do is redistribute it.

This is demonstrably not true. There is more wealth in the world now than there was in, say, the 18th century. And there was more wealth in the 18th century than there was, in say, the Neolithic. Human labour power, working on natural resources, creates wealth. And that wealth accumulates over historical time.
This is demonstrably not true. There is more wealth in the world now than there was in, say, the 18th century. And there was more wealth in the 18th century than there was, in say, the Neolithic. Human labour power, working on natural resources, creates wealth. And that wealth accumulates over historical time.

You are making reference to periods when the human population was close to 1 billion. We have exceeded the optimum point where there are surplus resources to create increased wealth. How do you explain the coincidental economic problems of the West with the increase of wealth in the East? It should have produced increased wealth for both, but it did not. The wealth of the West was simply transferred to the East. This is not that straight forward due to international corporations, but still holds true in principle.
You are making reference to periods when the human population was close to 1 billion. We have exceeded the optimum point where there are surplus resources to create increased wealth. How do you explain the coincidental economic problems of the West with the increase of wealth in the East? It should have produced increased wealth for both, but it did not. The wealth of the West was simply transferred to the East. This is not that straight forward due to international corporations, but still holds true in principle.

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense, One Degree. The current economic woes of the West are not due to China's economic expansion, but to the mismanagement of the economy by our economic and political ruling elite. Their greed and stupidity led to the collapse of the West's financial system. And far from benefiting China, this crisis actually slowed down their growth slightly - after all, if the West experiences a recession, then who's going to buy all the shit they make in their factories? China needs the West, just as the West needs China. Far from rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of the West's imminent economic collapse, the Chinese ruling elite are looking on with a growing sense of concern. You seem to regard economics and international trade as a zero-sum game, rather like an 18th century mercantilist. I thought that Adam Smith had put those ideas to bed once and for all, but apparently not.... :eh:
'm sorry, but this is nonsense, One Degree.

You took so long I did not know whether to be disappointed in you, or admire you for not wanting to hurt my feelings. :lol: Yes, I was spouting mostly bullshit.
Potemkin wrote:I'm sorry, but this is nonsense, One Degree. The current economic woes of the West are not due to China's economic expansion, but to the mismanagement of the economy by our economic and political ruling elite. Their greed and stupidity led to the collapse of the West's financial system. And far from benefiting China, this crisis actually slowed down their growth slightly - after all, if the West experiences a recession, then who's going to buy all the shit they make in their factories? China needs the West, just as the West needs China. Far from rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of the West's imminent economic collapse, the Chinese ruling elite are looking on with a growing sense of concern. You seem to regard economics and international trade as a zero-sum game, rather like an 18th century mercantilist. I thought that Adam Smith had put those ideas to bed once and for all, but apparently not.... :eh:

Yes we must spread the resources more effectively, one must look no further then the success of the Soviet Union to draw our motivation from.... Communist stfu after all these failures just stfu

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]