Black people in Sports - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

#14933752
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide evidence that black slaves of French people were selectively bred to be better athletes.

I don't know about active selective breeding as farmers have been doing for livestock since the dawn of history but the life of a slave was apparently a particularly punishing one, especially on the ships during the crossing of the Atlantic. That would have been a selection pressure for general hardiness in itself.
#14933754
SolarCross wrote:You are too kind. I do try to orientate myself to the light, if only to work on my tan.


I just think its encouraging to see men who aren't worthless arguing for the truth of things. Just make sure you breed and keep your kiddies in the same light ;)

We don't need more low I.Q. SJWs running around ruining our civilization.
#14933756
SolarCross wrote:I don't know about active selective breeding as farmers have been doing for livestock since the dawn of history but the life of a slave was apparently a particularly punishing one, especially on the ships during the crossing of the Atlantic. That would have been a selection pressure for general hardiness in itself.


If you want to make up more unsupported hypotheses, go ahead. I fail to see how this supports any claim already made or how it relates to the topic.
#14933760
Missus V. Spolia. wrote:I just think its encouraging to see men who aren't worthless arguing for the truth of things. Just make sure you breed and keep your kiddies in the same light ;)

We don't need more low I.Q. SJWs running around ruining our civilization.

Well I did manage to squeeze out one son but what I lack in quantity I made up for in quality for he is genius level and nobody's fool least of all the SJWs for whom he is in complete contempt.

All respect to you for producing both quality and quantity. :)
#14933761
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide evidence that black slaves of French people were selectively bred to be better athletes.


I never claimed this, you really are a troubled fellow? I don't see what you have to gain by intentionally mis-characterizing people. Its almost like you don't really want to have a conversation at all.

My husband must have saintly patience to engage with you as often as he does.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Selective breeding between slaves with the aim of developing particular physical traits was uncommon however,[3] as most slaves were unrestricted in their choice of sexual partners


No it doesn't, because the slave owners purchased the strong males and the curvy females (showing higher estrogen levels) at the market, so letting them freely breed once on the farm was no different than selective breeding, as the selection was made at market for preferred traits. Likewise, slave merchants, knowing this demand for healthy slaves would have then pursued better quality stock in Africa knowing market demand.

So thats just silly.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So the team is French, and your problem is with their skin colour


My problem is that they are NOT french people, and yes the french ethnic group is a white ethnic group. :lol:
#14933762
SolarCross wrote:Well I did manage to squeeze out one son


I do hope it was your wife who did the squeezing-out and not you!

Otherwise, I am really confused. :D
#14933766
Missus V. Spolia. wrote:I never claimed this, you really are a troubled fellow? I don't see what you have to gain by intentionally mis-characterizing people. Its almost like you don't really want to have a conversation at all.

My husband must have saintly patience to engage with you as often as he does.


You claimed that Fench slaves were bred and this makes them better athletes.

Please provide evidence for this claim.

I have patiently requested evidence for your claims and so far, you have not provided any.

On the other hand, I have already provided evidence disproving the claim that slaves in the US were bred in such a way as to promote certain traits.

No it doesn't, because the slave owners purchased the strong males and the curvy females (showing higher estrogen levels) at the market, so letting them freely breed once on the farm was no different than selective breeding, as the selection was made at market for preferred traits. Likewise, slave merchants, knowing this demand for healthy slaves would have then pursued better quality stock in Africa knowing market demand.

So thats just silly.


Please orovide evidence for this claim.

My problem is that they are NOT french people, and yes the french ethnic group is a white ethnic group. :lol:


So when I asked if you thought that only whites could be French, why did you not simply answer in the affirmative?
#14933769
Pants-of-dog wrote:So when I asked if you thought that only whites could be French, why did you not simply answer in the affirmative?



Because you were deceptively conflating citizenship with race.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Please orovide evidence for this claim.


No, common sense is evidence enough.

Thats like asking if people breathed oxygen in A.D. 90 before we had any way of recording it, at some point one has to assume the obvious.

Slave owners didn't buy weak looking slaves, they bought them for a purpose which implies a selection process that would not have occurred in Africa.

This doesn't require proof, you just need to look at how dumb the opposite is.

Like saying that slave-owners purchased infertile females or weakling males, or were indifferent altogether.

Thats just stupid.

Pants-of-dog wrote:You claimed that Fench slaves were bred and this makes them better athletes.


But that is not what you asked me to prove. Now you are being dishonest just to be dishonest. You asked me to prove that french bred blacks to be atheletes, a claim I never made, and when I called you out on mischaracterizing my position you suddenly change your tune.

I don't want to debate with someone who is not interested in a conversation and just prefers to lie and be dishonest about what others say.
#14933771
Missus V. Spolia. wrote:Because you were deceptively conflating citizenship with race.


So when you say “the french [sic] ethnic group is a white ethnic group”, you are not doing the same thing?

No, common sense is evidence enough.

Thats like asking if people breathed oxygen in A.D. 90 before we had any way of recording it, at some point one has to assume the obvious.


It is also common sense to think that the Earth is flat, but no one with any intelligence actually thinks so.

Slave owners didn't buy weak looking slaves, they bought them for a purpose which implies a selection process that would not have occurred in Africa.

This doesn't require proof, you just need to look at how dumb the opposite is.

Like saying that slave-owners purchased infertile females or weakling males, or were indifferent altogether.

Thats just stupid.


This whole tangent is irrelevant.

I have laready provuded evidence showing that your claim (about selective breeding of slaves) is incorrect.

But that is not what you asked me to prove. Now you are being dishonest just to be dishonest. You asked me to prove that french bred blacks to be atheletes, a claim I never made, and when I called you out on mischaracterizing my position you suddenly change your tune.

I don't want to debate with someone who is not interested in a conversation and just prefers to lie and be dishonest about what others say.


If that is not your claim, then please present evidence for your actual claim.

If there is confusion about your claim, please repeat your claim clearly so that we know what it is.

As far as I can tell, you are claiming that slaves in French colonies were selectively bred. You are also claiming that this breeding is one of the reasons why blacks are supposedly better athletes.

If I am wrong about what you are claiming, then please clarify your claim and provide evidence for it.
#14933775
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is also common sense to think that the Earth is flat, but no one with any intelligence actually thinks so.


I am a flat-earther actually, and this is an ad-hominem.

Pants-of-dog wrote:you are not doing the same thing?


Nope.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I have laready provuded evidence showing that your claim (about selective breeding of slaves) is incorrect.


Your so-called evidence did nothing of the sort.

Nice spelling though.

Anyway, i'm not wasting my time with you.

I have already demonstrated my claims beyond possibility of refutation and you have already been caught being dishonest and you can't make up for it now.
#14933777
Missus V. Spolia. wrote:I am a flat-earther actually, and this is an ad-hominem.


Please note that you completely missed or ignored my point.

Common sense is often wrong. Therefore, your arguments need evidence or will be dismissed as unsupported assertions.

Nope.


Then what are you doing when you claim that French people can only be white?

Your so-called evidence did nothing of the sort.

Nice spelling though.


Lol. Your husband also focuses on my spelling when he cannot refute my claims.

Anyway, i'm not wasting my time with you.

I have already demonstrated my claims beyond possibility of refutation and you have already been caught being dishonest and you can't make up for it now.


The evidence I provided showed that slave owners in the US did not breed slaves for specific traits, therefore the claim that this has an effect on black athletes today is incorrect.
#14933779
PoD's point is that the advantage of Black Athletes in sport are more likely organic instead of bred by white folks. And he is correct to assert that or to try and push you towards a direction in which you will have to acknowledge that, your assumption that this level of natural selection process would not have occurred in Africa is misplaced and if you want to talk common sense then clearly you are wrong because if you did watch football you would notice that the majority of Black players playing in Europe have actually been born in Africa. This is true for the Spanish League, Serie A, Greek League, and of course for the Premier League too. However he is doing that in the most obtuse way possible and PoD you have not provided evidence that they did not conduct such breeding, your quote only suggests that that they were bred in quantities to make more free slaves for the slavemaster, the article does not deal at all with whether the slave masters were choosing the finest specimen for their breeding programs which one can safely assume that they were indeed. You are however going the wrong way in making your point with which I agree with.

Aside from that, Missus V Spoila, you are raising the issue as to whether non-white people should represent their countries.

Well there are many arguments to that effect, first of all it is up to the country itself to have whoever she prefers representing her, and not just the administration but the common people too. I do not know any white French people that are less happy with their achievement because of the colour of their team, and I know quite a few French people. If you watched European football you would know that the French take pride in calling their team "Tricolore" in reference to the 3 colours of their flag but as many would tell you also in reference to the 3 ethnic colours of their team(white, black and brown).

Second, as long as they fulfil the criteria for eligibility then that's that.

Third, the US Dream Team rarely has any white people in it but Americans seem very happy about all the trophies, same goes for the American Olympians.
#14933785
Ya the US Olympic team buys foreigners citizenship so they can compete for us all the time. All the countries with money do it. I agree that it goes against the "spirit" of national competition, but this spirit has pretty much always been masturbatory displays of prowess by whatever means necessary. There also isn't really anyway to avoid it since sovereign nations can grant citizenship however they please and any dispute as to whether someone is a "real" citizen will be met with whataboutism I'm sure.
User avatar
By Rancid
#14933787
I just want all of you to know, that while you are all arguing about race. FIFA officials are making out with boat loads of money!!

noemon wrote:Third, the US Dream Team rarely has any white people in it but Americans seem very happy about all the trophies, same goes for the American Olympians.

USA USA! USA!
#14933790
I see my wife came back just long enough to start another PoFo shit-storm about race-relations. :lol:

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Red_Army wrote:Ya the US Olympic team buys foreigners citizenship so they can compete for us all the time. All the countries with money do it. I agree that it goes against the "spirit" of national competition, but this spirit has pretty much always been masturbatory displays of prowess by whatever means necessary. There also isn't really anyway to avoid it since sovereign nations can grant citizenship however they please and any dispute as to whether someone is a "real" citizen will be met with whataboutism I'm sure.


Yeah, this basically answers what my wife was likely getting at.

Ultimately, teams don't give a shit about representing their country or demographic, only about winning and the dollar-sign.

That pretty well explains the why of what we see regarding the ethnic make-up of teams.

Whether blacks were bred or are just better at sports is kinda irrelevant, the motive is market-based for doing it, though I agree with you and her that it seems weird when your team is not reflective of the fan-base, like at all.

I don't care what anyone says, a team representing China that is made up of 100% Somalis seems a bit off to me.

It seems to take away from the spiritual aspect of the victory. I mean, if an all somali team wins the cup for China, it seems like less of a win for China than if it had been done with a Chinese team made up of ethnic Chinese.

Its an interesting, albeit pointless, observation.

But there is something to it. It is interesting to think about.
#14933795
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I don't care what anyone says, a team representing China that is made up of 100% Somalis seems a bit off to me.


China is too nationalistic for this to ever happen. I wouldn't put it past China to selectively breed ethnic Chinese for sports though.
#14933800
Rancid wrote:China is too nationalistic for this to ever happen. I wouldn't put it past China to selectively breed ethnic Chinese for sports though.


Truth.
#14933801
Rancid wrote:China is too nationalistic for this to ever happen. I wouldn't put it past China to selectively breed ethnic Chinese for sports though.

You mean ethnicism, right? :eh:
Vote For Me You Lying Racist!

2020 is shaping up to be even crazier and more fun[…]

Trump and Russiagate

Barr is the Senate confirmed US Attorney General […]

Nadler himself lectured that a partisan impeachmen[…]

You cannot govern when you have zero credibility.[…]