Qin Shi Huang.... Why is one of the World's most famous Tyrants considered a hero to mainlanders? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Potemkin wrote:As C.G. Jung once pointed out, "The penis is merely a phallic symbol." ;)

I'd argue with that but "The penis is itself a phallic symbol!" might be true.

Potemkin wrote:Everything has something to do with the penis, Beren. But nothing can be achieved in reality without doing violence to reality. All life is an interspecific struggle for survival and dominance. How can it be otherwise? The trick is to achieve the right balance between co-operative and competitive behaviour.

A rapist's philosophy perhaps? You just replace women with reality (although you actually mean society), but that may be too Freudian for you.

And no matter how I'd respond to @Victoribus Spolia's post it'd be too Freudian too, however, Freudism could be applied in extreme cases. :lol:
Beren wrote:I'd argue with that but "The penis is itself a phallic symbol!" might be true.

The phallus is the master signifier, whereas the penis is merely a fleshy appendage. I guess it's useful, because it at least allows men to pretend we possess the phallus. ;)

A rapist's philosophy perhaps? You just replace women with reality (although you actually mean society), but that may be too Freudian for you.

Andrea Dworkin once argued that all heterosexual intercourse, whether consensual or not, is a form of rape. She has been roundly ridiculed for this even by other feminists, but I think she was making a serious point. Men penetrate, and women must submit to that penetration.

And no matter how I'd respond to @Victoribus Spolia's post it'd be too Freudian too, however, Freudism could be applied in extreme cases. :lol:

Poles and holes, the world is full of poles and holes.... :excited:
Potemkin wrote:Andrea Dworkin once argued that all heterosexual intercourse, whether consensual or not, is a form of rape. She has been roundly ridiculed for this even by other feminists, but I think she was making a serious point. Men penetrate, and women must submit to that penetration.

:lol:

How about men being passive during intercourse? However, it should obviously be the woman's choice if she wants to dominate or be dominated because she's physically weaker, which means she defines the sexual relationship, and it's legitimate if we consider the possible consequences of sexual intercourse. As a matter of fact the women's role is the central role, whereas men are only peripheries sexually.

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]