Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 36 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Lies? It's the Republicans who still hold all the power and still can't do anything. They're the ones constantly lying about the Democrats stopping them.

Lies. You know this is not true and it has been repeatedly pointed out to you. Everyone knows the RNC did not want Trump.
Stupid question, since they aren't in power, are they?

Does that stop them from proposing legislation? No, more lies.
I understand completely what I said. You still haven't a fucking clue what Liberalism is, so you should quit fucking using the word. It's sheer ignorance.

Back to insults because you know your arguments aren’t honest.

Republicans are as guilty of supporting "Global capitalism", as anyone else, so take your holier-than-thou bullshit and stuff it. They are both right-wing when it comes to Capitalism. They support the rich and do little for anyone else.

Again, you know Trump and his supporters don’t support the Republican establishment. You are deliberately being dishonest.
By jimjam
U.S. potentially risks losing its triple-A credit rating if shutdown continues long enough, Fitch Ratings said. The head of sovereign ratings said if the shutdown continues to March 1 and complicates debt ceiling, “We may need to start thinking about the policy framework.”

and

Estimates from President Donald Trump’s chief economist peg the cost to the overall U.S. economy at about $1.2 billion for each week the shutdown persists.
jimjam wrote:U.S. potentially risks losing its triple-A credit rating if shutdown continues long enough, Fitch Ratings said. The head of sovereign ratings said if the shutdown continues to March 1 and complicates debt ceiling, “We may need to start thinking about the policy framework.”

and

Estimates from President Donald Trump’s chief economist peg the cost to the overall U.S. economy at about $1.2 billion for each week the shutdown persists.

That is more of a reason that the DEMs should make a deal quickly to stop the shutdown.
It looks like Donald's well rehearsed business model of flood the arena with cash, lie constantly and retreat in a flurry of lawyers as bankruptcy ensues is playing out on a national and world scale. He just hired SEVENTEEN new lawyers. This time around bankruptcy will take the form of an economic crash or, if we are lucky, a recession. In his prior life economic pain has been restricted to those dumb enough to fall for his con in his limited circle. This time around economic pain will be widely spread to all non billionaire Americans. Sure the billionaires will lose a few billion but they will have a few billion left to eek through on ……. not so for the 70% of Americans currently living paycheck to paycheck.
Several noted economists and distinguished investors are warning of a stock market crash.

For example, former budget director for the Reagan White House, David Stockman recently raised a red flag when he declared an economic collapse is imminent. He went on to say: “There surely is a doozy just around the bend.”

Scott Minerd, Chairman of Investments and Global Chief Investment Officer of Guggenheim Partners, warns: “The markets are potentially on a collision course for disaster … once we reach a peak we’ll probably see a 40% retracement in equities.”

Paul Tudor Jones, the famed hedge fund manager and founder of The Tudor Group, is credited for calling the October 1987 market crash, now says that while “we have the strongest economy in 40 years … it is unsustainable.”

And John Hussman, President of Hussman Investment Trust, says that when the market crashes we can expect “a market loss on the order of 60%.”

But there is one distinct warning that should send chills down your spine … that of famed economist Ted Bauman. Bauman and his team correctly predicted the collapse of 1999 and 2007.

Bauman now warns: “There are three key economic indicators screaming SELL. They don’t imply that a 70% collapse is looming, it’s already at our doorstep.”
XogGyux wrote:OR....
Maybe the petty child that started it all should stop the shutdown.

Trump is a real pussy grabbing man with man-size hands.
HalleluYah
By XogGyux
Hindsite wrote:Trump is a real pussy grabbing man with man-size hands.
HalleluYah

I wonder how proud your mother, wife and/or daughter would be of you based on this comment.
You are a sad man. I pity you.
XogGyux wrote:I wonder how proud your mother, wife and/or daughter would be of you based on this comment.
You are a sad man. I pity you.

I am not sad. I thought it was very funny. You seem to be the sad one to me.

I don't worry about them being proud of me. If they are not proud of me by now, I don't expect anything I could say would change that. My wife does not like many of my jokes, but I keep joking anyway, when I am in the mood.
By Godstud
Trump Cultists seem to be proud of their stupidity, gullibilty, and ignorance. You can't debate with people like that, as they're simply not intelligent enough to tell reality from the fantasy that they've been fed, @XogGyux.
Godstud wrote:Trump Cultists seem to be proud of their stupidity, gullibilty, and ignorance. You can't debate with people like that, as they're simply not intelligent enough to tell reality from the fantasy that they've been fed, @XogGyux.

At least you did not call me a racist this time.
Praise the Lord.
By Godstud
@Hindsite This time it wasn't warranted. This time...
jimjam wrote:Estimates from President Donald Trump’s chief economist peg the cost to the overall U.S. economy at about $1.2 billion for each week the shutdown persists.

Indeed. I thought a businessman in 'The White House' was good for the economy. Seems Trump has ridden Obama's economic wave and it is now in decline due to incompetence. Even the Stock market is crashing. Perhaps people didn't realise that Trump knows how to bankrupt a company just as well as creating one.

So all heil pussy grabbing man-size hands Trump. May he destroy capitalism once and for all. :lol:
By jimjam
Sean Hannity, Trump's de facto Chief of Staff whose net worth is in the area of $200,000,000, declared that raising taxes on the wealthy would damage the economy, because “rich people won’t be buying boats that they like recreationally,” and “they’re not going to be taking expensive vacations anymore.” :eek:

Um, that’s not the answer a conservative is supposed to give. You’re supposed to insist that low taxes on the rich give them an incentive to work really really hard, not make it easier for them to take lavish vacations. You’re supposed to declare that low taxes will induce them to save and spend money building businesses, not help them afford to buy new yachts.

Even if your real reason for favoring low taxes is that they let your wealthy friends engage in even more high living, you’re not supposed to say that out loud.
jimjam wrote:Sean Hannity, Trump's de facto Chief of Staff whose net worth is in the area of $200,000,000, declared that raising taxes on the wealthy would damage the economy, because “rich people won’t be buying boats that they like recreationally,” and “they’re not going to be taking expensive vacations anymore.” :eek:

Um, that’s not the answer a conservative is supposed to give. You’re supposed to insist that low taxes on the rich give them an incentive to work really really hard, not make it easier for them to take lavish vacations. You’re supposed to declare that low taxes will induce them to save and spend money building businesses, not help them afford to buy new yachts.

Even if your real reason for favoring low taxes is that they let your wealthy friends engage in even more high living, you’re not supposed to say that out loud.

Someone has to have the money to buy those boats and yachts to keep those businesses afloat. How about that pun?
Praise the Lord.
jimjam wrote:Several noted economists and distinguished investors are warning of a stock market crash.

You're a little late. That began in October.

jimjam quoted wrote:Scott Minerd, Chairman of Investments and Global Chief Investment Officer of Guggenheim Partners, warns: “The markets are potentially on a collision course for disaster … once we reach a peak we’ll probably see a 40% retracement in equities.”

I think that's possible. I'm thinking we'll get to the highs of 2016 before Trump got elected. That should be a good base of support.

jimjam quotes wrote:And John Hussman, President of Hussman Investment Trust, says that when the market crashes we can expect “a market loss on the order of 60%.”

I think that might be overdoing it, unless a debt crisis develops. That would take a some more rate-hiking by the Fed and other central banks. I'm out and contemplating shorting the S&P if it rallies to about 2625-2630 or so.

jimjam quotes wrote:Bauman now warns: “There are three key economic indicators screaming SELL. They don’t imply that a 70% collapse is looming, it’s already at our doorstep.”

Again, we would have to be dealing with something a bit more. Real estate should be topping out, because ARM loans are now too expensive for people who couldn't afford 30-year fixed loans and 20% down. I could see social media taking that kind of dive. I don't think Facebook is a good buy at this point. However, I think Amazon and Google are strong companies. Apple will be on the rocks until 5G comes alive, so 2020-ish time frame.

Godstud wrote:Trump Cultists seem to be proud of their stupidity, gullibilty, and ignorance. You can't debate with people like that, as they're simply not intelligent enough to tell reality from the fantasy that they've been fed, @XogGyux.

You seem to completely miss the point. Trump is a "fuck you" by the American people to the establishment. It's not about like, love, etc. It's about somebody in Washington who does his level best to piss off the establishment. That's what we like. Nobody is sitting around waiting for politicians to finally tell the truth and become paragons of virtue. We're all too old for that fairy tale.

B0ycey wrote:Seems Trump has ridden Obama's economic wave and it is now in decline due to incompetence.

Which could also be characterized as Jerome Powell.

jimjam wrote:Even if your real reason for favoring low taxes is that they let your wealthy friends engage in even more high living, you’re not supposed to say that out loud.

Yes. Envious liberals will become very upset.
By Godstud
@blackjack21 I don't miss the point. You people are fucking morons thinking a "Fuck you" to anyone is going to improve your dumbass country.

Trump IS the fucking establishment! :knife:
Godstud wrote:@blackjack21 I don't miss the point. You people are fucking morons thinking a "Fuck you" to anyone is going to improve your dumbass country.

Trump IS the fucking establishment! :knife:

Trump is a member of one faction of the Establishment, which is not the mainstream faction. For guys like Hindsite or BJ, that's good enough. The fundamental problem seems to be that the American working classes and lower-middle classes have lost all sense of agency or class-consciousness. They therefore have no other option than to lend their backing to either one or another of the ruling classes, in the hope that they (as a class) can rise on the coattails of some 'Great Man' or other, who will redress their grievances in return for their dog-like devotion to his cause. In other words, the American working class are in the same position that the Roman working class found themselves in at the end of the Roman Republic. And for the same reasons - they have been systematically looted and deprived of all political agency by the ruling class.
Potemkin wrote:Trump is a member of one faction of the Establishment, which is not the mainstream faction.

Exactly, it's not a monolithic entity. The infighting is especially visible on issues like climate change. There's one faction of nationalist industrialists represented by people like the Kochs who oppose this new agenda because it threatens their little fiefdoms while the transnational banking and managerial elites are really pushing the agenda because it gives them greater control of the global economy which means greater geopolitical power for global governance.

Eugenics as a concept is quite interesting since […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]

@FiveofSwords You still haven't told us how yo[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]