Trump and Russiagate - Page 185 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
jimjam wrote:or more succinctly: Fatso Trump is above the law.

Actually, this is partially true and necessary to prevent the very political machinations Democrats are trying to pull. If successful, it will be just like the ‘nuclear option’. They do dumb shit and then whine when it is turned against them. You know if Democrats win in 2020, Republicans will use these same ‘investigative tactics’ against them.
They are destroying the system for short term gain.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:They are destroying the system for short term gain

Is this not pretty much the Republican/"conservative" M.O. on all greed driven issues such as protecting the environment and loading the deck in favor of billionaires/corporations?
jimjam wrote:Is this not pretty much the Republican/"conservative" M.O. on all greed driven issues such as protecting the environment and loading the deck in favor of billionaires/corporations?

No, It isn’t. Republicans like Democrats are made up of diverse people. I don’t think there is any real difference in the RNC and DNC goals. They both support the elite that pays them.
I and many others see Trump as an alternative. He does not support globalism and he wants strict immigration. These are two necessary goals contrary to the wishes of the capitalist elite and their two puppet parties. I can’t speak for all Trump supporters, but this Forum makes it clear other Trump supporters have similar beliefs.
Turning these beliefs into accusations of racism is a deliberate establishment ploy to avoid looking at the reality and only looking at the facts. The elite want him stopped and will use every dirty trick to do it.
Who benefits the most from globalism and mass immigration? It is not a moral decision, but a choice over supporting a corrupt system or trying to change it. People can’t change the system if the control of the system is removed from them. ‘Conservatives’ want control returned to them. They don’t want Washington to have it all and they don’t want international agreements that are even out of the hands of Washington.
It is about centralization versus decentralization and all the rest is a distraction from this reality. I don’t care if Trump makes speeches naked if he supports decentralization. I don’t care what business dealings he had. They are not important.
By jimjam
Members of President Donald Trump’s campaign and transition team had more than 100 contacts with Russia-linked operatives between September 2015 and January 2017, according to an updated report by the Center for American Progress’ Moscow Project.

These contacts reportedly included at least 28 meetings, both in person and over Skype, and involved several prominent members of Trump’s inner circle including the president’s children, Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr.; his former attorney Michael Cohen; and his former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
Intolerable. We must stop Americans from talking to people from other countries. Time to nationalize the internet and stop all this free association nonsense. You may be talking to a Russian and not even know it. This will compromise all future elections because reading what a Russian writes forces you to do exactly what they want. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
By jimjam
Despite his attempts to cause confusion and chaos with a national address on the proposed border wall - in which he said very little - the heat of the Mueller investigation is clearly getting to Donald.

So much so that he's considerably strengthened his legal team in order to help protect himself as the feared contents of Mueller's report loom.

Don has just hired SEVENTEEN additional lawyers to assist in his effort to keep the results of Mueller's report from the Democrat controlled congress and the public.

:hmm: Hmmmmm Sounds to me like a man with nothing to hide ………. :lol:
By Hindsite
The president is authorized to have as many as 140 lawyers to defend himself. The word is that the 17 lawyers are only to defend the President's executive privilege against the threatened use of subpoenas by the new Democrat controlled Congress to dig into the activities of President Donald Trump, his family and his administration. Trump has stated he is not worried about the Mueller report because there was no collusion with Russia.
Hindsite wrote:The president is authorized to have as many as 140 lawyers to defend himself. The word is that the 17 lawyers are only to defend t8he President's executive privilege against the threatened use of subpoenas by the new Democrat controlled Congress to dig into the activities of President Donald Trump, his family and his administration.

Hope he has better luck than Nixon and Regan.

Trump has stated he is not worried about the Mueller report because there was no collusion with Russia.

Good, or he'd hire as many as he could talking into working for him.
By Beren
CNN wrote:Cohen addressed his relationship with Trump at his sentencing, saying he had "blind loyalty to this man that led me to choose a path of darkness over light."

"Recently, the President tweeted a statement calling me 'weak,' and he was correct, but for a much different reason than he was implying," Cohen said at the time. "It was because time and time again I felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds rather than to listen to my own inner voice and my moral compass."

I wonder if Cohen actually believes this, like I sometimes wonder if Trump believes his own lies to be more convincing.

Michael Cohen, Trump's former lawyer, to testify publicly before Congress
By Hindsite
Beren wrote:I wonder if Cohen actually believes this, like I sometimes wonder if Trump believes his own lies to be more convincing.

I have no doubt that Trump believes what he is saying. His problem is in the way he states his points with some exaggeration, as emphasis. Much of it is not politically correct with the left-wing media. So they automatically accuse him of lying when it does not agree with their political reality.
Beren wrote:I wonder if Cohen actually believes this, like I sometimes wonder if Trump believes his own lies to be more convincing.

Michael Cohen, Trump's former lawyer, to testify publicly before Congress

Cohen is acting exactly like you would expect from our stereotype of a high priced lawyer. His claims of ‘inner voice and moral compass’ are reminiscent of ‘Honest Joe’s used cars’. He will say anything it pays him to say.
By Beren
The point is that he can't have a moral compass if he could be so much loyal to Trump and doing such work for him so long. He just got caught and Trump calls him weak because he gave up covering him.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:The president is authorized to have as many as 140 lawyers to defend himself. The word is that the 17 lawyers are only to defend the President's executive privilege against the threatened use of subpoenas by the new Democrat controlled Congress to dig into the activities of President Donald Trump, his family and his administration. Trump has stated he is not worried about the Mueller report because there was no collusion with Russia.

that's very nice but 17 lawyers is 17 lawyers. WTF do they do all day long?

If Fatso is not worried about the Mueller report why is he acting like he is scared shitless? Maybe his "bone spurs" are acting up :lol: .
jimjam wrote:that's very nice but 17 lawyers is 17 lawyers. WTF do they do all day long?

If Fatso is not worried about the Mueller report why is he acting like he is scared shitless? Maybe his "bone spurs" are acting up :lol: .

Reality check: Our Justice system is supposed to be about guilt and innocence, but the lawyers who operate this system have no concern for guilt or innocence. Their job is simply to present a case to accomplish a set outcome. It doesn’t matter if you are innocent, you still need these amoral people to defend you.
Are you suggesting Trump should ‘trust’ the system without his own lawyers? Lol.
jimjam wrote:Members of President Donald Trump’s campaign and transition team had more than 100 contacts with Russia-linked operatives between September 2015 and January 2017, according to an updated report by the Center for American Progress’ Moscow Project.

These contacts reportedly included at least 28 meetings, both in person and over Skype, and involved several prominent members of Trump’s inner circle including the president’s children, Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr.; his former attorney Michael Cohen; and his former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

That's nothing. The FBI received a tip about Papadopolous from the Australian foreign minister! Do you know what that means? That means, gasp, that the Australian foreign minister infiltrated Trump's campaign and was talking to Trump campaign staff! We've been infiltrated by Australia for Christsake! Trump must be doing Australia's bidding! I'll bet Trump listens to INXS, AC/DC, Men at Work, Big Country, and, gulp, Kylie Minogue! Treason!
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:That's nothing. The FBI received a tip about Papadopolous from the Australian foreign minister! Do you know what that means? That means, gasp, that the Australian foreign minister infiltrated Trump's campaign and was talking to Trump campaign staff! We've been infiltrated by Australia for Christsake! Trump must be doing Australia's bidding! I'll bet Trump listens to INXS, AC/DC, Men at Work, Big Country, and, gulp, Kylie Minogue! Treason!

:| Drlee was right, you are the champion of false equivalencies. Your boy Fatso Trump in in deep doo-doo ….. he could use your talents. He, i'm sure, would give you lots of money, you would simply have to put up with being treated like a piece of shit. Take a hint from our charismatic V.P. Pence and simply stay one step behind The Great Man, never say anything and nod knowingly from time to time.
By Beren
Here is the real crisis.
CNN wrote:No longer is this about what Manafort did prior to ever even entering Trump's orbit. Now the conversation is about what Manafort did WHILE he was serving as the top official of Trump's campaign.

What the Fabrizio news does is make clear, again, a) how much more Mueller knows about all of this than we do, b) how long he has known (the special counsel team interviewed Fabrizio LAST February) and c) how deep and intertwined all of this is with Trump's top staff and aides.

Trump can continue to say that the Mueller probe is a hoax and a witch hunt. But the more we find out about what Mueller knows -- and has known -- the less credible that taunt from the President seems.

This is the week the game changed in the Russia investigation
Beren wrote:Here is the real crisis.

This is the week the game changed in the Russia investigation

That’s really weak. They assume a meeting with Mueller is proof of wrong doing, and then build an imaginary scenario around this baseless assumption.
Why would they assume Trump would know everyone Manafort shared polling data with?
Beren wrote:Denying the connection between the developing of Russiagate and the Trump shutdown makes it impossible to understand the situation.

You lost me. I was not even aware there was a discussion about a connection.

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]