US Open: Naomi Osaka defeats Serena Williams; US Open shocked, lionizes Williams; shames Osaka - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Igor Antunov wrote:That was a shamfur dispray!

Apparently the cartoonist and his family are receiving death threats. Reminds one of what happens to cartoons who draw Mohammad the terrorist cartoons.

See, what I would like to know is how a cartoonist could depict Serena without it being interpreted as racist. But I have read it is also sexist. How?

Anyway, the Herald has responded to critismism with a big ‘fuck you’. There really is no other way to respond to PC reactions like this.
Red_Army wrote:The whole cartoon was obviously spawned by a dipshit racist who heard half of the story and made this cartoon. You're an idiot if you don't think this is racist.

I think you are reading too much into this. Its a fucking cartoon RA.

wipe the sand out of your pussy.

The gist is that Serena is acting like a big baby, you have to infer the monkey comparison and the other "player" is just a generic stand-in, not specifically Osaka. Case-closed.

This over-sensitivity to racism is silly, just as Serena's claim to being mistreated on the basis of her gender is nonsense. She is literally the Tiger Woods of Women's Tennis, the idea that officials would intentionally discriminate against her on the basis of her sex has got to be biggest case of SJW crybaby bullshit and poor sportsmanship i've seen in awhile.
Well since you are a racist I don't think I'm reading too far into this... Why would you even bother to comment on this? You aren't making foxdemon look any less racist by coming to his defense.

The other player being a "generic stand in" is racist. I'm not upset about people like you creating racist content, but I will acknowledge that it's racist. You seem just as upset as any post on here about people calling things racist so we can go back and forth about who's triggered all day. Again I wish you people would just admit that you hate N***** and stop hiding behind logic nerd bullshit that only other racists accept carte blanche.
Red_Army wrote:Serena's opponent: Naomi Osaka is half Haitian, half Japanese. Tell me @foxdemon does that depiction look half-Haitian and half-Japanese to you? The whole cartoon was obviously spawned by a dipshit racist who heard half of the story and made this cartoon. You're an idiot if you don't think this is racist.

For someone who doesn't care about this issue it sure seems like you care a lot.

Only a bunch of whiny bitches in the camp Serena, and the perpetually outraged internet mob care about the drawing.

If you don't like how Osaka or Williams is portrayed, why don't you go commission your own caricatures of them.
Last edited by maz on 12 Sep 2018 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
You shouldn't use three negatives in a sentence @maz. For someone who "isn't a racist" you certainly seem to always come out on the side of racists. I said that I wasn't offended, not that I didn't care. I'm pretty used to racism so it doesn't affect me. That being said I think it is stupid and I hope your diabetes does God's work a little faster ;)
Here we go, another RA bitch-fit where he calls everyone racist when they try to point out that he has too much sand in his cunt. :lol:

Calling people racist is not an argument, likewise, you could enjoy, with great pleasure, making fun of blacks, asians, alaskans, etc., without hating them and wanting them dead.

How you can go from "the stand in character in the background of this political cartoon about Serena's public meltdown happens to be generically white" to "You all need to admit you hate N******" is quite the stretch but is not surprising given SJW logic; which amounts to "if you don't hate yourself for being white, then you are literally hitler."

Who is being the triggered nancy here RA? Seriously, you are throwing a tantrum about a cartoon being mean because serena looks like herself and there is white character in the background. Big fucking deal.

When you make everything racist, nothing really is anymore.
What's your take on Charlie Hebdo @Red_Army?

I can understand why people would consider the drawing racist. But I suspect that it was more exaggeration of features like every caricature drawing rather than intent. The only question mark is the opponent? But I suspect there was no actual malice even here and people are just getting worked up over nothing. Very little I agree with VS. But this whole issue seems proof that we are in times of peoples feelings getting hurt far too easily - and mostly over nothing and crying over split milk is the norm. And this distracts or merges true racism with 'feeling like I must be a victim' every time.

Perhaps the human race is getting too soft.
B0ycey wrote:Perhaps the human race is getting too soft.

The west is getting too soft, which is why we have a long overdue ass-whopping come down the pike from harder, more patriarchal, and more tribal peoples.

It will be well-deserved and the best thing for us.

I hope I live to see it.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:The west is getting too soft...

Perhaps you are right. The fight for justice is becoming the fight to victim blame anyone for the sakes of excuse. Society doesn't do happy mediums it appears.

I wonder what the media reaction would have been if it was Osaka who received three violations? Would there be an issue with sexism or race then? Would the umpire be slated by upholding the rules? Why does Serena seem to have support of clear violations of the rules that no other sports person has? She was clearly in the wrong. Are illustrators or media personal meant to look the other way?
Oxymandias wrote:AFAIK Arabs, Persians, and Africans are still just as soft as Westerners. The "tribal" terrorists you keep on thinking about are edgy, whiny, depressed second to third generation immigrants who feel isolated by the society they were born in.

You inferred the specific nationalities, I could have been talking about Mexicans in my specific American context, but you jumped straight to the middle-east.

This is off-topic anyway, its seems you have been doing this a lot lately, doing off-topic defense for middle-easterners. Its like a weird little obsession of yours lately.

Not talking about terrorists etc, specifically.

But, the foreigners coming into the west do tend to be more religious, more familial, and more traditional than the native population; which is sufficient for my point.

The weakness of western values is the fertile soil underlying its behavior, that there is some weakness in middle easterners of the same generation is nice and all, but the middle-east isn't exactly known for being the harbingers for the SJW movement. :lol:

Quit trying to make every thread into your personal diatribe about how enlightened the middle east was, is, and will be and how said regions continue to be only insignificantly different from the west (while implying that they are inherently superior and the west robbed them of their rightful place in the world).

Its becoming a tiresome exercise to get into ad verbosium sermantical debates with you surrounding your soft-variant of post-colonial grievances.

@B0ycey

You wrote:

Why does Serena seem to have support of clear violations of the rules that no other sports person has? She was clearly in the wrong. Are illustrators or media personal meant to look the other way?

I suppose my answer to this is that we've come to a place where certain charges are immediately determined to be valid purely in virtue of their being levied.

Think about it, a ton of the guys accused in the #MeToo movement have not been, and may never be, tried in a court of law, but they have already been ruined by the mere accusation. Its not that they are guilty or not guilty, but the seriousness of the charge in the public's opinion. Crucify Him! Crucify Him!

It doesn't matter if Serena was in the wrong, if there is any conceivable way the improper power dynamics existed in this scenario, then the cause could theoretically be placed on the official. Was he a man? Yes, thus that he was sexist is automatically probable given the dynamics of power imbalances and institutional oppression of women in history (all leftists ideas FYI).

The charge could be enough to end his career and it is enough to bring support in for Serena from the world of outrage.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:
Think about it, a ton of the guys accused in the #MeToo movement have not been, and may never be, tried in a court of law, but they have already been ruined by the mere accusation. Its not that they are guilty or not guilty, but the seriousness of the charge in the public's opinion. Crucify Him! Crucify Him!

I don't believe the #metoo movement has much impact in current attitudes, but since the rise of social media, liberty and social justice has become a witch hunt. All good causes and intentions are becoming victim blaming. So much so that the innocent are getting caught in the trap of their own making. Is there any difference with Charlie Hebdo's right for free speech and Herald Sun's? Not in my eyes. So are we to ban all satire cartoons on the basis they might offend?

It doesn't matter if Serena was in the wrong, if there is any conceivable way the improper power dynamics existed in this scenario, then the cause could theoretically be placed on the official. Was he a man? Yes, thus that he was sexist is automatically probable given the dynamics of power imbalances and institutional oppression of women in history (all leftists ideas FYI).

The issue I have now is that Sexism by officials wasn't even brought up before this match. If there is an unfair balance in actions between males and females, why has it only been realised now? The stats actually state there isn't an uneven balance btw. So to me this is Williams coming up with an excuse in heist after the match and her supporters seeing things that aren't there for the sakes of justice for justice sakes.

The charge could be enough to end his career and it is enough to bring support in for Serena from the world of outrage.

The ITF have backed Ramos, it is the WTF that opposed his actions. The opinion on his actions are divided actually. But he kept to the rules. So I don't understand why there is any division at all. It appears to me that because Serena is a superstar she can't be wrong to some. That is fine until the all the players start playing up on court and use her as a reason why they shouldn't be punished. And they would be right to do so.
I agree a bit with @Red_Army, it's weird to me that they would draw Osaka as white and blonde.

Ultimately Williams is a cry baby though.

Here's the thing about sports. NEVER EVER leave the game in the hands of a the referees/umpires. If your win/loss is due to calls from the refs/umps, then it means you didn't play well enough to take that variable out of the game.

Basically, if you are really good, the refs calls against you won't matter.
Rancid wrote:it's weird to me that they would draw Osaka as white and blonde.

I don't think they were attempting to draw Osaka per se.

I think the blonde was just a generic stand-in, the point was Serena's behavior.
Rancid wrote:I agree a bit with @Red_Army, it's weird to me that they would draw Osaka as white and blonde.

The umpire is portrayed as white and the Osaka character and the umpire are not even the same color. She is almost the same color as Williams.

She's portrayed with blonde hair because the ends of her hair are dyed blonde.

I think we've hit peak SJW with this.
maz wrote:She's portrayed with blonde hair because the ends of her hair are dyed blonde.

That is a super lame reason if true.

I think it is more down to the fact the artist didn't know who Williams opponent was and was only commissioned to draw Williams having a fit on the court. The rest is just pure over reaction.

Ireland joins South Africa in the charges of genoc[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Everything is good here, @wat0n :)

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]