The Trump Shut Down - Page 19 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By One Degree
Any reasonable person knows this shutdown is a farce orchestrated by congressional Republicans and Trump, which seems to turn out to be the president's biggest political mistake so far.

Only if he caves. He should go on an extended trip and let them stew for awhile.
The surrealism is that you'd refuse occasional state or federal intervention even if it were obviously necessary.

It’s never necessary. All they do is the bookkeeping. The actual people helping come from other communities. Voluntary cooperation accomplishes the same thing more efficiently and without loss of sovereignty.
After a hurricane, the power is not restored by the federal government. It is restored by people from other communities.
By Beren
Sure, Trump should do the same as what McConnell did, who just went home to Kentucky. As a matter of fact Republicans are great at proving how useless the federal government can be. :lol:
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Sure, Trump should do the same as what McConnel did, who just went home to Kentucky. As a matter of fact Republicans are great at proving how useless the federal government can be. :lol:

Amen. I would love to see them all go home and let us find out we will do just fine without them. What has Congress actually done? I can’t think of anything they have passed in years that benefits me. Hell, they can’t even pass a full years budget.
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Maybe Republicans should just argue the Founding Fathers meant the federal government to be dysfunctional. Trump should definitely campaign with that. :lol:

Well, this could be said to be true based upon our view today. They certainly did not intend for them to interfere in healthcare, schools, or basically anything dealing directly with individuals including the federal income tax.
They were suppose to only deal with things individual states couldn’t. Like immigration, which our confused liberal judges now think states can interfere with.
By jimjam
“I do have a plan on the Shutdown. But to understand that plan you would have to understand the fact that I won the election, and I promised safety and security for the American people. Part of that promise was a Wall at the Southern Border. Elections have consequences!” D.Trump
Oh! Donald has "a plan". :lol: Consequences? Yup. Lap Dog Ryan got sent back to Ohio in exchange for a tough bitch who is whipping Fatso Trump's ass :lol: .

“This isn’t a wall between Mexico and the United States,” Pelosi told reporters this week. “This is a wall between his failures of his administration. This is a big diversion and he’s a master of diversion.”
By Stormsmith
Beren wrote:Any reasonable person knows this shutdown is a farce orchestrated by congressional Republicans and Trump, which seems to turn out to be the president's biggest political mistake so far.

Well, it's a contender, but I would say it's his (lack of) environmental concerns or stuffing kids in kennels after separating them from their parents. That was nasty, cruel even.
By jimjam
America's traveling freak show …………... :|

Boy, it will be good when he finally leaves the stage; like a good bowel movement.
Last edited by jimjam on 12 Jan 2019 20:43, edited 2 times in total.
By Beren
Stormsmith wrote:Well, it's a contender, but I would say it's his (lack of) environmental concerns or stuffing kids in kennels after separating them from their parents. That was nasty, cruel even.

Maybe this shutdown is not worse, but definitely bigger.
By Drlee
Yes, it is ridiculous Democrats refuse any compromise and continue the shutdown. Any reasonable person knows compromise is necessary.
Your belief the state or federal government can improve garbage collection, unfortunately is the type of surrealism I have come to expect.

Will you take a fucking civics course before you make anymore stupid comments like this?

The president does not pass a budget. Full Stop! The house has the power of the purse. He has no business shutting down the government at all, not to mention about the appropriation of money.

The president has a remedy. He can propose legislation to build his wall. If he has a compelling case the congress will appropriate money for it. It is idiotic to believe that the president, backed by a minority of Americans should even think he should try to circumvent our constitution this way.

Do try to understand how our government works OD. Just try.
By jimjam
Think of this border wall as Trump’s life raft. This is a man drowning in a swirl of scandal, investigations and lies. He’s struggling mightily to hang on to his supporters in the vain hope of surviving the coming hurricane that will inevitably destroy Trump, his family and everything connected to him.
US Congress is deeply divided and nothing will get done by lawmakers for next two years because of this. Washington isn't functioning. Lawmakers fail.

US Congress fail addressing the humanitarian crisis ongoing on US- Mexico border. There is a valid reason reason for the president to intervene. Declaring national emergency sounds like the only option left. POTUS should stop listening to his oppenents who oppose everything he says. He should keep his campgain promise of the wall.
By One Degree
Drlee wrote:Will you take a fucking civics course before you make anymore stupid comments like this?

The president does not pass a budget. Full Stop! The house has the power of the purse. He has no business shutting down the government at all, not to mention about the appropriation of money.

The president has a remedy. He can propose legislation to build his wall. If he has a compelling case the congress will appropriate money for it. It is idiotic to believe that the president, backed by a minority of Americans should even think he should try to circumvent our constitution this way.

Do try to understand how our government works OD. Just try.

Quoting me without tagging me is chickenshit. Your post is irrelevant nonsense that does not address any point I made.
By Godstud
Why should he tag you One Degree? You're following the fucking thread. Stop being a snowflake. :knife:
By One Degree
Godstud wrote:Why should he tag you One Degree? You're following the fucking thread. Stop being a snowflake. :knife:

If you insult people without tagging them, then you are being a sneaky little bitch, afraid of confrontation.
Basically admitting you are outmatched and have to resort to being sneaky.
By XogGyux
One Degree wrote:If you insult people without tagging them, then you are being a sneaky little bitch, afraid of confrontation.
Basically admitting you are outmatched and have to resort to being sneaky.

You don't have the capacity to outmatch a chimp intellectually let alone a human being. calm the fck down.
By Godstud
One Degree wrote:If you insult people without tagging them, then you are being a sneaky little bitch, afraid of confrontation.
You're following the thread and responding to everything people post. Stop acting like a whiney snowflake.
By One Degree
XogGyux wrote:You don't have the capacity to outmatch a chimp intellectually let alone a human being. calm the fck down.

That doesn’t say much for you losing every encounter with me. :)

No it doesn't. Nazis killed 30 Frenchmen fo[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]