The Trump Shut Down - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By jimjam
#14974738
Donald blustered last week that he would be “proud” to shut down the government, glad to “take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down.”

Then yesterday he babbled: "it will be a Democrat Shutdown!" because the Democrats preferred not to add $5,700,000,000 to the Trump Deficit for an obviously stupid waste of money.

For awhile it seemed that Donald would actually be able to fulfill the minimum requirement of his job: keep the government functioning. Then he was subjected to attacks from "deep state" Donald Land version. Super Star opportunists saw an opportunity to cash in. Right wing wet dream V.I.P. Ann Coulter chimed in with the type of grammar school nonsense that Trump excels in claiming that Donald was a “Gutless President in a Wall-Less Country.” She called Mr. Trump a “gigantic douchebag.” Donald, the intellectual giant that he is, immediately paid Ms. Coulter the ultimate insult in Donald Land …. he "unfollowed" her on twitter. Donald's de facto Chief of Staff Sean Hannity was on vacation and neglected to offer his wisdom but his fill in Dan Bongino served up a cast of ass kissing lackeys to whom he offered his gratitude …. “Thanks for fighting the good fight, guys,” Mr. Bongino said. This was too much for our wise, sensible and level headed POTUS to bear. His penis was being disputed.

Then there is Donald's take on the stock market: "The reason our stock market is so successful is because of me." :lol: I don't have time for that one but, sleep well tonight. America is being run by a "very stable genius" :eek: .
User avatar
By Tainari88
#14974749
Istanbuller wrote:You are wrong. Trump wanted the government shutdown. They are okay with this untill wall funding is granted.



He has to show some cojones somewhere Instanbuller. He has a plan. I know.... :roll: :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/opinions ... index.html
User avatar
By One Degree
#14974805
McConnell shut down.
User avatar
By Godstud
#14974820
We should follow what Trump said in 2013. Truer words were never spoken.



I suppose hypocrisy is something conservatives are good at, though. :knife:
User avatar
By Stormsmith
#14974833
I agree. The reps, the senators, and the president shouldn't be furloughed butmade to work unpaid til the jobs done, but management could be furloughed.
The staff should be brought in to work and paid. They've done nothing wrong and generally speaking, don't have high enough wages to save a lot. To
By Hindsite
#14974849
One Degree wrote:McConnell shut down.

It is true that McConnell wants to continue business as usual and does not want to change the 60 vote super majority rule in this case. However, Schumer is the main reason for the Shutdown, because he believes not funding a border security wall will hurt President Trump politically. Schumer was on the Senate floor demanding Trump abandon building a security wall on the southern border if he wants the government reopened. It is just another obstructionists tactic by Schumer and the Democrats because they really want an open border to allow more illegal immigrants to come in to help them in the 2020 census and future elections. The Democrats are too dumb to realize their hateful obstructionists tactics are also harmful to the future welfare of our country. They just want political power and don't really care about the American people the way President Trump does. Their Trump derangement syndrome has made them crazy with hatred for Trump.

Rancid wrote:There's a shutdown? :?:

Actually it is only a partial shutdown, since only a small portion of the government will be shutdown.
"Shutdown" is just used as a political alarmist word.
User avatar
By XogGyux
#14974858
Hindsite wrote:However, Schumer is the main reason for the Shutdown, because he believes not funding a border security wall will hurt President Trump politically.

Thats not true. Retardicans vote against shit that they support to harm Democrats all the time. Democrats, for the most part, are not as pitiful. Case in point the criminal justice reform.
Democrats are not voting on the wall not to harm trump but because it is a stupid idea. Same reason many republicans don't like it either. A few tards do.
By Hindsite
#14974870
XogGyux wrote:Thats not true. Retardicans vote against shit that they support to harm Democrats all the time. Democrats, for the most part, are not as pitiful. Case in point the criminal justice reform.
Democrats are not voting on the wall not to harm trump but because it is a stupid idea. Same reason many republicans don't like it either. A few tards do.

The Dems are okay with the criminal justice reform because that was not a Trump campaign promise.
So you think the Democrats voting for miles of wood fencing that can easily be climbed over or holes cut into is a smarter idea than the very high steel beam walls that can't be easily climbed. There seem to be a lot of tards on the Democrat side to me. Praise the Lord.
User avatar
By XogGyux
#14974881
Hindsite wrote:The Dems are okay with the criminal justice reform because that was not a Trump campaign promise.

ROFL keep dreaming. Trump promised everything during the campaing, because that is what con artists do, they promess endlessly without having the most minimal intention to follow through. He had forgotten the wall until FOX news ravaged him on TV, thats why he is dropping a childish temper tantrum right now :lol: Pelosi just showed him who is the boss :p .
Case in point... Didn't he promise to drain the swamp? Why does he keep hiring swampy people? Why does he keep obstructing, critizicing and crying about Muller's investigation who already have multiple guilty pleads? Why does he keep surrounding himself with nasty swampy creatures? He does not care for promises or any policy what so ever, he only cares about him and how he looks.
Didn't he promised an amazing economy? Why is it that this week has been so f.king shitty.
How is it that it is so easy to blame other people when a retardican president is in power, a retardican senate and a retardican house...
Praise the Gnomes.
User avatar
By jimjam
#14974886
Hindsite wrote: They just want political power and don't really care about the American people the way President Trump does.


far fucking out :eek:

halle fucking lujah
By Hindsite
#14974915
XogGyux wrote:ROFL keep dreaming. Trump promised everything during the campaing, because that is what con artists do, they promess endlessly without having the most minimal intention to follow through. He had forgotten the wall until FOX news ravaged him on TV, thats why he is dropping a childish temper tantrum right now :lol: Pelosi just showed him who is the boss :p .
Case in point... Didn't he promise to drain the swamp? Why does he keep hiring swampy people? Why does he keep obstructing, critizicing and crying about Muller's investigation who already have multiple guilty pleads? Why does he keep surrounding himself with nasty swampy creatures? He does not care for promises or any policy what so ever, he only cares about him and how he looks.
Didn't he promised an amazing economy? Why is it that this week has been so f.king shitty.
How is it that it is so easy to blame other people when a retardican president is in power, a retardican senate and a retardican house...
Praise the Gnomes.

Politicians promise everything in campaigns to get elected. Most of them forget about those promises after being elected. However, President Trump has been able to fulfill many of his promises already in two years. Even if he is unable to build the border wall, he is at least trying, which is more than many politicians do.

Mueller's investigation has been a witch hunt to find or create a crime, but none of it proves Trump colluded with the Russians to win the election or that Trump is a criminal.

And even with the Federal Reserve Bank continually raising the interest rates against President Trump's objections, the economy is still much better than it was under Obama. That was why the Fed, during the Obama administration, kept the interest rates extremely low because the economy was not good. Now the Fed thinks they need to raise interest rates to slow down the economy.
User avatar
By Godstud
#14974919
However, President Trump has been able to fulfill many of his promises already in two years.
really? Which promises?

Repeal Obamacare? He couldn't even do that with a Republican Senate AND House.

The whole point hat people like you always rave on and on about was that Trump wasn't a politician. You're right. Politicians don't lie nearly as much as God-Emperor Twat Trump.

Incidentally, I am sure your 'god' isn't missing out on your Trump idol-worship, so enjoy Hell. :D
User avatar
By XogGyux
#14974958
Hindsite wrote:Mueller's investigation has been a witch hunt to find or create a crime, but none of it proves Trump colluded with the Russians to win the election or that Trump is a criminal.

If the Muller probe is a witch hunt, it is very effective at finding witches. :lol: Over a dozen witches already found, a few of them already pleaded guilty and we are still waiting to find more that are higher on the food chain on the trump world. Trump and his children likely going to be next targets and will be found witches as well :D, Praise Muller.

And even with the Federal Reserve Bank continually raising the interest rates against President Trump's objections, the economy is still much better than it was under Obama.

Oh right yes you are right. Please tell me, who was the moron who appointed the Federal Reserve Chair? We should fire the moron that appointed this guy.
Please, your idiot claims victory for everything good even when he has done absolutely nothing and then blames others when the shit hits the fan.
He was bragging about 2017 economy when he had done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the economy and was riding Obama's wave. The credit for that great economy goes to Obama, he got a shitty economy from Bush and fixed it (also fucked up our debt quite a bit, but that's another issue, Trump is also guilty of this). Then Trump starts putting his pussy grabbing paws into the policy and starts fighting with our allies and giving shitty tax cuts to billionaires and what does the economy does? Tanks. Just wait until next week, when the government is shut down, when the news of leaving Syria and Afghanistan sinks into our war-hugging market, it will continue to tank.
User avatar
By Stormsmith
#14975020
Please, your idiot claims victory for everything good even when he has done absolutely nothing and then blames others when the shit hits the fan.
He was bragging about 2017 economy when he had done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the economy and was riding Obama's wave.


Just as well, me thinks. Pres. Trump rolled back no end of good initatives from the Paris climate accord and clean water act to doing his level best to ensure the untimely death of Obamacare, instead of rewriting ObamaCare to give Americans the health care the rest of us enjoy and he promised his citizens.


The credit for that great economy goes to Obama, he got a shitty economy from Bush and fixed it (also fucked up our debt quite a bit, but that's another issue, Trump is also guilty of this).


Not to let Obama off the hook entirely, but there were mitigating circumstances, eg Bush gave tax cuts and subsidies away


Then Trump starts putting his pussy grabbing paws into the policy and starts fighting with our allies and giving shitty tax cuts to billionaires and what does the economy does? Tanks. Just wait until next week, when the government is shut down, when the news of leaving Syria and Afghanistan sinks into our war-hugging market, it will continue to tank.


I understand property taxes have also endured hits. The less money in home owners pockets, the more money goes out of the buyer's hands.

Edit

I hear this shutdown will affect 800,000 folks over Christmas which will annoy the stuffin's out of them, and they will remember this as the year the orange grinch spoiled Christmas next time they vote. Hallalu-u-ooooya
#14975181
Stormsmith wrote:I hear this shutdown will affect 800,000 folks over Christmas which will annoy the stuffin's out of them, and they will remember this as the year the orange grinch spoiled Christmas next time they vote. Hallalu-u-ooooya

We have millions of illegal aliens in the country that costs us a lot more money than the cost of building a border wall to stop more illegals from entering the country. One immigration organization estimated in 2017 that the number of illegal aliens in the US is approximately 12.5 million.

Those 800,000 folks you are referring to will just be on an extended vacation. As soon as the Democrats come to their senses and realize that obstruction of security for the border is not going to work with this President, they will be under much pressure to end the obstruction and to agree to pay those folks back pay.
User avatar
By Verv
#14975184
Godstud wrote:really? Which promises?

Repeal Obamacare? He couldn't even do that with a Republican Senate AND House.

The whole point hat people like you always rave on and on about was that Trump wasn't a politician. You're right. Politicians don't lie nearly as much as God-Emperor Twat Trump.

Incidentally, I am sure your 'god' isn't missing out on your Trump idol-worship, so enjoy Hell. :D


And many considered this the fault of the entrenched cuckservative Republicans, right? No one really blamed Pres. Trump for this.

And we have also seen him get success in the courts to some degree on this: recently, a Texas Judge has ruled that huge parts of Obamacare are unconstitutional (the Daily Caller).

But sure, yeah, I guess it is embarrassing.

I also think that it feels bad that we did not get the wall funding that we initially wanted.

Pres. Trump rightfully responded to this by pointing out that he was elected explicitly to enforce our borders and construct a wall.

If anything, it is like the system is failing the people by not allowing this mandate to really carry through. I believe you guys were complaining of the exact same situation during the second term of Pres. Obama, and you did not complain when executive orders were employed in order to enact policy on behalf of Pres. Obama, but you are complaining when Pres. Trump does it.

Which just generally shows me how loony democratic societies can end up being: the mainstream political parties end up behaving hypocritically, and this sort of hypocrisy becomes so normalized that it effects the populace as well. There really doesn't remain much honesty in the system at the bottom or at the top.
User avatar
By Godstud
#14975260
:lol: Could you find a less biased source than the extreme right-wing DailyCaller for your source? :lol:

Most of Trump's fails come from him trying to institute unconstitutional measures, and blaming his incompetence for dealing with his own party, is perfectly justified. Trump's never been a team player.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 23

January 16, Wednesday The Crittenden Compromis[…]

@One Degree , the point is about men being assho[…]

EU-BREXIT

I actually walked through the crowd of 'protest[…]

How did you become a socialist?

@ckaihatsu , I am not trying to "accompli[…]