Migrant Caravan from Guatemala Approaching US, Just in Time for the Midterms! - Page 36 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hundreds-s ... s-morning/

I doubt anyone remembers, but I predicted ‘child abuse’ would be the Democrats next tactic at the time they were insisting children not be separated. Their dishonesty to disguise their intent to supply cheap labor for business interests and votes for themselves is truly disgusting.
Seriously dude. I read your article. How in the name of all that is holy can you parse that story into something about the so-called caravan, not o mention democrats wanting cheap labor? You are coming off your skids guy. I thought to report this as off-topic. But I will play your silly game.

You accuse democrats: "Their dishonesty to disguise their intent to supply cheap labor for business interests and votes for themselves is truly disgusting."

Let's deal with the voting issue first....Immigrant, legal or illegal can't vote. Ok? And they will not be able to vote at all for a very long time. And when they do, they may not vote democrat. (Witness Cubans.)

Then. Explain this. Why does Donald Trump employ dozens of foreign workers at Mar Lago? To get votes? I think not. The republicans are the assholes when it comes to foreign workers. They are the party of big business and do they even think about workplace enforcement? When they had the house, senate and the presidency did they move to block foreign worker visas. Nope. Your God Trump employs the shit out of them and you have somehow figured out that the democrats......

Stupid thinking. Just stupid. Typical. But stupid.
Drlee wrote:Seriously dude. I read your article. How in the name of all that is holy can you parse that story into something about the so-called caravan, not o mention democrats wanting cheap labor? You are coming off your skids guy. I thought to report this as off-topic. But I will play your silly game.

Let's deal with the voting issue first....Immigrant, legal or illegal can't vote. Ok? And they will not be able to vote at all for a very long time. And when they do, they may not vote democrat. (Witness Cubans.)

Then. Explain this. Why does Donald Trump employ dozens of foreign workers at Mar Lago? To get votes? I think not. The republicans are the assholes when it comes to foreign workers. They are the party of big business and do they even think about workplace enforcement? When they had the house, senate and the presidency did they move to block foreign worker visas. Nope. Your God Trump employs the shit out of them and you have somehow figured out that the democrats......

Stupid thinking. Just stupid. Typical. But stupid.

I can understand your confusion. I should have explained my thinking more thoroughly. I believe the political parties employ very smart people to figure out strategy. They first must get the idea planted. This story plants the idea of child abuse at camps being related to isolation from parents. You are right that it seems unrelated to immigration. I believe this is intentional, but it also creates an easy connection to immigrants separated from their families facing the same abuse. This is doubly important if they don’t have much proof of actual abuse. It won’t matter because the connection is already established.
This allows greater pressure not to separate which will actually put immigrant children in greater danger to actual abuse with more adults around. This can then be used to argue against detention all together.
I realize you will think this is a far fetched conspiracy, but let’s see how it plays out before confining me to the looney bin.
It probably won’t take long.
Stormsmith wrote:@One Degree

You seem to have forgotten GWBUSH said the Mexicans etc were necessary to do the jobs Americans wouldn't. Obama was, I believe, the one that started to kick them out in a meaningful way.

Obama also supported catch and release. The fact Republicans and Democrats may both support the same thing is not surprising. Trump is not Bush, so that leaves Democrats as the public supporters with Republicans assisting behind the scenes. You may have noticed the Republicans are making no attempt to pass Trump’s main proposals on immigration.
Trump business empire shuns E-Verify, hires illegal immigrants

Just five of the 565 companies in President Trump’s business empire are signed up to use E-Verify, the government’s best tool to weed illegal immigrants out of the workforce, according to a Washington Times analysis that suggests the president could personally be doing more on that front.

Mr. Trump’s golf courses in Charlotte, Los Angeles and Miami, his hotel in Washington, D.C., and a hotel he operated in New York are signed up.

But his marquee Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida is not signed up, nor are his golf courses in Virginia, Philadelphia or Bedminster, New Jersey — where, The New York Times reported Thursday, some illegal immigrants have been working for years.

One of them, Victorina Morales, a Guatemalan woman who jumped the border in 1999, has been at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster for more than five years, making Mr. Trump’s bed, cleaning his toilet and dusting his golf trophies, the newspaper reported.

“I never imagined, as an immigrant from the countryside in Guatemala, that I would see such important people close up,” she said, in Spanish — though she also complained to the paper about Mr. Trump’s “abuse, the insults, the way he talks about us when he knows that we are here helping him make money.”

Ms. Morales did fill out some immigration-related employment documents for the Trump golf club, but those were likely I-9 forms, which illegal immigrants regularly fill out using fake identities and Social Security numbers — and are rarely caught.

The newspaper said she bought counterfeit documents in New Jersey that she gave to the golf club, though she said her employers appeared to know her illegal status, particularly after they changed her duties once Mr. Trump started running for president.

Experts said Mr. Trump’s companies could have avoided the embarrassment if they’d signed up for E-Verify, the federal government’s online portal that does a thorough check of new hires, querying Social Security and Homeland Security information to make sure someone is eligible for work.

“Any person who runs for any elected office should immediately sign up for E-Verify for any employee situation they have, whether they’re running their own businesses, whether they’re hiring labor at home, whatever it is, just as a matter of pure common sense,” said Rosemary Jenks, government relations manager for NumbersUSA, which has long called for E-Verify to be made mandatory for all businesses.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Trump business empire shuns E-Verify, hires illegal immigrants

[list]
Just five of the 565 companies in President Trump’s business empire are signed up to use E-Verify, the government’s best tool to weed illegal immigrants out of the workforce, according to a Washington Times analysis that suggests the president could personally be doing more on that front.

Mr. Trump’s golf courses in Charlotte, Los Angeles and Miami, his hotel in Washington, D.C., and a hotel he operated in New York are signed up.

But his marquee Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida is not signed up, nor are his golf courses in Virginia, Philadelphia or Bedminster, New Jersey — where, The New York Times reported Thursday, some illegal immigrants have been working for years.

One of them, Victorina Morales, a Guatemalan woman who jumped the border in 1999, has been at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster for more than five years, making Mr. Trump’s bed, cleaning his toilet and dusting his golf trophies, the newspaper reported.

“I never imagined, as an immigrant from the countryside in Guatemala, that I would see such important people close up,” she said, in Spanish — though she also complained to the paper about Mr. Trump’s “abuse, the insults, the way he talks about us when he knows that we are here helping him make money.”

Ms. Morales did fill out some immigration-related employment documents for the Trump golf club, but those were likely I-9 forms, which illegal immigrants regularly fill out using fake identities and Social Security numbers — and are rarely caught.

I read that Ms. Morales is now legal. That is why she was so willing to come forward. However, I think Trump should at least fire her to set an example.
I read that Ms. Morales is now legal. That is why she was so willing to come forward. However, I think Trump should at least fire her to set an example.

No. He should fire the manager who hired her and institute eVerify in all of his enterprises. If not he should be prosecuted.
An admitted liar tells a story to the liberal press and it is accepted without question? Lol

I see. You believe that Ms. Morales is lying. And upon what do you form those beliefs?

But speaking of liars.......
Drlee wrote:I see. You believe that Ms. Morales is lying. And upon what do you form those beliefs?

But speaking of liars.......

She admitted she lied on the forms she filled out. She lied about being a citizen. These are her own words. Obviously, she has no problem lying if it benefits her.
Drlee wrote:So you apply the same standard to Trump?

My standard wasn’t really applied to her, it was applied to you and the media for using it as a factual account all on its own.
I would say the same about a story that only included Trump’s side.
What we need is asylum centers in the U.S. Put folks who seek asylum in these centers. Provide adequate housing, nutrition and healthcare similar to what would be provided to military trainees. Provide schooling for minor children and work such as gardening, kitchen work, maintainence of facilities to adult residents. There will be no path to citizenship or legal residence other than through normal channels that exist in their home country. When the need for asylum ends or the residents choose they will be returned to their home country. 8)
Wrong. You should at least read the treaty:

You should have known this: (excerpts from the treaty the US signed:

Country shall:

provide free access to courts for refugees (Article 16)
provide administrative assistance for refugees (Article 25)
provide identity papers for refugees (Article 27)
provide travel documents for refugees (Article 28)
allow refugees to transfer their assets (Article 30)
provide the possibility of assimilation and naturalization to refugees (Article 34)

Provide the refugees the same as other resident aliens wrt:

movable and immovable property (Article 13)
the right of association in unions or other associations (Article 15)
wage-earning employment (Article 17)
self-employment (Article 18)
practice of the liberal professions (Article 19)
housing (Article 21)
education higher than elementary (Article 22)
the right to free movement and free choice of residence within the country (Article 26)

Of course you could assert that the US should not honor its leal commitments. Trump does.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Wouldn't it be nice if Palestine was a state frie[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That's sort of the point I was trying to get it. […]

I doubt capitalism will even exist in a century[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]