#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 68 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

AFAIK wrote:I'm talking about the metoo movement, which has upset the careers of multiple men. What are you talking about 1D?

I am just not following your train of thought. Do you think this ⬆️ is good or bad?
About a women who sexually aggresses me everytime she drinks alcohol, skinster wrote:My guess is you're more powerful than her so can defend yourself if need be ...

If you mean I can PHYSICALLY defend myself, you're right, but what use is having superior strength in this case?
If I were to do anything that utilized my strength, I would be socially scorned for being "yet another male asshole." No one would empathize with "poor 6 foot 2 male" being sexually groped by a female who is shorter and has less arm diameter than me.

Also, when it comes to SOCIAL strength, this lady is far stronger than I am as she is much more entwined in neighborhood gossip and has other women onside with her regarding "men as objects." Women often have social connectedness that escapes most males, and they can use this to be abusive and dominant.

You are trying to de-emphasize the social violence of many women by making this all about "physical" violence (which is where men shine), but social violence (whomever the perpetrator, male of female) is what makes the physical violence possible and desirable in the first place.

Both genders have an equal potential for groping and unrequited love, so we all have to be a lot more understanding than yelling "METOO!" everytime someone touches you without signing a contract.
AFAIK wrote:@One Degree, I think employers should be able to fire employees without having to go to court and prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty of violating their terms of employment.

The problem is most employers can fire you for no reason. They don’t have to prove you violated anything. It is also a difference between a company with 10 employees firing for political views and a company of 100,000.
We live in a world of mega corporations that have more power than countries. They need to be broken up or held to the same standards as countries.
What do you guys think of that Hannah Gadsby speech.

Overall, I think it was a very poorly delivered speech. I don't understand the media goo goo gaa gaa over. I think she had a very hard time driving home a main point. I had to think about it and listen to it to try and figure out her main point. I think I did sort of figure it out though.

Here's what I think she's saying:
- People in power cannot be expected to police themselves. In this case, she's talking about men being in power.
- The above makes the assumption that men have all the power in the world.
- Thus, we need something external to those in power to police (decide what's right and wrong) for those in power.
- Thus, in the case of men, we need women in particular to set out those rules.

What I think about this:
- Her speech, ignoring the content and just analyzing it as a speech was poorly delivered. Extracting the above points was very hard for me to do. It wasn't a speech. Anyone that thinks it was a good speech is a moron in my opinion.
- I agree 100% with the underlying premise that those in power cannot be excepted to police themselves.
- I disagree that men have all the power, and that only men are setting the rules for what's right and wrong. I'm sure there are things that can be improved, but the idea that only men decide what's right and wrong in our society is just bullshit.
- Ultimately, I didn't see a clear and precise call to action after everything she said. Thus it's a shitty speech. What's her point, what is she asking us to do exactly?
What was I thinking! :roll:

According to the FBI's Uniform Crime Statistics Report for 2017 and Census estimates for 2017, the U.S. demographic break down is approximately 62% White (non-Hispanic), 18% Hispanic and 13% Black.

The crime break down for 2017 is 55% White, 16% Hispanic and 27% Black.

For Murder it is 29% White, 15% Hispanic and 53% Black.

For Rape it is 47% White, 21% Hispanic and 29% Black.

Blacks commit crime overall about double the rate of the general population and about three time the rate for Whites and Hispanics.

For murder it is about 5 time the rate of Hispanics and 9 times the rate of Whites.

For rape it is about 2 times the rate of Hispanics and 3 times the rate for Whites. :p
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We produce large amount of drones and other robot[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the White[…]

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (worl[…]