Macron and May (no confidence vote?) crumble. Trump battles Pelosi and Schumer - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#14972486
If they shut down government, it'll depend to some degree on who wins the media war more to some degree and also how it eventually ends.

I think they'll be able to spin it rather easily that it's the democrats shutting down government to supolport open borders and it'll be a position that makes many democrats uncomfortable as lots of democrats actually ran on pro immigration reform platforms, and won. Some even ran while supporting the Wall (I forget who that was specifically).

Honestly, I think it'll make the Republicans look principled, and in another way make the democrats look principled, too, but their principles will only appeal to people very strongly within their base.
#14972508
Steve_American wrote:It looks like almost no one wants to jump in with their answer to my question.
I think --- all the Trumpets will jump to blame the Dems. All the Dems will blame Trump. The Progressive Dems would only vote for Trump if A. Hitler was the only other choice. It is the restof the popuation that matter here. Time will tell.


You are asking us to decide the outcome before we have an indication of the strategies. The outcome of ‘who loses the most votes’ will be determined by the success of their strategy. Strategy being equal, Democrats should lose significantly. However, we are aware Democrats have a strategical advantage because they are the establishment.
#14979438
So, we are almost half way through January.
Now, can more of you guess which side will lose the most votes?
I'm told that the new Dem House has already passed a series of spending laws that the Senate could also pass.
Then, they could try to override Trump's veto.
McConnel has refused to bring them up for a vote.
IStM that the Repuds are far more to blame. I predict that the 800K Fed. workers and the larger number of contractors who are not getting paid will blame the Repuds.
I predict that the mass of Repud voters will not see the truth or will call it fake news if the do. So, they will blame the Dems.
I am positive that most every Dem voter will blame the Repuds.
It is only the independents who will swing.
#14979506
Hopefully Trump realizes he was elected to fulfill his promises and not simply be a puppet for media polls. Americans are ignorant and believe you can have change without any hardship on anyone. That is not realistic and should be ignored by any true leader.
Trump has 2 years for the public to forget any hardship. That is about 10 times longer than necessary. He would be making a serious mistake to back down on his position. His timing actually demonstrates he understands this. Immediately after the midterms and the furthest from the next election. The timing is perfect for him.
#14979544
One Degree wrote:Hopefully Trump realizes he was elected to fulfill his promises and not simply be a puppet for media polls.

Trump's honesty and tranparency, as well as his profound wisdom, will ensure that he fulfils all the sacred promises he made to the USA electorate.

His vision of making America great again isn't just an empty spectacle to distract while the oligarchy strips the last of the assets from under the fat asses of USA TV viewers.

And who would ever accuse a reality-TV-star Heir-to-daddy's fortune of being a media puppet?

(Choose any one of these three sentences and try to imagine it being true or insightful)
#14979553
QatzelOk wrote:Trump's honesty and tranparency, as well as his profound wisdom, will ensure that he fulfils all the sacred promises he made to the USA electorate.

His vision of making America great again isn't just an empty spectacle to distract while the oligarchy strips the last of the assets from under the fat asses of USA TV viewers.

And who would ever accuse a reality-TV-star Heir-to-daddy's fortune of being a media puppet?

(Choose any one of these three sentences and try to imagine it being true or insightful)


Being close to Trump’s age, I have no trouble believing in these ‘contradictions’. They all start to become meaningless to many at our age as we realize we personally are no longer important. The only thing left is basing our decisions on a better future. It changes many people. Only Trump knows what is true for him, but I can see how he can be honest now despite my not liking him in the past.
#14979595
One Degree wrote:...as we realize we personally are no longer important. The only thing left is basing our decisions on a better future. ...

Living in our age means realizing that you're not important.

What a beautiful and enlightened time to be alive, One Degree. We should all be grateful to our oligarchs for ignoring human beings because, well, they're just not that important. Only the rich and famous deserve to survive, and Trump knows this. He plays with our minds, but he knows this one important thing.

Only supermodels and billionaires will survive the last years of our species existence on this planet. And they will do this at a Planet Hollywood resort in Brazil.
#14979605
QatzelOk wrote:Living in our age means realizing that you're not important.

What a beautiful and enlightened time to be alive, One Degree. We should all be grateful to our oligarchs for ignoring human beings because, well, they're just not that important. Only the rich and famous deserve to survive, and Trump knows this. He plays with our minds, but he knows this one important thing.

Only supermodels and billionaires will survive the last years of our species existence on this planet. And they will do this at a Planet Hollywood resort in Brazil.


Actually, the opposite belief is the new one. Baby boomers were the first generation to start putting their individual importance above family, community, and the future of humanity. It was common not to view yourself as all that important. Even when I was a kid, being called ‘conceited’ was a terrible insult. Today, conceit is the norm.
Viewing yourself as part of something larger does not diminish you, it makes you more egalitarian. Not the fake egalitarianism of today based upon group power and individual rights, but the real thing as it applies to the future of humanity.
#14979608
One Degree wrote:Baby boomers were the first generation to start putting their individual importance above family, community, and the future of humanity.

TV viewers were the first generations to follow styles rather than any kind of thinking.

By watching and following trends, they inadvertantly destroyed their communities, their families, and eventually their self-esteem (importance) and futures. But they enjoyed a lot of impressive car designs, and had the most massive useless lawns in human history.

What an eloquent confession of your true motive:[…]

“Iceworm”

@BigSteve The text you keep quoting is from th[…]

Very true, in fact. I asked you why it wasn't […]

Trump is the PT Barnum of politics. He is full of […]