What type of countries are the USA and Canada? - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14966945
One Degree wrote:Only the immature care about such trivial things.
More Ad hominems. :lol:

No argument. Just insults, is it?

Speech is an action. That's simply fact. Speech spurs people to action. That's also a fact. The law reacts to actions(speech, or otherwise) as well as intent. You have no argument, so go back to your ignorant childish insults. They suit you.
#14966946
Pants-of-dog wrote:And yet you are bothered whem people use the words "Nazi" or "white".


I am not asking the government or even Pofo to stop them, so I obviously am not all that bothered other than the stupidity involved.
#14967019
Godstud wrote: The law reacts to actions(speech, or otherwise) as well as intent. You have no argument, so go back to your ignorant childish insults. They suit you.

Yeah, Canada and the USA are the kinds of countries where people only fake being moral and kind in order to make money and get sex. In the last two pages, a bunch of trollers are pretending to "get" the thread, but can only offer Nazi memes, like the kind you could find in a junior high school.

This is part of our problem here as well. People with little interest in complex thought like to dominate conversations in Canada and the USA in order to keep them "safe," meaning "void of new ideas." The Nazi criticising thing is pretty old guys. But it's safe. Are you also wearing bicycle helmets while you type?

And besides, we have great laws to control "Nazi speech" because we really hate what THEY DID... in order to forget the much worse crimes that WE DID and STILL DO.

NAZI is just a competing brand for the USA and Canada.
#14967026
I agree with your post @QatzelOk, but I still think calling all conservatives nazis is funny because they get mad about it.

Calling anti-nazis the real nazis is stupid though. Even if they wanted to exterminate all the nazis that's like .01% of the population whereas nazis wanted to kill like 80% of the world. Someone advocating for the "genocide" of ideological nazis is more on par with someone who wants to exterminate pedophiles 8)
#14967029
Canada & the USA are myths invented by people who want to feel a certain way.
QatzelOk wrote:Yeah, Canada and the USA are the kinds of countries where people only fake being moral and kind in order to make money and get sex.
A large majority of roleplayers behave exactly like this. However, we mustn't pretend that such a generalization covers a multitude of attitudes. The freedom of religion enables many different sects to impose their myths too you know. And this is what makes the bickering so much fun. To see who can set the next trend, invest in the best exit strategy, and thumb a nose or gesture "I made it" to the neighbor.
In the last two pages, a bunch of trollers are pretending to "get" the thread, but can only offer Nazi memes, like the kind you could find in a junior high school.
AS a cosmic man, I too differentiate the knickers from the bockers, lest me (turn that frown upside down) we end up like Ichabod Crane. Dwellers, in a sleepy digital hollow. Posters without glory(holes), I suppose. A jolly bunch of trollers need to get their rocks off (*cough*cough, let me check for a cultural hernia).
This is part of our problem here as well. People with little interest in complex thought like to dominate conversations in Canada and the USA in order to keep them "safe," meaning "void of new ideas."
How else would one run a replacable parts factory, Qatz? The precision of predicatibality is sufficient and stable. Complex thought is the sum amount of experience retrieved by memory. Most people are land-locked.

"They cannot look out far. They cannot look out deep. But when was that ever a bar to any watch they keep?" -Robert Frost

The Nazi criticising thing is pretty old guys. But it's safe. Are you also wearing bicycle helmets while you type?
My dear Watson, from cliché to Archetype. :lol:

And besides, we have great laws to control "speech" because we really hate what WE DID... in order to forget the much worse crimes that WE DID and STILL DO.
Huh, :?: What's this? See, I went to fix your quote, and then I realized... You know what I know! The Nazis live inside us. :eek:

NAZI is just a competing brand for the USA and Canada.

They want to play a certain game.
#14967334
Red_Army wrote:I agree with your post @QatzelOk, but I still think calling all conservatives nazis is funny because they get mad about it.

Once again, here, you reveal much more about the kinds of countries the two OP mentions are than you intended.

Here, our social conversation is so media-created that it's actually really, really dumb, and very immature.

Our standard development "maximum" age is 18. That's as mature as most North Americans get.

And... we have been so dumbed down by Orwellian businessman-speak, that our "conservatives get mad when you call them Nazis."

Our conservatives usually aren't conservatives at all, "liberal" means "something different and fresh; new trends," and most people are believers in God and the Inivisible Hand which translates into private prisons and schools and hospitals, and lots of guns and pickup trucks.

It's not hard to fool us: our minds are constantly being primed with commercial ignorance.
#14969271
Here's a poignant quote from another article, by Hamid Dabashi, that explores the American soul.

Hamid Dabashi wrote:This widely accepted idea of the benign essence of the "American soul", however, has never been questioned and the opposite assumption - that it is not intrinsically good - has never been critically examined.

So might it be that exactly the opposite proposition is true: That this "American soul" might, in fact, be precisely what we now see in Trump and Trumpism, institutionalised not just in the heinous history of slavery but even earlier than that - in the genocidal history of American conquest and slaughter of native peoples?

And that the whole sustained history of US thuggish militarism on almost every continent on planet earth, waging wars, toppling regimes, instigating military coups is its natural manifestation?

We may, in fact, be hard pressed to find a single moment in American history when hateful racism, sexism, militarism, and xenophobia have not been entirely definitive to this "American soul".

Could this "American soul" perhaps be something entirely diabolical, perturbed, vicious, vindictive, monstrously greedy from the get-go?


His conclusion is that Donald Trump is a good example of the American sould through the ages.
For people who don't like Donald Trump, perhaps it's really the USA that you don't like?
#14969277
QatzelOk wrote:Here's a poignant quote from another article, by Hamid Dabashi, that explores the American soul.



His conclusion is that Donald Trump is a good example of the American sould through the ages.
For people who don't like Donald Trump, perhaps it's really the USA that you don't like?


You don’t see the obvious flaw in this reasoning? He is describing humans and only applying it to Americans. A typical deception today of blaming Americans for human flaws.
A delusion the world would be any different with another dominant power. It is irrational.
#14969910
One Degree wrote:You don’t see the obvious flaw in this reasoning? He is describing humans and only applying it to Americans. A typical deception today of blaming Americans for human flaws.

He's not describing the humans I know. He's describing "exceptional humans" who don't have to play fair with other humans.

A delusion the world would be any different with another dominant power. It is irrational.

This is like saying that "any rapist" would do the same thing. Perhaps the world needs to be without any superpowers for it to survive and its cultures to thrive?

Eastern Europe has a lot more freedom now that the dead hand of their superpower has been clawed off. America has done much more harm on a much bigger scale than the USSR.

And little brother Canada is always there to help the bully to kill foreigners, as long as there is some money in it for Canadian 1 percenters.
#14970024
QatzelOk wrote:He's not describing the humans I know. He's describing "exceptional humans" who don't have to play fair with other humans.
This is like saying that "any rapist" would do the same thing. Perhaps the world needs to be without any superpowers for it to survive and its cultures to thrive?

Eastern Europe has a lot more freedom now that the dead hand of their superpower has been clawed off. America has done much more harm on a much bigger scale than the USSR.

And little brother Canada is always there to help the bully to kill foreigners, as long as there is some money in it for Canadian 1 percenters.


My guess is also the world would be better off without super powers. Where would Eastern Europe be today if the US did not exist as a Russian adversary? They owe their independence to the US and they know it.
#14970079
One Degree wrote:My guess is also the world would be better off without super powers. Where would Eastern Europe be today if the US did not exist as a Russian adversary? They owe their independence to the US and they know it.

Yes, and any socialist country in Latin America owes its survival to the USSR - the other superpower.

What if neither superpowers were able to exist? Wouldn't Eastern Europe have been a lot better off without the dead hand of either corrupt empire?

ALSO::: What is it about the citizens of the central empire nation-state or its satellites, who think that the violence their country exacts on other, helpless countries is "doing good?"
#14970085
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, and any socialist country in Latin America owes its survival to the USSR - the other superpower.

What if neither superpowers were able to exist? Wouldn't Eastern Europe have been a lot better off without the dead hand of either corrupt empire?

ALSO::: What is it about the citizens of the central empire nation-state or its satellites, who think that the violence their country exacts on other, helpless countries is "doing good?"


Obviously I agree or I could not honestly promote my ideology. However, it also requires a change in people’s thinking or you just have more warring factions. I would say the super powers have reduced war without much of a change in thinking. Without a dedication to non interference, small countries won’t accomplish much and might even increase violence.
#14970090
One Degree wrote:small countries won’t accomplish much and might even increase violence.

This is difficult to prove.

Large empires have lead to the (forced) industrialization of the world, and the devolpment of continent-busting weapons.
How is this better than small countries held in check by their own neighbors?
Or small bands of paleolithic humans held in check by lack of murderous arms?

Giant, armed-to-the-teeth empires, with trillions of dollars of corrupt bankster and arms dealer profits, and banskters and arms dealers at the top... is sold to people in North America as "peace and good governance."

This is another telltale sign of our manufactured stupidity. Living on our army barracks cul-de-sacs, the North American soldier (all of us) is on a need-to-know basis with reality.
#14970097
QatzelOk wrote:This is difficult to prove.

Large empires have lead to the (forced) industrialization of the world, and the devolpment of continent-busting weapons.
How is this better than small countries held in check by their own neighbors?
Or small bands of paleolithic humans held in check by lack of murderous arms?

Giant, armed-to-the-teeth empires, with trillions of dollars of corrupt bankster and arms dealer profits, and banskters and arms dealers at the top... is sold to people in North America as "peace and good governance."

This is another telltale sign of our manufactured stupidity. Living on our army barracks cul-de-sacs, the North American soldier (all of us) is on a need-to-know basis with reality.


Most accept war has declined since WW II, and the rise of super powers. I didn’t bother to source because as you say it is difficult to prove as there are more factors than war to consider.
We also don’t know if this ‘longest peace in history’ will come to a devastating end. All we can say is it seems to have limited war for now.
Without major powers, it would be possible for a UN to enforce peace on aggressors. This would be an important improvement. Alliances would need to be banned for this to work.
#14970133
One Degree wrote:Most accept war has declined since WW II, and the rise of super powers. I didn’t bother to source because as you say it is difficult to prove as there are more factors than war to consider.
We also don’t know if this ‘longest peace in history’ will come to a devastating end. All we can say is it seems to have limited war for now.
Without major powers, it would be possible for a UN to enforce peace on aggressors. This would be an important improvement. Alliances would need to be banned for this to work.


You are correct, war deaths per population size are at all time lows over the last 5-7 thousands years. The belief is this is due to interdependent economies.
#14970163
Rancid wrote:You are correct, war deaths per population size are at all time lows over the last 5-7 thousands years. The belief is this is due to interdependent economies.

"We blow up the world more slowly now and kill fewer people, because the diseases we have spread are taking their toll on our victims."

The millions of migrants that need to flee their dying countries simply don't have the weapons or stregnth to fight anymore. So they will simply die of starvation, rather than war.

And a calm before a storm, isn't the same thing as a long-term trend.
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

I will accept your analysis from your perspective[…]

Back to the same question you refused to answer. […]

China is providing free education to its wayward […]

Is magic being resisted by the selection of a corr[…]