France fuel protests: Macron drives ahead amid unrest - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#14977644
With all due respect (which in this case is less than none) I didn't accuse any white person of racism.!.!.!.!
Unless pointing out that some white people behave like racists IS ACCUSING ALL WHITE PEOPLE OF BEING RACIST.
I just pointed out that there are many cases of such actions even today. And I state plainly here now that there would be more if such wasn't illegal.
Your freedom to wave your arms around ends just before they smash into my nose.
You don't seem to understand that as long as it is someone else's nose being smashed and broken.
#14977650
Steve_American wrote:With all due respect (which in this case is less than none) I didn't accuse any white person of racism.!.!.!.!
Unless pointing out that some white people behave like racists IS ACCUSING ALL WHITE PEOPLE OF BEING RACIST.
I just pointed out that there are many cases of such actions even today. And I state plainly here now that there would be more if such wasn't illegal.
Your freedom to wave your arms around ends just before they smash into my nose.
You don't seem to understand that as long as it is someone else's nose being smashed and broken.


Why do you think people will revert to beliefs they have given up? The fact you think only white people will do so is bigotry. There are not many cases, there are very few. Quit believing sensationalism is reality.
Most people still prefer to live in racial and ethnic communities due to cultural preference and continual media sensationalism telling them we hate one another. We seldom get Black people in our senior community despite no one having any objections. Why is that? It’s not racism, because no one here cares. It’s imagined racism perpetuated by Democrats for votes.
#14977720
Beren wrote:If 70-80% of the French support anything the Yellow Vests demand or ask for, how did Macron and his party get elected? They should organise their own party and run for office rather than calling for a referendum.


They don't ask for "a referendum", but for a change of the constitution that allows for referendums on all issues.
#14977735
Rugoz wrote:They don't ask for "a referendum", but for a change of the constitution that allows for referendums on all issues.

Which could be a great platform for a genuinely populist party. It would be wonderful if they could get a super-majority in the French legislature, change the constitution as they wish, and form a functioning government with a Yellow Vest president and prime minister. Then they could call a referendum each week and govern France accordingly. :excited:
#14977766
Beren wrote:If 70-80% of the French support anything the Yellow Vests demand or ask for, how did Macron and his party get elected? They should organise their own party and run for office rather than calling for a referendum.


Europhiles do not like referendums.
I wonder why ?
:lol:
#14977783
Beren wrote:
If 70-80% of the French support anything the Yellow Vests demand or ask for, how did Macron and his party get elected? They should organise their own party and run for office rather than calling for a referendum.

Rugoz replied:
Rugoz wrote:They don't ask for "a referendum", but for a change of the constitution that allows for referendums on all issues.

Actually they need to get out of the EU and EZ.
Only with the Frank back can the French Gov. have the freedom to run deficits as necessary and take actions to keep from importing too much and having a trade deficit.
The EU was built to freeze in Neo-liberal crazy economic theory.
#14977790
I will number your ponts.

One Degree wrote:
1] Why do you think people will revert to beliefs they have given up? The fact you think only white people will do so is bigotry.
2] There are not many cases, there are very few. Quit believing sensationalism is reality.
3] Most people still prefer to live in racial and ethnic communities due to cultural preference and continual media sensationalism telling them we hate one another. We seldom get Black people in our senior community despite no one having any objections. Why is that? It’s not racism, because no one here cares.
4] It’s imagined racism perpetuated by Democrats for votes.

So, 1] Why do you assume that 'people' have all given up such beliefs? There are a lot more white people than Blacks, Blacks are already punished for doing racist things.
2] We, it depends on the meaning of the word "many". In most cases it means more than 6 or 7. However, I can see your point that when there are millions of interaction between people of different races every single day, then many needs to be more than 8.
. . It also depends on the meaning of "few". In most cases it means more than a couple and less than several; so 3 to 5. And again, here it needs to be more than that. How much more depends on .......... .
. . It suppose it depends on how you feel about the cops shooting people dead for no reason at all, except that they claim that they "felt threatened" or "they didn't follow orders fast enough". And then walking free as a bird and not even losing their job and being banned from being a cop or security officer ever again.
3] Not relevant to my post.
4] This is just your imagined opinion. Again I refer you to Black lives matter for more examples.
#14977794
Steve_American wrote:I will number your ponts.


So, 1] Why do you assume that 'people' have all given up such beliefs? There are a lot more white people than Blacks, Blacks are already punished for doing racist things.
2] We, it depends on the meaning of the word "many". In most cases it means more than 6 or 7. However, I can see your point that when there are millions of interaction between people of different races every single day, then many needs to be more than 8.
. . It also depends on the meaning of "few". In most cases it means more than a couple and less than several; so 3 to 5. And again, here it needs to be more than that. How much more depends on .......... .
. . It suppose it depends on how you feel about the cops shooting people dead for no reason at all, except that they claim that they "felt threatened" or "they didn't follow orders fast enough". And then walking free as a bird and not even losing their job and being banned from being a cop or security officer ever again.
3] Not relevant to my post.
4] This is just your imagined opinion. Again I refer you to Black lives matter for more examples.


I never said all. Punished like the Chicago Blacks who tortured a white kid on video and got a slap on the wrist. The hate crime laws were clearly aimed at whites.
How can you agree the number of racial crimes is sensationalized and not believe a lot of racism is imagined? We believe what the media tells us even when we know it’s sensationalized. Repetition creates reality in people’s minds. If you are convinced of racism, you will see it. I am not saying it is nonexistent and I am not saying people are making it up. It’s normal for people to see what they expect to see. Minorities are told to see racism, so they do. I am sure there are lots of picture puzzles on the internet to show how this works.
  • 1
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
The Trump Shut Down

When the Democrats actually support some of these[…]

Co-equality? Well, ...

Sir, thank you for your response. With regard to […]

Democrats SHOULD build the wall

Try something new. Post your evidence. There's […]

@noemon , You wrote: "Steve wrote: Also, th[…]