The Trump Shut Down - Page 20 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Drlee
Can you imagine being the Speaker of the House of Representatives of the most powerful nation on earth and having its president banter insults like a 7 year old. I mean really. I would not let a 10 year old behave like this.

Yet he appeals to some people. They can't be smart nor have any class at all. They are just uneducated, unintelligent, boorish fools. Every single one of them.

So what is the difference between what he does and my characterization of his followers? I am simply telling the truth. Trump does not lie because he is a pathological liar. He lies because he knows his followers are not smart enough to catch him at it.
We like him because he's helping us tear down the establishment. That's why I'm so happy about this shutdown. This would freak George or Jeb Bush out. Trump is totally relaxed and isn't worried at all. It's the Democrats who are freaking out. It's even more fun watching the media cry crocodile tears for federal government employees who have missed one paycheck. One paycheck! So now we're supposed to believe that federal employees are living month to month, paycheck to paycheck, hand to mouth existences--and we're supposed to feel sorry for them.

They are the ones experiencing "funemployment" as Nancy Pelosi put it back during the financial crisis.

Great Job Mr. President! Keep up the great work! :rockon:
By Drlee
Trump is quaking in his boots. He is terrified. Or he ought to be.

But Putin will take care from him.
By XogGyux
blackjack21 wrote:We like him because he's helping us tear down the establishment. That's why I'm so happy about this shutdown. This would freak George or Jeb Bush out. Trump is totally relaxed and isn't worried at all. It's the Democrats who are freaking out. It's even more fun watching the media cry crocodile tears for federal government employees who have missed one paycheck. One paycheck! So now we're supposed to believe that federal employees are living month to month, paycheck to paycheck, hand to mouth existences--and we're supposed to feel sorry for them.

They are the ones experiencing "funemployment" as Nancy Pelosi put it back during the financial crisis.

Where are you buying all your concentrated moron elixir?
By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:The people in the caravan are trying to enter lawfully tòo, as is their right under US law and the international treaties to which the USA is a signatory. Their problem is President Trump has vastly limited the agents who can process them. These people walked hundreds of miles because they could not fly. They must be flat broke by now, and getting food must be a problem .

There is a process for people to enter legally. Most of these people are not trying to enter legally. They knew from the time they left their own country that the way they were trying to enter was illegal, but they did not care because they are lawless people. President Trump had nothing to do with authorizing the number of agents or judges needed to process this overwhelming number of migrants entering illegally. That is what Congress is supposed to do, but they have failed to provide for it, if that is what they really wanted. They must be worried about the cost all of a sudden.

I don't feel sorry for any dumb-ass that would do what those migrants have attempted.

blackjack21 wrote:We like him because he's helping us tear down the establishment. That's why I'm so happy about this shutdown. This would freak George or Jeb Bush out. Trump is totally relaxed and isn't worried at all. It's the Democrats who are freaking out. It's even more fun watching the media cry crocodile tears for federal government employees who have missed one paycheck. One paycheck! So now we're supposed to believe that federal employees are living month to month, paycheck to paycheck, hand to mouth existences--and we're supposed to feel sorry for them.

Yeah, the Democrats and their left-wing media are a bunch of political fakes.
Putin must have been right when he said Trump was a genius.
Praise the Lord.
Drlee wrote:Will you take a fucking civics course before you make anymore stupid comments like this?

The president does not pass a budget. Full Stop! The house has the power of the purse. He has no business shutting down the government at all, not to mention about the appropriation of money.

The president has a remedy. He can propose legislation to build his wall. If he has a compelling case the congress will appropriate money for it. It is idiotic to believe that the president, backed by a minority of Americans should even think he should try to circumvent our constitution this way.

Do try to understand how our government works OD. Just try.

He doesn't understand jack shit Drlee. Everything he thinks he knows is basically unstudied. I like someone pointing out to me where I might be wrong on my facts. So I can research and learn something. Improve in some way.

OD? No. He doesn't study, has no logic and he likes spouting shit he has no idea about. Trump can do no wrong.

Trump is going to have serious issues because Trump seems to be learning his own facts about government as he moves along and not because he cares to take a few civics classes either. Lol.

I used to teach government courses a long, long time ago. The students would ask, "Teacher, so the congress is elected via how much population a state has? And the senate is allowed a maximum of 100 senators due to 2 senators per state. The legislative branch is divided into two groups. The House of Representatives and the Senate. The Judicial branch are the Courts. From the lowest courts like municipal and county courts to the SCOTUS. The Federal system overrides or overrules any state courts in terms of authority. The executive branch is composed of....a President and his cabinet. He appoints people to fill the positions of all the agencies that run different federal departments in the USA...etc etc."

Then congress is the only branch of government supposedly that is in charge of the purse and declaring war, etc. I would think OD knew this shit by now. You get it in your basic USA government course work. My class was through a community college so we went deeper into government like Political Action Committees, and lobbyists, and slush funds, black budgets and and specific histories of government agencies like the FBI and CIA, etc.

I don't understand why we have to be telling some of our posters basic shit information. If they come on a politics board like this one and they want to debate politics you would think they would know basic government of their own country. I posted the Puerto Rican constitution. You can look up a bunch of different nations constitution in this website. So you know what their 'rules' are. There are differences. I can understand not knowing other nations' constitutions or guidelines for their political systems. But the one you have lived in your whole life? No, no excuse for that except being lazy and or never paying attention in a civics class.

Ay Drlee, so many courses have been removed that were once useful from school curricula. Civics, budgeting and financial management for your life and household, art, music, social studies, history, etc. I wonder what is left to cut?
By One Degree
I love how the ‘liberals’ criticize Trump for being crude and vulgar by being outrageously crude and vulgar and actually feel good about themselves. We need research to find out if there is a gene for hypocrisy that causes their lunacy.
@Tainari88 , @Drlee
perhaps you can explain Vietnam using your superior knowledge of how only Congress can declare war or dictate spending without legislation?
By Godstud
@One Degree ...most of us have never criticized Trump for being crude and vulgar. We've criticized him for being a racist rich fat-cat who cares nothing for the common people. You're simply too stupid to realize you've been conned.
By Rich
The thread title is a filthy lie.

What are we going to do about it? Should those of us that care about truth start our own thread, with an honest title are can we get this title changed? Trump can not end the shut down with out a bill. As far as I'm aware Congress hasn't sent him a bill. Congress can end the shut down any time it wants even without Trump's cooperation.
By One Degree
Godstud wrote:@One Degree You are full of shit. most of us have never criticized Trump for being crude and vulgar. We've criticized him for being a racist rich fat-cat who cares nothing for the common people. You're simply too stupid to realize you've been conned.

Retired young in Thailand. Thinks all Trump supporters (common man) are racist Nazis. Calls others stupid. Lies about criticizing Trump.

Yep, those are excellent credentials for passing judgement on Trump. The ‘projection’ is so stark it is difficult to imagine people not seeing their hypocrisy.
Your posts demonstrate you are worse than Trump in everything you accused him of in this post. You have been conned into believing hypocrisy is a virtue.
By One Degree
Rich wrote:The thread title is a filthy lie.

What are we going to do about it? Should those of us that care about truth start our own thread, with an honest title are can we get this title changed? Trump can not end the shut down with out a bill. As far as I'm aware Congress hasn't sent him a bill. Congress can end the shut down any time it wants even without Trump's cooperation.

It is amazing this deliberate propaganda is acceptable as a title. It is well known Democrats coined it for propaganda purposes.
By XogGyux
One Degree wrote:Retired young in Thailand. Thinks all Trump supporters (common man) are racist Nazis.

LOL you are not a common man. You are in the minority.
Also, I see you don't evolve your tactics of ad hominem. After all these years you have learned nothing.
By One Degree
XogGyux wrote:LOL you are not a common man. You are in the minority.
Also, I see you don't evolve your tactics of ad hominem. After all these years you have learned nothing.

Unfortunately, it is necessary to communicate with others based upon their level of understanding. This is something I have learned over all these years, but I don’t enjoy using it.
By jimjam
Rich wrote:The thread title is a filthy lie.

One Degree wrote:It is amazing this deliberate propaganda is acceptable as a title

“I will take the mantle,” Mr. Trump went on. “I will be the one to shut it down — I’m not going to blame you for it.” D.Trump

:?:

Surreal describes something that’s a bizarre mix of elements, often jarring and seemingly nonsensical
By Rich
jimjam wrote:“I will take the mantle,” Mr. Trump went on. “I will be the one to shut it down — I’m not going to blame you for it.” D.Trump

:?:

Surreal describes something that’s a bizarre mix of elements, often jarring and seemingly nonsensical

I don't care what Trump said. The government is partially shutdown because Congress have not authorised the spending. If Congress passed a bill without the two thirds backing in both houses that Trump vetoed, then he could be held partially responsible, but even then the lion's share of responsibility would still belong to Congress.

The essential cause of these shutdowns is the idiotic American Constitution. It causes complete obfuscation of responsibility. Who is responsible for governance in a particular location? - the President, the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court, the State House, the State Senate, the Governor or the State supreme court? But the system doesn't even protect against tyranny because all eight institutions can all be held by the same party and all won with a minority vote.

A lot of people like the American Constitution, well fine have it your own way, just don't whine about these shutdowns, particularly about the worse shutdown of all, aka The American Civil War. Its like a lot of people like Britain's un-proportional representation, infrequent election system. Again fine have it your own way, just don't whine about the Brexit shenanigans that we are now experiencing.
By jimjam
I propose that Trump pay the $5.7 billion himself, and then the U.S. will repay him (with a nice interest rate) as the Mexican payments for the wall pour in. The Federal Reserve can verify the Mexican income stream and forward the sums to Trump.
By XogGyux
jimjam wrote:I propose that Trump pay the $5.7 billion himself, and then the U.S. will repay him (with a nice interest rate) as the Mexican payments for the wall pour in. The Federal Reserve can verify the Mexican income stream and forward the sums to Trump.

LOL yes. In fact forget mexico, I think the taxpayers themselves would be happy to reinburse with a 300% interest if after he builds it, the wall turns out to be effective at all :p/
Liberals idiotic arguments...

A 20 foot wall won’t stop anyone.
Illegals are innocent children.

So the argument is innocent children clear 20 foot fences in a single bound just like Superman.
You guys should really give more thought to the nonsense you spout.

Really? A 20 foot fence isn’t a deterrent? No different than a flat field?
I refuse to believe you are that stupid, so that just leaves lying.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]