Riots in Paris after France wins the World Cup - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Who was justifying riots? We're merely saying that it's not linked to immigration or race, as you imply it is. It was a few riots, the kind that often happen after sporting events. You don't need to project your racism onto something that isn't racial.

Good post, @Oxymandias. QFT.
@Hong Wu

You have done absolutely nothing even address my point. This post isn't about what you said, but everything about your ideology in general. Your thought is overall severely underdeveloped due to your utter unwillingness to properly address the topics you discuss. Furthermore, you are only confirming my belief that your thought is all talk and no substance. You use terms such as "historical revisionism" liberally with no regard as to what historical revisionism is nor giving the people reading this thread even a glimpse as to what you mean by it in this context. It seems to me you call anything you don't like historical revisionism, a habit surely adopted from the various conservative sources you frequent.

Also, while I agree that the analogy I presented to depict your intentional blindness towards the topics you discuss, this does not delegitimize my argument. It's merely nitpicking at best given that, whether the analogy is present or not, it only compliments my point; my argument doesn't hinge on this analogy.

No one is saying the riots are good. In fact, the only people who happen to have a remotely positive reaction to this riot and the property damage that went along with it are two conservatives, Albert and noir who are happy for these riots because it validates their beliefs somehow. Even you are somewhat fine with it, reacting to news of the riot in a "I told you so" kind of manner.

Quick note, not everyone knows what you mean and you can't rely on the fact that everyone knows what you mean either.
RAW: Chaos at France's World Cup celebrations leaves 2 dead, more than 500 arrested

Two dead, more than 500 arrested in France as fans riot after World Cup win
16 Jul, 2018 15:50

https://on.rt.com/9aev

Hours after the nation’s football team clinched the World Cup in Russia, elation was replaced by an eruption of violence and rioting on the streets of France that left two people dead and saw more than 500 people arrested.

Les Blues claimed the country’s second World Cup with a 4-2 win over Croatia at Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow on Sunday, adding to the maiden win at their home tournament at France 98.

Joy turned to tragedy when ugly scenes broke out across the country. It is reported that more than 500 people were arrested during the evening after the win and around 100,000 police officers were out on the streets.

A further 44,000 firefighters were called in to deal with the scenes and a further 845 cars were vandalised during the disturbances. Metro services and other public transport were temporarily suspended at the height of the disturbances.

Crowds assembled en masse all across the country following win, which cemented France’s second World Cup win in 20 years, French National Reserve Police were called in to use tear gas and water cannons to quell crowd disturbances.

A 50-year-old man was reported to have died after he broke his neck jumping into a shallow canal and a further person died in the city of Annecy in the country’s southeast. In the northern town of Saint-Felix, a man in his thirties was reported to have died after driving his car into a tree while celebrating the country’s win.

Similar scenes had plagued France’s previous World Cup matches against Uruguay and in their semifinal win over Belgium, which included flares being set off near the famous Arc de Triomphe and a heavy police presence in the streets.
from the article wrote:A 50-year-old man was reported to have died after he broke his neck jumping into a shallow canal and a further person died in the city of Annecy in the country’s southeast. In the northern town of Saint-Felix, a man in his thirties was reported to have died after driving his car into a tree while celebrating the country’s win.

To put this into perspective, Edmonton, a city with less than 1 million people, had some riots after losing a major hockey series, and over 300 people were arrested.

The deaths in France seem more incidental, than related to the riots.
Only need to look at England fans after they beat Sweden in this world cup:

"England fans invade IKEA store as they jump up and down on furniture after win over Sweden."
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-fans-cause-havoc-ikea-12875830

"World Cup 2018: England fans smash up ambulance and wreck bus stop during delirious celebrations after Sweden win"
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/england-world-cup-fans-sweden-celebration-ambulance-ikea-bus-stop-london-win-a8437026.html

But they were white so @noir doesn't mention it. Strange that.

Also, @colliric that first photo is NOT the current France team.
@noir (Meant noir, sorry Albert. ;))

Have you read 'The Rush to Europe: Young Africa on the Way to the Old Continent', yet?

The threat Europe is facing if it refuses to close and control the borders is examined by Stephen Smith, an expert on Africa and admired by French President Emmanuel Macron, in his new book, The Rush to Europe: Young Africa on the Way to the Old Continent. Today, he notes, 510 million Europeans live in the European Union with 1.3 billion Africans facing them. "In thirty-five years, 450 million Europeans will face some 2.5 billion Africans, five times as many", Smith predicts. If the Africans follow the example of other parts of the developing world, such as the Mexicans in the US, "in thirty years", according to Smith, "Europe will have between 150 and 200 million Afro-Europeans, compared with 9 million today". Smith called this scenario "Eurafrique".

Should be interesting, as we'll be seeing more of these riots in the near future.
@The Sabbaticus

Dude, most of the participants in these riots are white. You just can't tell the difference between a white person and an African. Any white person with sun on them, according to every conservative in this thread, is Arab or African. Furthermore, the idea that these riots are done by Arabs and Africans makes no sense when you consider the fact that all Arab countries were out of the World Cup weeks before France won. Why didn't the riots start then instead of now? Everything about this notion makes no fucking sense. I find it ironic that the guy who professes rationalism believes in such an blatantly irrational theory that makes no sense to anyone with a hint of common sense.

I would also like to know where he got those sources from given that most migration came from refugees in Syria and not Africa. "He notes" is the academic equivalent to "I pulled this out of my ass".
@noir

First, don't pretend you know what "ze liberals" are talking about. You clearly are out of touch with anything even somewhat related to liberalism. This is notified by how you bundle liberals into one big group.

Second, this only makes your conspiracy theory even more stupid given that there would be no reason for Arabs or Africans to riot since rioting against France winning would also be basically opposing their own demographic. In fact there is more evidence which points to the riots started by white French conservatives who are angry that a majority black, Muslim team representing their country won the World Cup based on the information you have given here.

Third, I have no idea how these tweets are supposed to paint Muslims in a bad light. In fact, it displays how good they are rather than how bad given that they won the fucking World Cup with the rest of their team. You'd have to be both fucked up and delusional to think that these tweets are inherently bad in any way.

The last tweet in particular is a Muslim saying NOT to only celebrate Muslims but Frace as a whole. If anything, this disproves your conspiracy that Muslims don't assimilate by showing you someone who not only has assimilated but encourages the native French population to interact with them as if they have assimilated.
noir wrote:The images show the change of culture.

The only thing these images show is terrible video editing done by trolls for fake news. Your fake videos and pictures by the twitter troll accounts are no longer acceptable in here. Use reputable sources if you want to carry on with your blatant propaganda.

Banned for a week for trying to argue forum rules and no you do not get to decide what is and what is not a reputable source. You have already been warned since last week not to spam the forum with troll twitter accounts.
Last edited by noir on 17 Jul 2018 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Oxymandias wrote:@noir

"Oh no! My entire argument makes no sense! How can I possibly redeem my conspiracy theory now? Oh, I know, why not post a comic! That definitely makes sense and is definitely a reputable source of actual news!"

Cartoons are pretty cool, the comic is not the issue, the issue with her fake picture was that it was not a cartoon painted by the Palestinian claimed by noir as one can browse through his latest cartoons online, it was a fake cartoon done by some troll who then splattered the Palestinian guys name using photoshop and even that was such low quality it was not even funny.
@Albert

I guess it would be anything that is true or was said. In the case of the cartoon noir posted, it was not drawn by a Palestinian as noir claimed and is thus false. The point of removing that post is not to make PoFo a "safe space" but to make sure it doesn't end up as a cesspool of misinformation and filth like Reddit or something. This site, at least in the eyes of noemon, is of a higher standard than that. No matter how much debate you do, it is impossible to debate someone who would rather spam propaganda tweets than properly engage with you.

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O