Donald Trump Announces “Dishonest Media Awards” Reveal Set For Day After Golden Globes - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
DEADLINE

by Lisa de Moraes

January 2, 2018 5:30pm

No doubt anticipating more blow-back in his general direction at Sundays sure-to-be-highly-charged Golden Globe Awards, President Donald Trump tweeted Tuesday evening that, the day after the awards ceremony, he will announce winners of his new “MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR.” All-caps are his.

Trump’s ceremony, which we imagine will emanate from the White House – marking the 235th Thing That We Never Thought We Would Write As Having Happened At the White House to happen since Trump moved in a year ago – is set for 5 PM, he tweeted, presumably meaning ET time.

Details are sketchy. Categories, Trump said, will include “Dishonest” and “Bad Reporting” in “various categories” in “Fake Media.”

Trump did not say how winners would be chosen but, given his authoritarian tendencies on full display in his Tuesday morning tweets, it’s probably safe to put your money on Trump picking the winners himself.

If so, this will, tragically, mark another trophy competition from which Fox News will be shut out, however deserving, Trump declining to include Fox News in any of his “Fake News” screeds.

At last year’s Golden Globe Awards, held 12 days before Trump was sworn in as the 45th President of the United States, Meryl Streep gave what would have been the best political speech of the White House race cycle. Except, of course, it was delivered exactly two months after Trump had been elected, as she accepted the Cecil B. DeMille Award.

Never mentioning the president-elect by name, Streep told attendees and viewers at home: “There was one performance this year that stunned me — it sank its hooks in my heart. Not because it was good; there was nothing good about it. But it was effective, and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh, and show their teeth.

“It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter,” she continued, referencing the November 2015 speech in which Trump twisted and flailed his arms in imitation of a New York Times reporter who had written an article in 2001 when working for the Washington Post, of which Trump did not approve.

Streep’s full-throated political speech was the talker of the night. In his response, via a late-night interview with New York Times and on Twitter, Trump called her “one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood,” a “Hillary flunky” and “one of the liberal movie people,” among other remarks.

Meanwhile, here’s Trump’s tweet announcing his new trophy ceremony:

Should be entertaining.
Lol. CNN obviously going to be number 1 winner.

To be honest with you the Golden Globes have deserved their own Razzie version for years. Someone else could have done it much earlier. But glad the President is making it happen at least on Twitter... Lol.

The award name?

The Fakies?

The award should be shaped as an elongated golden Pinocchio nose...

If so, this will, tragically, mark another trophy competition from which Fox News will be shut out, however deserving, Trump declining to include Fox News in any of his “Fake News” screeds.

Megyn Kelly was working for Fox News till fairly recently. So no Fox News technically won't be fully shut out. Favourites to retroactively win Worst Female Reporter.....
colliric wrote:Lol. CNN obviously going to be number 1 winner.

To be honest with you the Golden Globes have deserved their own Razzie version for years.

Then MSNBC will be a close second. I will be anxious to see if I agree with him. Sometimes fake news reports from the New York times and Washington Post are picked up as if true by the the liberal TV media. They never fail to report negative news against Trump, but hardly ever report anything good he does. You have to go to Hannity of FOX News for that. Praise the Lord.
Rugoz wrote:Jeez, chop his head off already.

I wonder if Breitbart's going to be on the list now that Bannon has fucked him from behind.

The guy that wrote that book is from the far left and is known for misquoting people. One person that is quoted in that book has already denied saying what the author supposedly quoted him as saying. He said I never said that. We haven't heard anything from Bannon yet. Of course, Trump is going to come back on him immediately. That is just Trump doing his thing. But Bannon was fired from the White House for leaking.
colliric wrote:Lol. CNN obviously going to be number 1 winner.

To be honest with you the Golden Globes have deserved their own Razzie version for years. Someone else could have done it much earlier. But glad the President is making it happen at least on Twitter... Lol.

The award name?

The Fakies?

The award should be shaped as an elongated golden Pinocchio nose...

Megyn Kelly was working for Fox News till fairly recently. So no Fox News technically won't be fully shut out. Favourites to retroactively win Worst Female Reporter.....

Just President complaining about media who won't join in the cult of personality,.

Trump is lies so often, he honest even recognise the truth,

Trump supporters talking about media lies. Pot Kettle Black. People who lack self awareness.

Irony.
I’m so glad we have a president who not only has enough time to play more golf than any other President by this point (costing the US tax payer nearly $100,000,000 already), but also has the time to dick around with some stupid fake awards show.

I’m guessing if I cost my employers that much money and did so little, I wouldn’t have a job.
The Immortal Goon wrote:I’m so glad we have a president who not only has enough time to play more golf than any other President by this point (costing the US tax payer nearly $100,000,000 already), but also has the time to dick around with some stupid fake awards show.

I’m guessing if I cost my employers that much money and did so little, I wouldn’t have a job.

I actually had no idea how stark that would be. The GOP is the one that generally whine about this, and they’re so much worse than the Dems.

The Dems, naturally, are so incompetent that they offer no excuses and take the beating like bitches though.

How can anybody root for either of these bourgeois assholes?
That would be damaging, were it not for the circumstances surrounding his presidency, giving him ample excuses to deflect the calumny of his detractors. The left-leaning media-establishment is an incompetent circus troupe that no one really takes seriously anymore. The average person will think the obvious: perhaps he wouldn't need to take that many days off if he was treated more fairly by the media.
How can anybody root for either of these bourgeois assholes?

I ask a similar question about how people root for sports teams.

Right in this moment there are plenty of reasons to at least be slightly hopeful for the dems to win if only to stop some of the stupider shit going on right now.
Hindsite wrote:Then MSNBC will be a close second. I will be anxious to see if I agree with him. Sometimes fake news reports from the New York times and Washington Post are picked up as if true by the the liberal TV media. They never fail to report negative news against Trump, but hardly ever report anything good he does. You have to go to Hannity of FOX News for that. Praise the Lord.

As usual all you interested is whatever protrays you selected team in the best light regardless of facts,

Are you really so comfortable in media environment that is little more than a cult of personality cheer squad?

Have you no interest in reality?
Nothing says "I'm totally not butthurt over this" like starting your own award show.

Anyway, can't wait to get home and read Wolf's new book, which is 100% true and only confirms what we already know:

-Trump is a moron
-Everyone around him thinks he's a moron
-Trump is barely literate
-His brain is broken
-Everyone around him is incompetent
-This is the most shitshow amateur hour presidency ever

Just imagine GE, Exxon, or any other business in the world letting a reporter hang out in and wander around their offices for a year with no oversight, no limitations on what can be quoted, practically just forgetting he was there like a fucking Dilbert cartoon where someone was mistakenly left off an org chart. Thank god we have President Businessman running such a well oiled machine over there at the White House fucking lmao.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Anyway, can't wait to get home and read Wolf's new book, which is 100% true

Tony Blair joined Trump in labeling the book, which included "conspiracy theories" involving him, as fake news and trashed the Journalist that wrote it as being part of the problem "of politics today".

You're being betrayed by members of your own mainstream-left political persuasion.
Thanks, guy who watches Infowars and would totally purchase Alex Jones' bullshit products if not for international shipping prices.

Also I don't see why you would think appealing to the awe inspiring authority of Tony Blair would convince me.

Anyway, my favorite part about this thing is that Trump will continue raging against the book, driving up sales and making it appear more legitimate, but will never be able to read it because of his broken brain and early education level of literacy.

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]