Migrant Caravan from Guatemala Approaching US, Just in Time for the Midterms! - Page 43 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
XogGyux wrote:Are you serious? :knife:

Having trouble coming up with an answer? :) That happens when you realize your ‘moral superiority’ is just unjustified self righteousness.
XogGyux wrote:Let me flip it for you to see if you really believe the shit that you say. Would you be OK if we implement their "system" in your town right?

Absolutely if that is what the town decided. I am a local autonomist who believes reality is basically whatever we decide it is. I have found no reason to believe one belief system can be proven to be superior to another.
XogGyux wrote:Congratulations. You are wrong.

Back to the same question you refused to answer. Why am I wrong? You simply keep stating your moral superiority without justifying it. If you analyze where your morality came from, it is the acceptance of another human’s reasoning. This requires you believe this human was superior to other humans.
One Degree wrote:Back to the same question you refused to answer. Why am I wrong? You simply keep stating your moral superiority without justifying it. If you analyze where your morality came from, it is the acceptance of another human’s reasoning. This requires you believe this human was superior to other humans.

You are wrong because:
1. You know you are and you are acting as if you are not because you are a troll
or
2. You are ignorant
That is the answer to your question that according to you, I refused to ask.
You simply keep stating your moral superiority without justifying it.

I justified it, my actions are thus that I do not willingly participate (and if I can, fight against) actions that harm other people in such instances that harm could be avoided and no other additional steps could prevent such harm or greater harm while causing the least amount of pain/distress/harm. Simple.
This requires you believe this human was superior to other humans.

No. This requires me to believe that some human ACTIONS or BEHAVIOR is superior to other ACTIONS or BEHAVIOR. And I indeed do believe that. And you believe that as well regardless of this silly picture you are trying to portray. :knife: . But Nice try trying to sneakily introduce some sort of discrimination so that you could later call foul and racist or some other crap like that.
You are wrong because:
1. You know you are and you are acting as if you are not because you are a troll
or
2. You are ignorant
That is the answer to your question that according to you, I refused to ask.

This ⬆️ is just lashing out irrationally at a truth you don’t want to face, but can’t deny.

I justified it, my actions are thus that I do not willingly participate (and if I can, fight against) actions that harm other people in such instances that harm could be avoided and no other additional steps could prevent such harm or greater harm while causing the least amount of pain/distress/harm. Simple.

So destroying a society that has proven itself for 40,000 years, causes the least harm over the death of one illegal immigrant? How do you justify that? How do you know their isolation is not the correct model for us all?

No. This requires me to believe that some human ACTIONS or BEHAVIOR is superior to other ACTIONS or BEHAVIOR. And I indeed do believe that. And you believe that as well regardless of this silly picture you are trying to portray. :knife: . But Nice try trying to sneakily introduce some sort of discrimination so that you could later call foul and racist or some other crap like that.

No, I see no difference between people in the US wanting to protect their culture from illegal immigrants and the Sentilinese wanting to protect their culture from illegal immigrants. Both justify deadly force.
One Degree wrote:So destroying a society that has proven itself for 40,000 years, causes the least harm over the death of one illegal immigrant? How do you justify that? How do you know their isolation is not the correct model for us all?

Time has absolutely no factor in determining if something is moral or not. You can go into the Amazon and find a tribe that has been sacrificing people, raping women or eating people for 20,000 years, uninterrupted and that is still 100% morally wrong. Slavery was part of humanity for thousands of years and it is still morally wrong. Time does not in any way, shape or form makes something immoral into something moral. In 50,000 years you are still an immoral racist even if you live for that long, time make something immoral into something moral.
Sigh :knife: :?:
Please justify your right to judge a system that has worked for them in protecting their culture for 40,000 years?

Please justify killing immigrants to the US (which you have said we should do) over some minor cultural differences.
XogGyux wrote:Time has absolutely no factor in determining if something is moral or not. You can go into the Amazon and find a tribe that has been sacrificing people, raping women or eating people for 20,000 years, uninterrupted and that is still 100% morally wrong. Slavery was part of humanity for thousands of years and it is still morally wrong. Time does not in any way, shape or form makes something immoral into something moral. In 50,000 years you are still an immoral racist even if you live for that long, time make something immoral into something moral.
Sigh :knife: :?:

Lmao. You are using thinking of this time to condemn the actions of others. Time has everything to do with what we consider moral. Whatever people think at a given time is morality. We rewrite history to reflect this. You want to believe people always believed slavery and killing neighboring people was wrong. Well, surprise, they didn’t.
Drlee wrote:Please justify killing immigrants to the US (which you have said we should do) over some minor cultural differences.

I said illegal immigrants. It is quite simple. The choice of lifestyle of the many takes precedence over the few who wish to change it illegally. This is the basis for civilization.
One Degree wrote:Lmao. You are using thinking of this time to condemn the actions of others. Time has everything to do with what we consider moral. Whatever people think at a given time is morality. We rewrite history to reflect this. You want to believe people always believed slavery and killing neighboring people was wrong. Well, surprise, they didn’t.

No. You think that somehow just because primitive people that in some cases didn't know better did terrible things that were in their time "accepted" absolve them from their immoral actions. Even if time travel was possible, if you go back in time to the time of Ghengis Khan and rape women, you are an immoral person. Plain and simple (the soldiers that raped are also immoral BTW).
One Degree wrote:I said illegal immigrants. It is quite simple. The choice of lifestyle of the many takes precedence over the few who wish to change it illegally. This is the basis for civilization.

Legality has nothing to do with morality. Although something that is immoral is also illegal and some things that are illegal are also immoral the two, although related often, are not dependent on each other.
XogGyux wrote:No. You think that somehow just because primitive people that in some cases didn't know better did terrible things that were in their time "accepted" absolve them from their immoral actions. Even if time travel was possible, if you go back in time to the time of Ghengis Khan and rape women, you are an immoral person. Plain and simple (the soldiers that raped are also immoral BTW).

You would not be immoral in that time, only in this time. You are innocent there and guilty here. So where does that leave your morality? You would need to prove a ‘natural morality’ as VS attempts to do. You don’t do that. You just assume current morality is the correct morality with no justification.
XogGyux wrote:Legality has nothing to do with morality. Although something that is immoral is also illegal and some things that are illegal are also immoral the two, although related often, are not dependent on each other.

Then please explain where your morality comes from?
One Degree wrote:You would not be immoral in that time, only in this time. You are innocent there and guilty here.

No. This would be immoral in BOTH times. It might have been legal in the past, but illegal now. As I said, morality and legality are sometimes related but not everything that is legal is moral and not all that is moral is legal. Owning another person was immoral 500 years ago as it is today. It might have been legal in many places in the past, people guilty of this were doing something inmoral even though they might have not been breaking their law. If you and a woman both willingly get into a rocket and go to the moon and you rape her there, it might not technically be illegal and perhaps you could get away with it but what it is not on dispute is that you would be doing an immoral act.
If you travel back in time and rape a woman from Ghengis khan tribe, you might get away w/ it but you would still be making an immoral act.

Then please explain where your morality comes from?

It comes from my gallbladder.
XogGyux wrote:

It comes from my gallbladder.

This makes sense since you have failed to provide any reason why these acts are immoral in a time when they were not considered immoral. It appears to be something you believe all others should believe because you are superior. You even conveniently forget most of your views of current morality are a Western view being forced upon many people in the world through propaganda. They are not even universally accepted in this time, let alone any other time.
One Degree wrote:This makes sense since you have failed to provide any reason why these acts are immoral in a time when they were not considered immoral. It appears to be something you believe all others should believe because you are superior. You even conveniently forget most of your views of current morality are a Western view being forced upon many people in the world through propaganda. They are not even universally accepted in this time, let alone any other time.

You are the one obsessed with inferior vs superior. I suggest you have a chip in your shoulder, deep down you know you are not good enough for some reason...
Here we go again, explaining to an adult person why rape is immoral. Mr. One Degree. When you sexually assault a woman and forcefully penetrate her.... you are hurting her physically AND emotionally, possibly for LIFE. This is bad because HARMING PEOPLE IS WRONG. Now, you could get away with rape if you did it in a time and place where it was not explicitly illegal or under certain conditions in the modern world (marital rape for instance). You might not go to jail or face prosecution, but you are doing an immoral act REGARDLESS of when in time, or under which jurisdiction you do it. Again, not because something is legal, it is also moral.
XogGyux wrote:You are the one obsessed with inferior vs superior. I suggest you have a chip in your shoulder, deep down you know you are not good enough for some reason...
Here we go again, explaining to an adult person why rape is immoral. Mr. One Degree. When you sexually assault a woman and forcefully penetrate her.... you are hurting her physically AND emotionally, possibly for LIFE. This is bad because HARMING PEOPLE IS WRONG. Now, you could get away with rape if you did it in a time and place where it was not explicitly illegal or under certain conditions in the modern world (marital rape for instance). You might not go to jail or face prosecution, but you are doing an immoral act REGARDLESS of when in time, or under which jurisdiction you do it. Again, not because something is legal, it is also moral.

Strange since I can not be certain humans would even exist without what we call rape today. Our ethnic makeup would definitely be different. Based upon my DNA, I am pretty certain I am only here as a result of rape while murdering others. I have a hard time considering that all bad. :)
No, harming people is not always wrong. We allow it for lots of reasons. We even agree it is okay to kill them if they don’t think the same way we do.
I said illegal immigrants. It is quite simple. The choice of lifestyle of the many takes precedence over the few who wish to change it illegally. This is the basis for civilization.

And people call me arrogant for calling Trump supporters stupid. Go figure.

So we have, in your own words, unequivocally, your support for killing women and children for violating a misdemeanor.

This is sociopathic; a trait shared by many Trump supporters.

And what you are claiming is the "basis for civilization" is "lifestyle".

That is beyond stupid.

I guess that is why it is OK for women to be denied the vote. Right? I mean, my grandmother was not allowed to vote when she turned 21. That change was vastly more profound than the occasional taco stand and Mariachi music on one channel of a zillion channel radio.

So your attitude is the very definition of xenophobia. It exhibits a pathological racism. Why don't you just admit that you are a racist and save us the trouble of fucking with this lengthy argument?

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]